PDA

View Full Version : some questions

Kojam
June 24th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I want to make a machinima but I have a few questions

How can I make a characters mouth move when I want?

I downloaded a green-screen map, and I was wondering if theres a way to edit it so that the player is trapped in an invisible box, so when he runs he runs in place.

Lateksi
June 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
IDK about mouths but on the green screen map get to a corner of the map and just run against the corner - the character runs still.

Siliconmaster
June 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I'm a little rusty at this part, but we rigged a bunch of character bipeds for Dust to Dust so that if you hit control, instead of crouching they would open their mouths. It's totally goofy looking, but it works. As for how to do it that's where my memory is a little fuzzy. There's either an animation switcher that Korn made, or you can do it right in Guerilla. I think if you open the animations file for the biped you want, you can find the crouch animation and switch it for the talk animation.

Kojam
June 30th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I'm a little rusty at this part, but we rigged a bunch of character bipeds for Dust to Dust so that if you hit control, instead of crouching they would open their mouths. It's totally goofy looking, but it works. As for how to do it that's where my memory is a little fuzzy. There's either an animation switcher that Korn made, or you can do it right in Guerilla. I think if you open the animations file for the biped you want, you can find the crouch animation and switch it for the talk animation.

thanks for the reply, I tried this but i cant make it work, i switch the melee animation with "stand talk" and now when i press melee he doesnt melee but he doesnt talk. not sure if im doing it right, im using geurilla and i opened the model animation file and modified the settings there.

Con
June 30th, 2010, 03:07 PM
You can also use the console command "unit_suspended (unit (list_get (players) 0)) 1" to freeze the player so you don't go anywhere when you walk.

edit: Be careful with this command. You can safely use 0 because there is always at least one person in the server, but putting "1" after (players) can crash your game if there's nobody else there. Putting 0 at the end unfreezes.

Dwood
June 30th, 2010, 03:45 PM
How do they do it where you can still walk but no projectiles go?

Con
June 30th, 2010, 04:08 PM
That's time freeze. Paulus' (sp?) old dev trainer had that. I'm not sure if there's a newer one or not.

Kojam
July 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM
You can also use the console command "unit_suspended (unit (list_get (players) 0)) 1" to freeze the player so you don't go anywhere when you walk.

edit: Be careful with this command. You can safely use 0 because there is always at least one person in the server, but putting "1" after (players) can crash your game if there's nobody else there. Putting 0 at the end unfreezes.

thanks thats exactly what i wanted. I really appreciate it

does anyone have any ideas though on how to make the mouth move? there are mouth moving animations in the game because you can see the bipeds doing it in-game, but no amount of animation switching in guerilla can seem to get it to work properly. the closest i can come is to switch an animation with the "stand talk" animation, and that works to some degree,the mouth moves when i want BUT the bipeds arms go out to the side like hes being frisked or something.