PDA

View Full Version : I have some idea's/questions

Higuy
May 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Well basically I want to know if it'd be possible to somehow sync a vehicle in multiplayer. When I mean sync, I mean getting destroyed, ie like having a bomb and it when its destroyed, it syncs for everyone.

Another syncing thing is having a device you could press (when available) to play an animation, and then have something drop, like supply's, and spawn some weapons.

I know these would be insanely easy things to do in SP, but having these things in MP could really be awesome and knowing if it'd be anyway possible to make them sync across the netcode would really be helpful. Yoyorast was able to sync alot of things, so im not really sure whats possible and what isn't anymore without having to pull some crazy shit.

chrisk123999
May 15th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I helped Yoyo with some of the online syncing stuff, message me some time on Xfire, I'll see what I can do. That second thing you said sorta sounds like a care package...

Higuy
May 15th, 2010, 11:40 PM
That second thing you said sorta sounds like a care package...
It's a drop pod that drop's weapons, like in Reach's gen def.

staticchanger
May 16th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I like that idea, I script quite a bit, but it is usually SP. Let me think, as far as I know there is no way to sync the spawning of itemcollections in multiplayer through scripts, my idea is this: Make an invisible platform (scenery) in the sky above your drop point. Place your weapon of choice on it. Place a flag above it. Make a script that is activated by switch/trigger volume that does this: deletes the platform, make a tiny damage effect on the flagpoint to knock the weapon down, spawns the pod as a scenery at the drop point, sleeps a few, recreates the platform, deletes the pod. I don't know for sure if the damage effect is necessary the weapon may fall on its own, and for added effect make the pod a vehicle or possibly a projectile and let it fall also. With trial and error I could make it work, I think downflow's pelican had drop pods as projectile that spawned rocketlaunchers. I'd have to look but that may could be modified to produce a more efficient method.

chrisk123999
May 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM
You don't need to have it spawn an item collection (witch is impossible to do anyway), you just spawn a weapon and it syncs. It just disappears after about 25 seconds or so of laying on the ground.

staticchanger
May 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM
item collection (witch is impossible to do anyway)

i simply meant place, srry for the confusion. But yeah I have some more efficient ideas after thinking about it for awhile.

staticchanger
May 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Ok here is another idea: look at this imagehttp://barrettrouton.com/example.jpgMake a script that is triggered by whatever means you see fit that does this: spawn and teleport vehicle which is the supplypod at flag drop. This vehicle will be made to fall straight down into the trigger volume. A script will be made that when ever this vehicle is in the trigger volume the weapon will be spawned, the script will sleep for 45 seconds then destroy the vehicle. The following script has been untested but should work (the event is just set to happen at startup):
drop = flag
location = trigger
pod = vehicle
rocket = weapon

(script startup spawndrop
(begin
(object_create_anew pod)
(object_teleport pod drop)
(object_set_facing pod drop)
)
)
(script continuous spawncheck
(begin
(if (= (volume_test_object location pod) true)
(begin
(object_create_anew rocket
(sleep 4500)
(object_destroy pod)
)
)
)

chrisk123999
May 17th, 2010, 05:39 PM
We're going to try something else before we just simply drop the vehicle out of the sky.