PDA

View Full Version : Bad online experience? Post here

gamechaser002
October 16th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Yes this topic is being restarted on the new forum

If you saw this on the old forum, then by all means, re-post whatever stories you remember

I will start: there is a map for custom edition called coldsnap and one of the sigificantly good vehicles is a mech from Eureka 7 (anime); features tough armor (near impervious to small arms fire; only things that can take it down are: sniper rounds, missiles, nukes, railgun shots, and well-placed shots to rear pilot bay), and a really good gun that can kill in under 10 shots

anyways, there is a player who goes by the name of CJ (at the time, we were enemies), and we were playing CTF; i'm standing there guarding the flag with the mech, and he comes along and tries to kill me by shooting the head of the mech (not a place to target to kill), that annoys me, and i shoot back; at that time, he was out of range, so the shots were more like warning shots to turn back or die...he keeps coming, and comes within range, and i kill him

then he starts the complaining (the usual cheat ranting and how i hacked the game; truth: i'm just better, and so was the vehicle)

now he threatens to hack my network and cause **** to happen (empty threat considering security measures these days)

well, of course everybody is telling him to drop it

i leave, he never reared his ugly head again...

true story happened 9/5/06

Elite Killa
October 16th, 2006, 06:26 PM
1st one:

bad experience: Halo PC: On a death island game, there was this guy going by the name of HLC Hunter who kept on getting killed by me. He started swearing and threatening me that he was going to hack my system. so I left and i never saw him again.

2nd one:

sometimes people leave their computers without quitting their game and try to hide in "not easy to find" areas. man I could look at one person for an hour smacking him all day and when he comes back and notices that his health meter is all the way to red, I shoot him with an M90.

3rd one:

recently, I was playing H2 Coag and this guy kept using profanity! OMG it was annoying so I had to leave!

thehoodedsmack
October 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I'm with the (AoG) Snipers, we get called aimbotters EVERY time we play, and it's quite annoying.

Btd69
October 16th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Recently I was scanning the H2V forums and saw some ugly thread about bad experiences.

thehoodedsmack
October 16th, 2006, 08:30 PM
/\ Don't be hatin'. It's a perfectly legit thread.

Elite Killa
October 16th, 2006, 08:38 PM
It's a holy place where you can express yourself.

legionaire45
October 16th, 2006, 08:51 PM
playing on a server with what I guess were 6th graders who just learned their first cuss words. Apparently it was their first time using a keyboard too since they were standing in the same spot for about 50 seconds so they could type their noob messages. Hell of a suprise looking up from the keyoad and seeing a guy with a shotgun pointed directly at ones face eh?

rossmum
October 17th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Hey I'll tell you a bad online experience!

Start --> Programs --> Microsoft Games --> Halo/Halo Custom Edition --> Multiplayer --> Internet.

There we go. That just about wraps it up.

mech
October 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Everyone thought I was an aimbotter, I mean everyone did.

Jayden
October 17th, 2006, 09:47 PM
SPARTAN-023(Terrel): I horribly dislike halo 1's lighing engine. Then at halo 2's... it practically makes me horny.
Jayden: ...
^

rossmum
October 17th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Everyone thought I was an aimbotter, I mean everyone did.
TURN OFF UR HAX MECH

Another bad online experience - plugging your modem in. Face it kiddies, bad things happen on the interwebs. Suck it up and move on. ;)

Rescudo
October 18th, 2006, 10:57 AM
My worst online experience was Poon, pretty much. And I mean in-game, of course.

Jayden
October 18th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Most of this is nothing compared to how scarred a scarabteam beta session will leave you. [/inside joke]

Nic
October 19th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Um.

Theres this guy called SWAT. Thinks hes all good and stuff, but when i kill him hes like "WTF" and says hes going to kill me. Then he decides that he cant kill me when im his enemy, so he switches teams and starts tking me.

But another bad thing thats happening recently is all the HaloPC noobs. They think that if they were goodish in PC, that they will be the same in CE. Um. Wrong. The leading's different (i think) so they say "wtf i cant kill" then say "wtf" when we kill them.
So their resort is just whoring the FRG and rocket the whole damn time.

rossmum
October 19th, 2006, 01:11 AM
That's why you should all play Day of Defeat Source with me and Reaper until H2V is out. The DoD modding/mapping community wins, and the gaming community are usually rather pleasant and respectful. Nowhere near as many sore losers, and generally when one shows up they get their arse handed to them on a plate (game-wise and verbally) by most players on the server. Especially if I'm in there. :D

gamechaser002
October 19th, 2006, 05:28 AM
i had a better method: use halo ce for cmt's campaign, and my video project

yeah i'm making a machinima

right now though, it's only 20% with filming and audio

Rosco
October 19th, 2006, 02:20 PM
That's why you should all play Day of Defeat Source with me and Reaper until H2V is out. The DoD modding/mapping community wins, and the gaming community are usually rather pleasant and respectful. Nowhere near as many sore losers, and generally when one shows up they get their arse handed to them on a plate (game-wise and verbally) by most players on the server. Especially if I'm in there. :D

Don't we all like to walk into a server and then get killed by some guy boasting/joking about his skills on some killing game that has nothing to do with Halo/Halo 2 :p
I might try DoD once I can actually push myself to go buy it or atleast stop banning the faggots from Diesel's Third server.

(not saying I hate you in anyway, I just hate the fact I can't find any more sugar in my cupboard :( )

TheGhost
October 19th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Probably something like tubgirl or the like.

gamechaser002
October 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM
yah, like i said, i essentially went on an online Halo CE hiatus

TeeKup
October 19th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Most of this is nothing compared to how scarred a scarabteam beta session will leave you. [/inside joke]

Oh christ no!!!! :gonk:

mech
October 19th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Remember jons modding doods B) Goatse, tubgirl, and lemonpart pics where spammed on there :D

Jons modding tut section

I need a tutorial on removing jons dick from other mens asses. <--NEVER GUNNA FORGET WHO POSTED THAT

rossmum
October 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Remember jons modding doods B) Goatse, tubgirl, and lemonpart pics where spammed on there :D

Jons modding tut section

I need a tutorial on removing jons dick from other mens asses. <--NEVER GUNNA FORGET WHO POSTED THAT
OH SNAP

I never got fooled into seeing any of that shit. B)

Rescudo
October 20th, 2006, 09:53 AM
...I'm gonna see if they have DoD at my local game store...

K-MAS
October 20th, 2006, 06:55 PM
its such a good game but i have no time to 1) buy it and 2) play it

Rescudo
October 21st, 2006, 03:48 AM
<--NEVER GUNNA FORGET WHO POSTED THAT

Who was that? :XD:

gamechaser002
October 29th, 2006, 05:43 PM
the one thing that pisses everyone off (except for me, cuz i know better than fall for such a dirty trick) is when people say "hit alt-f4 for a godly warthog to spawn," then they actually hit alt-f4, not thinking about the fact that that particular command closes Halo...not spawn a warthog, or open the console, or kill off everyone on the map (although it guarantees that you don't have to worry about them)

Boo Diddly
October 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
1 word:

Nessy

rossmum
November 5th, 2006, 05:05 AM
No 'nets access for 2 weeks thanks to crappy ISP emplacing all manners of lame barriers to try stop us from switching to an ISP that doesn't rip us off.

gamechaser002
November 12th, 2006, 01:20 PM
wow...now that's crappy

Mr Buckshot
November 13th, 2006, 04:31 AM
my bad online experience:

when I was playing Halo, I had to get up to piss, and in my haste I forgot to pause, and so I got killed 8 times standing still, and I was the laughing-stock of the entire server. But suddenly, I came back from the bathroom and started my ownage again (not exactly ownage, but still respectable scoring). Then everyone thought I was h4xing.

also this Radeon X200 integrated ruins my Halo experience both online and offline. My dad will return my 7600 GT on my bday though :)

Nic
November 14th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Radeon x200?

Better than my crappy, yet reliable Radeon 9200. The fan is SOOO silent, i also dont know if it works =\

But still i get a okayish fps in most maps on low.

gamechaser002
December 30th, 2006, 10:48 AM
y'know you can't pause an online game, right?

just try and hide somewhere...even though they ALWAYS find you...

anyways, that isn't bad if you are really good

Stealth
December 30th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Ya, and I really hate it when I'm on the phone and I tell every one that I'll be right back, and I'm siting at my computer and I see some one kill me, I hate it, and I really Hate Aimbotters, so much that I want to kill who ever it was to leak that danm hack to the public.

ExAm
December 30th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Okay, so I was playing a game of Halo Mac on Death Island, and this guy joins the server, ( I don't remember his name, but let's just call him
[TAG]randomdude), so this guy does really badly, and the people on the server kid him about it, and he leaves. We didn't do anything serious, but then someone else came on, (let's call him [TAG]randomdude2. Their names were that similar. Just a few letters' difference), and says, "Are you kids harassing my boy?" and goes on and tells us off for it for a while, then says, "I'm reporting you all to your ISPs for online harassment. Got that? You kids will never game again!". He left and nothing happened. Go figure.

rossmum
December 30th, 2006, 08:53 PM
What an idiot. GG.

Stealth
December 30th, 2006, 09:26 PM
lol, ya GG to that.

rossmum
December 30th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I have another experience to add!

Lag so bad I couldn't hit Penguin from 2 feet away with a noob tube! >_>

Pooky
December 31st, 2006, 01:33 PM
Why, exactly, were you firing a Rocket Launcher from 2 feet away? Dummy =P

FrozenBlade
December 31st, 2006, 02:25 PM
The only bad experience I have ever had on-line really is when I joined a clan server and kept killing the clan members that created it, there were 5 in all... and me with just a... pistol, eventually they got really mad and ended up spamming their own server until the text went scrambled, I just left and never went back, I do not want to name and shame the clan, but they really shouldn't have made one if the players in it can't even kill me once ( I admit I am pretty much Uber on-line but 5 against 1... they should have at least killed me once. ) by the way all I will tell you about the clan name is its signature which was {RlS}

rossmum
December 31st, 2006, 05:32 PM
Why, exactly, were you firing a Rocket Launcher from 2 feet away? Dummy =P
We both had the flag and literally crashed into each other >_>

Pooky
December 31st, 2006, 11:06 PM
Don't EVER go into a server with only nubs from the same clan. That pretty much guarantees a bad online experience.

Pooky
January 1st, 2007, 02:29 AM
Double Post LOL
The CMT server was a hell of a bad experience today, once all the smart people left and the clan idiots with god complexes set in. There was [MFD] Ducky, who betrayed me until he got banned, another MFD guy, [HIV] Cheef and some random guy in 3 clans I don't remember. They kept telling me to get out and talking about how much I sucked, I didn't say anything until [HIV] Cheef called me an aimbotter and said he saw me snap because I assasinated him with an SMG. Then they all started going on about how I was snapping and I was such an aimbotter and they were going to upload the video and get me bant. I figured if the 10 year olds wanted me to leave that bad I may as well humor them because it wasn't worth playing anymore anyway. If your self esteem is so low you can't die in any way without crying aimbot, WHY do you play ANY online games?

rossmum
January 1st, 2007, 04:32 AM
You know, those guys often joke about that sort of thing at the expense of others... lighten up and let them have their fun, why should it affect you?

...Or you could just do it the Ross way, and give them a verbal schooling :D

Pooky
January 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM
If you were there, they weren't joking. Trust me. I had 8 kills and 1 capture to everyone elses 1 or 2 and no caps. They were insecure and rather pissed.

mined
January 1st, 2007, 03:40 PM
I had a bad online experience once...

I attempted to hold a skinning contest and ended up with only one submission that was done at the last minute.

Oh well. Thanks anyways for trying Stormwing. It was more than anyone else was willing to do.

Pooky
January 1st, 2007, 03:42 PM
I saw his submission and with a little more work I don't think it would look bad at all...