PDA

View Full Version : Errors not align and/or gone.

crimsonshadow117
July 12th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Recently I've been trying to get halo 2 campaign maps into halo ce namely High Charity and Delta Halo.
To start with when I import the wrl of High Charity into 3ds max the errors are alittle off from where I think there supposed to be. At first I thought I might have moved the map by accident, but after re-exporting it as jms and running it through tool I still have the same outcome of the errors not being aligned with the map.
I'm also having problems with the Halo 2 campaign Delta Halo when I import the wrl I don't get any errors(can't update edge) except for a couple of degenerated triangles.
I think it might be tool can't handle all the polies halo 2 campaign maps have but I'm not sure.

Thank you for any help. :)

ThePlague
July 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Uhh, what? I can't understand at all what you're trying to say.

crimsonshadow117
July 12th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty much saying that the .wrl I get from tool, that I import into max, has errors in the wrong places or doesn't even have the errors at all.

Vicky
July 12th, 2010, 07:02 PM
He totally makes sense, no idea what would cause it though. 3DS' units/scaling perhaps? ... just throwing something..

Higuy
July 12th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hi.

Stop using 3ds max 9 and above for Halo: Combat Evolved.

Use max 8 and the blitzkrieg exporter. That should fix your problem with the errors not showing up or being in the right spot.

Dwood
July 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM
At minimum, get out of Max 10-11. Those are the worst Max versions to use.

Inferno
July 12th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Protip: I've tried to get Halo 2 SP maps in to Halo 1. It's a massive pain and most of the maps are too high poly to actually import properly. I remember specifically getting errors from the map being over 100k triangles.

crimsonshadow117
July 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I guess I'll have to go to 3ds max 8(didn't like 2011).
Thanks for the help. :D

Lightning
July 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Uncheck the first two checkboxes when importing the WRL.