PDA

View Full Version : device_control tag

apease11
May 31st, 2010, 11:39 PM
Anyone have a tutorial on making a device control tag? I assume that this is what they used for the button-activated lift in one of the campaign levels? I would like to make the same thing, but do not know how to go about doing so. Thanks.

teh lag
June 1st, 2010, 08:38 AM
I don't think there are any tutorials really - I've made a few device controls, but I got more out of looking at existing tags and device setups than anything else. It's pretty much that for all the more "obscure" tag types.

TEMPTii
June 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM
I also need a tutorial on this. I looked in a30 where the torpedo energy bridge is activated but there was no device control...

laghing_rabt
June 7th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I'd like a device control tutorial too that would be cool, but no one has one yet?

OpsY
June 10th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Just looking at the existing tag and model will help you understand. Import nodes and such and you'll see there's a marker for ''press'' and one for ''light'' if you're talking about the Holo Control one. Rest is all setup so then again, looking at Holo Control will help you alot. Rest is basic Halo Mechanics where if you want scrolling textures and all, it's same as with any other tag,