PDA

View Full Version : CMT Ripz. And ETC...

Inferno
June 16th, 2010, 06:11 PM
They're doing another beta of MPv3. Being as I developed the "Private" Beta Server script I thought I should just post this here.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=32281

I'll probably be playing this later. Even if I suck at CE now. :downs:

Limited
June 16th, 2010, 07:09 PM
You mean the script that stores the password in memory in plain text?

That snow map is amazing by the way, I wasnt massive fan of Vestigial

ShadowSpartan
June 16th, 2010, 07:19 PM
You mean the script that stores the password in memory in plain text?
No, this time it's different, but I won't go into details. It's still not hard to bypass at all.

http://shadow.modacity.net/misc/cmt_sup.png

Limited
June 16th, 2010, 07:21 PM
See, your pc is fine to play Halo, yet you play my game and complain it breaks it :P

Whats different about this build, over the SPv2 build?
0xBs0JZ5124

Inferno
June 16th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Welp.

No one at halomaps knows how to pull the script from Guerilla. So it was pretty successful in that regard.

Limited
June 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Well thats all fine and dandy but considering that wasnt how it was bypassed, your still up shit creek without a paddle.

Inferno
June 16th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Welp.

Hex?

supersniper
June 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM
eh i would help beta test but i'm way to busy i'll just wait for the full releases.
any time limit or is it the same as usual?

Kornman00
June 17th, 2010, 08:35 AM
If it was 5 years ago I would have probably did some R&D work on an OS component for "secure" map beta testing. I miss the 5-years-ago-CE days. Heh, rec0 & co. were still around then ;_;

whelp

sevlag
June 17th, 2010, 08:46 AM
the maps were ok, just on that one map people seemed more obsessed with the boarding vehicles

ODX
June 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Vestigial, which was quite fun with a large amount of players. Hurling wraith mortars across the map was great and flying through them with a banshee was even cooler.

Seriously though, someone fucking convince Duce the water is not pretty.

Inferno
June 17th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Also vestigal should be renamed to "Scorpian Tank Hell".

Oh and diid anyone else notice that it only took like 1 or 2 clips of carbine ammo to kill any vehicle.

Rook
June 17th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hey next time you host one of those beta nights and someone gets me to reinstall ce to play--actually play instead of jacking off around the tanks! thanks!

DarkHalo003
June 17th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Also vestigal should be renamed to "Scorpian Tank Hell".

Oh and diid anyone else notice that it only took like 1 or 2 clips of carbine ammo to kill any vehicle.
Yeah, I told them to change it to an AA-Wraith or something a long time ago, but I'm assuming they didn't take my hint. With the exception of Reach and Halo3 (only when you had the tank), the Scorpion pretty much ruins Halo Multiplayer for me. I think if they change it to an AA-Wraith, there will be balance in the air and on the ground (AA-Wraith and Mortar Wraith).

Cortexian
June 17th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I downloaded these, booted up CE, joined the test server, then remembered why I don't play this game anymore... Everything looked so insanely bland.

sevlag
June 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Hey next time you host one of those beta nights and someone gets me to reinstall ce to play--actually play instead of jacking off around the tanks! thanks!
was fun on ruins though and mousetrap

jcap
June 17th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I downloaded these, booted up CE, joined the test server, then remembered why I don't play this game anymore... Everything looked so insanely bland.
So you only play games for the way they look?

Because all good looking games have good gameplay, like Crysis, right?

SnaFuBAR
June 17th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Well it's not like the gameplay is radically different. It's visually bland and the gameplay looks uninspired.

Cortexian
June 19th, 2010, 05:51 PM
So you only play games for the way they look?

Because all good looking games have good gameplay, like Crysis, right?
No, but these maps were nothing spectacular from what I can tell, just more of the same stuff we've seen for years now... Crysis has decent gameplay so long as you're playing on a good server.

Lateksi
June 20th, 2010, 05:23 AM
They all look good for CE maps, except Vestigal has some not so good looking lightning. Not to mention the water.

nuttyyayap
June 20th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Am i the only one who thinks the water in Vestigal looks good?

Lateksi
June 20th, 2010, 06:59 AM
It's... cartoony.

Inferno
June 20th, 2010, 12:48 PM
It's... cartoony.

If by "cartoony" you mean "terrible" then I agree.

Pull the water shader from b30. KTHXBAI.

Lateksi
June 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I kinda avoid talking too harshly about maps since I can barely make one myself.

Inferno
June 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM
It's not that he made the water shader and it looks bad. It's that he used the Beaver Creek water shader and it looks bad.

Limited
June 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Might not look as bad if it was UV'd more.

sevlag
June 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM
just the water looked too metallic

played great though

Corvette19
June 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Vestigial should only have Wraiths; no Scorpions.

ThePlague
June 23rd, 2010, 07:44 PM
^this. And definitely fix the collision on shit. Or at least make the BR less powerful.