PDA

View Full Version : Ifafudafi needs your opinion

Ifafudafi
May 26th, 2010, 10:29 PM
So I'm working on a campaign mod. I've been adding and tweaking things sporadically for quite a while, but after (finally) finishing all the plasma packs I took inventory and kicked off again. The goal isn't to have a massive CMT-style overhaul, but to add in a couple of weapons (particularly my plasma ones), rebalance others, and make the particle engine as damn pretty as I can get. I've already redone half of the old plasma packs with my newfound experience and have several things working. Rather than just translate H2/3/R, I'm trying to balance things how I would see fit. The AR, for instance, now has a 40-bullet clip and a 2x zoom with a considerable increase in accuracy but a decrease in RoF and such, making it a useful mid-short to mid-range weapon, while the pistol has kept its accuracy intact but has no zoom, an 8-round clip, and a decrease in power. An SMG will be added to take the place of the old AR. So on and so forth.

But really, I'm making this thread to ask you guys: If I were to actually finish this and release at least a10 through b40 by the end of the summer (these would be actual playable maps, not just tags), how many of you would actually give a shit? With the school year coming to a close I'll have plenty of free time and I'm itching to expand beyond plasma, but I also want to try and get UE3 under my belt. I'm really only interested in staying with Halo if people actually still care about this thing.

So yeah vote in the poll and thanks

Maniac
May 26th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I would love to play that.

EX12693
May 26th, 2010, 10:44 PM
As would I. I haven't seen many maps with your tags, and this would be a perfect chance to see them.

Timo
May 27th, 2010, 12:39 AM
100% yes

MissingSpartan7
May 27th, 2010, 04:31 AM
sounds cool, and considering what i've seen from you this should be pretty well awesome

Mythril
May 27th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Do it, love your work. It'll really be great.

n00b1n8R
May 27th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Make a10, release, get feedback, re-tweak a10 and move onto the next level. Rinse and repeat. (that's how CMT should have done it tbh).
I'll definitely play it.

Lateksi
May 27th, 2010, 06:56 AM
HELLZ YEAH BRAH!

sevlag
May 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM
do it :3

sleepy1212
May 27th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Even better if it was a custom campaign

Lateksi
May 27th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Even better if it was a custom campaign

That needs more work and time. But it would be cool if you can get a team working on something like that.

Pooky
May 27th, 2010, 11:34 AM
100% yes

sleepy1212
May 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM
That needs more work and time. But it would be cool if you can get a team working on something like that.

That's what i was thinking, aren't there a couple of campaign mods going right now? maybe you could get on one.

Higuy
May 27th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I don't think id play it, its just another campaign mod and we've had tons of them. Your tags are really good, but I don't think id want to replay half the campaign just to play with them.

Hotrod
May 27th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I would definitely play with this. I mean, I've really been looking forward to having a campaign mod to come out (since all the ones I've ever looked forward to have died, just like CMT), and I'm starting to get a little bored of my own stuff that I make. Go for it! :D