PDA

View Full Version : Sapienzz

Kantanomo
June 14th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hey you guys know that gamer conference bungie had and they had that super duper menu?

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/gdc2005_mnoguchi/slides/33.jpg

well i founded it

kN5wF388Kdw

Resinball
June 15th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Its come up when your 360 controller is plugged in and you press Back and Start together, this is not new info. I mostly use it for hiding errors.

Kantanomo
June 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM
orly O.o

Resinball
June 15th, 2010, 07:30 PM
When I drop a biped or weapon/vehicle (through this menu) it doesn't appear to stay after reloading the file. So are you saying they stay if you use a placeholder with the same name or what are you saying exactly?

Kantanomo
June 15th, 2010, 07:44 PM
they made it so that those type of things dont save so im still messing with it

try adding a pallet for them in guerilla

this is also usefull for looking at your collision models if you go to objects in the menu and turn debug on

Resinball
June 15th, 2010, 08:36 PM
O, that is a good tip (about the collision models).

Kornman00
June 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM
You can look at the debug menu's settings (should be an XML file in your install dir) and see what script functions it executes for whichever menu item you select. For object placing it doesn't touch the scenario's definition, it uses a development-only script function called "drop" (or something along those lines) to spawn and place an object near the observer.

That being said, you should also be able to define your own debug menu items with your own custom script code just by editing the debug menu XML file.

Kantanomo
June 15th, 2010, 09:50 PM
how come the Show_hud true command dont work?

Grimdoomer
June 17th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Wow I never knew that... I would love to look at the disassebly for some of those scripts functions when I get a chance.

CodeBrain
June 17th, 2010, 01:51 PM
This is old.

Literally, as old as when the game was released.

Here, let me get the thread...

Edit: Okay got it: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?4277-Well-looks-like-we-ve-been-missing-out

Welp

Double Edit: You can also press the Page Up key and the Middle Mouse button at the same time to activate the debug menu.

While I am on the subject of the Debug Menu, nothing is really usuable, aside from MP vehicles and MP weapons. Masterchief and the Elite can be spawned, but thats all the bipeds you can spawn. Cheats don't work, nothing you add by the debug menu stays when you close sapien (even if you save it) attempting to load a scenario you don't have (a la Campaign) causes H2Sapien to crash...

There are many other things, but either they don't work or are useless within H2Sapien

supersniper
June 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
its basically ms's way of failing to lock it even more...

Resinball
June 17th, 2010, 06:08 PM
True, but the collision viewer and node viewer are useful for making new weapons and equipment. Too bad I'm the only one that gets use out of em.