PDA

View Full Version : ALP so busy backstabbing anger of voters goes unnoticed: Gillard challenges Rudd

rossmum
June 23rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
For those who live under a rock and/or overseas, confidence in Kevin Rudd's leadership has been waning for a while. Recently, though, there have been rumblings within the Labor Party and they've finally come to a head. The ALP is currently divided between former deputy PM Julia Gillard and Kevin Rudd, with Rudd's former brosef treasurer Wayne Swan walking into Parliament with Gillard and sporting a huge smug grin. Right now they're voting, and it's seeming almost a given that Gillard will win, thanks in no small part to the backing of the factions within the ALP and the unions which most ALP members came from. Rudd tried to keep union politics out of government issues but there's a fair chance Gillard won't.

Meanwhile, pretty much everyone else in Australia is fucking fuming. Non-ALP voters are worried that Gillard will be even worse than Rudd, and ALP voters are mad as shit that he's been backstabbed like this. Everyone is infuriated by the fact that while not everyone voted for Rudd, nobody voted for Gillard.

To give you an idea of how fast this is moving, I've been typing for maybe five minutes and we're hearing tentative reports that Rudd has just stood down. Interesting.

I can now say with near 100% certainty that Labor will absolutely not win the next election. This will be very, very interesting.

rossmum
June 23rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
UPDATE: Gillard unopposed, Swan now deputy PM. Rudd done with their shit.

rossmum
June 23rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Gillard about to speak. This should be interesting.

rossmum
June 23rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
Rudd just about cried at a few points in his speech there, Gillard's going to speak soon

monologues are the best logues

CN3089
June 23rd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Woooot

Julia http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-swoon.gif

CN3089
June 23rd, 2010, 09:23 PM
"Welp, Australians are racist and I want to get re-elected so FUCK brown people"

Julia :maddowns:

Bodzilla
June 23rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
shiiiiiieeettt

i dont know wether to woop or weep :/

Bodzilla
June 23rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: rudd
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: wholllllyyy shiiiiittteeee
[CHAOS PYROS] brosef: (PMILF joke)
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: wut
[CHAOS PYROS] brosef: Julia :swoon:
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: FUCK SAKE
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: we have some fucking looneys in this country i swear to fucking good
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: all these people going on about how now we have a female in power things will be done right
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: "see men cant deal with money, the recession shows that, now we have a women everything be k"
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: :shootself:
[CHAOS PYROS] brosef: lol
[CHAOS PYROS] brosef: well, at least she's somewhat left wing
[CHAOS PYROS] brosef: :)
[CHAOS PYROS] brosef: (joke about shitty uk/canadian female pms)
[CHAOS PYROS] brosef: fuckin thatcher
[CHAOS PYROS] brosef: lol campell
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: lol thatcher
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: now theres a winner right there!
[Muppets]Commodore: Bodzilla: SEND IN THE TROOPS

rossmum
June 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
let's go stomp some argies

CN3089
June 23rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
free the malvinas

Dwood
June 23rd, 2010, 11:33 PM
And I thought the typical American mindset was messed up.

CN3089
June 24th, 2010, 12:02 AM
And I thought the typical American mindset was messed up.

And you were right!

rossmum
June 24th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Okay so you've managed to mollify the miners for now, but what the fuck are you going to do about MY INTERNET after your little "protecting the rights of all Australians" gem? :allears: