PDA

View Full Version : No Sound In Singleplayer

ThePlague
June 9th, 2010, 06:11 PM
For some reason i've got no sound in sp, but it works fine in mp. And it works in the loading screens between levels. All of the volumes are set to max too.

Resinball
June 9th, 2010, 08:25 PM
H2V is weird with sound (IMO). My external sound card, which has no issues with any other software, will often die when Halo is loading Coag.

ThePlague
June 9th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Can it be fixed? Or am I doomed without sound?

supersniper
June 9th, 2010, 10:50 PM
uh isn't the sound stored in the single_player_shared.map. and if so maybe yours corrupted somehow?

ThePlague
June 10th, 2010, 12:47 AM
It might be, but after reading this topic and seeing resinball's post, I tried playing Midship and that didn't have sound either :\

supersniper
June 10th, 2010, 12:48 AM
hmm well that's strange. did you check your sound card drivers? and if so what is your sound card?

ThePlague
June 10th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Realtek High Definition Audio is my sound card (at least that's what it says), and i'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date (just did a Windows Update). I'll try again in a second and see if it's still not working.

supersniper
June 10th, 2010, 01:03 AM
hmm mines IDT High Definition Audio and it works fine... you went to device manager?

ThePlague
June 10th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Just went to Device Manager, and it says the drivers are up to date. I also tried running singleplayer again, and it still has no sound.

Could it be a problem with Windows 7 or something?

supersniper
June 10th, 2010, 01:11 AM
oh hmm maybe cuz I run vista and it works fine. (halo 2 does have some problems with windows 7 but there are walk-a-rounds for that. Have you tried calling up games for windows live support?

ThePlague
June 10th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Last time I called them was to get my cd key uses reset, and that never happened because they told me the wrong things. I went through 3 people and they all didn't help. That's why I posted here instead :\

Shock120
June 10th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Try changing sound settings.
or maybe reverb sound isn't supported?

ThePlague
June 10th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Sound settings in what?

E81XvaMn12X1P829
February 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Sound settings in what? yeah, i was thinking the same thing, only volume settings ingame
i will give it a try by just fooling around with my soundcard UI, if i get the sound working alright i will post here how/what/where/why

E81XvaMn12X1P829
February 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Hi, it's me....... ehr i'm back (the central scrutinizer) i switched off all "effects" like DPS (not to be confused with damage per second tho ;P) and equalizer and some option that adds "depth" for inst: cave (more echo reverb etc), alley, hangar.. that kinda stuff (i'm dutch and so is the UI with this soundcard so i dont know the exact name for that option) just switch off all extra sound options and ur sound should be just fine