PDA

View Full Version : H2V My theory

Kantanomo
June 2nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Okay while i was at the movies watching iron man 2, i had a thought if the campaign maps have resource files and everything for there maps. That is when i thought maybe we can put them into custom maps to have that sort of stuff like internalized. so i went and made a scenario_vehicle_resource file and played with it then went into the .scenario file of the map i was gonna try it on the i ran into this....

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1512/shitrm.jpg

As you can see its locked to add a resource :maddowns:. maybe this is the key to making custom vehicles and such.

Resinball
June 2nd, 2010, 08:49 PM
Are you running H2EK Unlocked and are you running it in Expert mode?

Shock120
June 3rd, 2010, 02:12 AM
god damn Iron Man, how dare he make you think about H2V. xD
Kant, even if you do fill them out, the values you enter will most likely be wrong, I'd refer to a sp map...o wait, you can't. ='(

supersniper
June 3rd, 2010, 03:23 AM
guys it takes time to unlock this shit :/
i'm currently trying to figure out why gravemind doesn't load the shared.map

Shock120
June 3rd, 2010, 04:23 AM
guys it takes time to unlock this shit :/
i'm currently trying to figure out why gravemind doesn't load the shared.map
grimdoomer did it on purpose, he doesn't want anyone to mod h2v.why not ask him what he left out?
even if shared.map is modded, we still are going to be blocked by some sort of check in the exe.
oh wait, didn't some1 discover bypass map checksum? :raise:

jcap
June 3rd, 2010, 07:03 AM
Uh...don't you still need a Tool capable of compiling animations, nodes for vehicle driving physics, and other shit? And I'm sure there's only one person who has that...

supersniper
June 3rd, 2010, 03:49 PM
yeah kiwi found a bypass to the checksum :o i forgot about that!

and km00... he likes to take as long as possible before making stuff public :(

Kantanomo
June 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
dude isnt making animations just going like take this node and move this codrinate cause thats all collision models are it asks u to map the vertices then faces then lines not hard time consuming

Resinball
June 3rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah, thats why no-ones done it. ;)

I asked Korn about his H2V project, he said it was on hold because his Windows machine is down.

Kornman00
June 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
and km00... he likes to take as long as possible before making stuff public :(

I asked Korn about his H2V project, he said it was on hold because his Windows machine is down.
. Waiting on my new computer's parts to snail mail their way here

supersniper
June 3rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
ugh stupid us mail system... gravemind's source is a mess on 64bit operating systems...

Kantanomo
June 3rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
srsly people are to lazy to add things in manually oh man what has this world come to

Kornman00
June 3rd, 2010, 10:50 PM
ugh stupid us mail system... gravemind's source is a mess on 64bit operating systems...
At least I'm not having to wait for it to float across an ocean anymore

Also, it's probably a "mess" since he probably compiled the .NET exe for "Any CPU". You may be able to use an EXE editor (http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php) to force it to target only 32-bit CPUs. If it's running as "Any CPU" then it is probably defaulting to what the OS is running as (64 in this case). However, once it gets to a WindowsAPI function, (ie, CreateFile (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmsdn.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Flibrary%2Faa363858%28VS.85%29.aspx&ei=s3YITJbbM4K88gbJtK3AAQ&usg=AFQjCNEJzsZyEhEHAxpbhIH3XRJdcisrXA)) via .NET Interop, it will cause problems (read: exceptions more than likely) since it's a 64-bit process trying to execute 32-bit code.

Note: It could also be one of the DLLs (if there are any) that his Gravemind app uses too (calling the WinAPI directly). You'd also want to edit them to be 32-bit only too.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I changed OpenSauceIDE from "Any CPU" to Win32 before I released...but then again, I can't think of any cases where it would ever be calling any WinAPI functions directly either.
[/rant]

Grimdoomer
June 6th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Animation packing and unpacking codecs are not hard to find. But you won't find both in any executable I don't think... Since I've been saying I would put these into a lib and release them for over a year, I think today is a good day to do that :)

Kantanomo
June 6th, 2010, 10:18 AM
okay mr. smarty pants :P