PDA

View Full Version : Whiplash Promoted to Moderator and Some Words from Your Admin

TheGhost
September 4th, 2006, 04:50 AM
That's right.

School's starting up for me so I decided to add a moderator. Whiplash has impressed me and is showing great activity. And because of school my time will be severely limited compared to what's it been.

I would like to just state openly that this is kind of an awkward "establishment" phase between now and when Halo 2 Vista is released. I welcome the posting of HaloCE and other stuff on this site, but it's obvious that this content is being posted moreso in places where the HaloCE modder has posted his content before.

What we're trying to accomplish right now is to establish the website and forums and a member base so that 4 months from now, when Halo 2 Vista is released, we can hit the ground running.

But "Four months from now?" you might say. "That seems awfully far away." It's a lot closer than you think. Between now and then I guarantee you we will be basking in pre-release information, updates, and hype.

I stress that this is a Halo forum set up by a fellow Halo modder and fanatic. I know you and your needs; I'm one of you. I'm going to do this right.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 4th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Oshi-. Thanks Ghost. It's real nice waking up, getting on the computer and finding out your name went green on a forum. ;p

jcap
September 4th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Congrats Whiplash! Glad to have you aboard!

Four months really isn't anything, as you said. The last four months just flew by, and these final four months probably will, too, especially with the holiday season around the bend.

What we need is rich and popular news content on this website. As of now, the news forum is open to public submissions, but they require administrator/moderator approval before they are made viewable on the front page.

~A.
September 4th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Good luck whip :)

Teroh
September 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Congrats Whiplash! You better be good.:D

PlasbianX
September 4th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I would have been active, but i was stuck with no internet in New York for the whole damn weekend.

Gratz to whiplash though. Cant wait to see ya crack under the pressure ;D

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 4th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I would have been active, but i was stuck with no internet in New York for the whole damn weekend.

Gratz to whiplash though. Cant wait to see ya crack under the pressure ;DI've been a mod before. It isn't THAT bad. ;p

Timo
September 4th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Woo! Congrats dood

Teroh
September 4th, 2006, 03:10 PM
I've been a mod before. It isn't THAT bad. ;p
Some places it isn't as bad as others. Moderator at Halomods.... oh my god. That would be hell.
Here we're more mature, so it SHOULD be easier.

PlasbianX
September 4th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I've been a mod before. It isn't THAT bad. ;p

And ive been a mod for a populated lineage 2 server ;D. So ive been a mod aswell.

And it only gets bad when the noobs start comming.....

legionaire45
September 4th, 2006, 03:16 PM
good luck whiplash! can I be your servent....

Teroh
September 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
It was hell on the Jedi Academy server that I admin'ed. Think of it as Halomods with 6 mature people, and 4 other admins.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM
good luck whiplash! can I be your servent....Sorry, I don't need a servent.

PlasbianX
September 4th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Yea, cause im already his servent ;D

slips whiplash a $50 under the table....

Visable
September 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Congrats on the Mod Job :)

TheGhost
September 4th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I sense a corrupt bargain!

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Yea, cause im already his servent ;D

slips whiplash a $50 under the table....Thanks for the 50$. I still don't need a servent.;)

PlasbianX
September 4th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks for thE 50$. I still don't need a servent.;)

but... i gave you a $50...... I even corrected your post. Make me your minimod :P.

:(

Pkmnrulz240
September 4th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Some places it isn't as bad as others. Moderator at Halomods.... oh my god. That would be hell.
Here we're more mature, so it SHOULD be easier.
You know nothing. Heaven > Hell > Halomods

PlasbianX
September 4th, 2006, 08:23 PM
/me waits to become a minimod to whiplash >_>

rossmum
September 5th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Hey Whip, do you need a servant? ^_^

Mr. BBQ
September 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
I may actually become a larger part of this community that I had originally anticipated, once I get vista I'll probably get H2V, and I might try some modeling (probably more for fun than anything) Good luck Ghost.

PenGuin1362
September 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM
psh no ones a better moderator then the modless penguin i can't fly

itszutak
September 5th, 2006, 05:54 PM
We should have some sort of pre-H2vista group. >_>

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 5th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Whip, do you need a servant? ^_^Nah, I'm good.

PlasbianX
September 5th, 2006, 07:35 PM
/me wants modship.

But i guess the only way to get it is be nice and respect everyone ^_^.

... /me shoots whiplash, takes the modship, and runs.

TheGhost
September 5th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Yes... but if everyone is nice and respectful then we wouldn't need mods. :p

PlasbianX
September 5th, 2006, 09:07 PM
But someone always needs power, or then everything goes crazy.

Never said everyone had to be respectful and nice. I ment i would, and cross my fingers, and hope tobe a mod within the next 6 months or so ^_^

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 5th, 2006, 09:10 PM
But someone always needs power, or then everything goes crazy.

Never said everyone had to be respectful and nice. I ment i would, and cross my fingers, and hope tobe a mod within the next 6 months or so ^_^You need to NOT want it. And you'll get it. Just like me, I only asked how they (he) are/were/is going to assign moderators. I never said like "cna i b a mdrdtr plx". ;)

Sco
September 5th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Cool
Lets hear it for Whip! :p

PlasbianX
September 5th, 2006, 09:18 PM
You need to NOT want it. And you'll get it. Just like me, I only asked how they (he) are/were/is going to assign moderators. I never said like "cna i b a mdrdtr plx". ;)

*edits all posts asking not to be a mod*

And yea. Im just pulling ghost's leg. (does he have a leg that my hand doesnt pass through? O_o?) Ill just be Whiplash's unoffical minimod XD

Mr. BBQ
September 5th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Hmm, how many people are you guys planning on recruiting, or even be here at all?

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Well, we discuss things. But I dare not say more. ;x

Zeph
September 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Have fun. It's really overrated, but you allready know that. The only perks are you get to ensure a forum you're making a home of stays as nice as it can be. Other than that, I simply enjoy little jokes here and there.

rossmum
September 5th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I call shotgun as Official Recorder of Banned Noobs With MS Paint.

Damn, too long for a user title. *shortens*

Zeph
September 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM
BTW, who is Inner Goat? I see that he/she is green too.

jcap
September 6th, 2006, 03:53 PM
BTW, who is Inner Goat? I see that he/she is green too.
Dr @ Home

TheGhost
September 6th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah he forced me to make him mod and give him server space. He's got some blackmail on me (but not really).

Mr. BBQ
September 6th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Err, I know we're just starting out and such, but our mod to non-mod ratio is sky high. Not that it really matters though...

PlasbianX
September 6th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Not really. I see 3 mods online, and 4 non mods online.

mined
September 6th, 2006, 07:19 PM

Agreed, I've been on alot the last few days due to boredom at work. IMO There has yet to be an incredible amount of traffic to require a significant change in the Mod count. So far it seems that we all are good behaving citizens that are making The Ghost's, Jcap's, and Whiplash's job easy.

:cool:

PlasbianX
September 6th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Dont forget Inner Goat ;D

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 6th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Don't forget to rep me. ;D

PlasbianX
September 6th, 2006, 08:05 PM
If ya rep me back MB :P

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 6th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Can't. I need more rep first.

Mr. BBQ
September 6th, 2006, 08:31 PM

Most of the forums I've been on, there's usually one or 2 mods on, if any at all, whilst at least 10 (can be a few hundred) non-mods. Or maybe its just me...:o

Zeph
September 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Also remember that Ghost and Jcap have other sites to tend to in conjunction with this one.

MereCatfish
September 26th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I like this place :)

I also want it to be known that I wouldn't mind having sex with this hawt style.

Nic
September 28th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Id rather not be a Mod, its just alot more work.

Its all for the rank thats why most people want it.

Being a mod makes them higher and more powerful than someone else, and if thats what makes them happy alrighty then. But Whip seems like a good moderator to me.

Congrats on the promotion :leet:

Stealth
September 28th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Id rather not be a Mod, its just alot more work.

Its all for the rank thats why most people want it.

Being a mod makes them higher and more powerful than someone else, and if thats what makes them happy alrighty then. But Whip seems like a good moderator to me.

Congrats on the promotion :leet:
At the the TSL Forums I'm a Mod in Training and I'm still trying my Hardest to get use to all of the new things that has shown up on my screen, I'm trying not to click on any of them, just because this is something that was given to me, not because I asked for it, just because I have the highest posts, and I give the most Feed back on the Forum's looks, and I'm there most of the time, Plus I try to help any one who asks for my help. and I don't know Whip that much, but I think He will do good, and I think he is doing a great job so far, Keep it up Whip.

Nic
September 28th, 2006, 12:51 AM
If you want to know how to use things, what kind of board are they using?

If you can get some demo board and just experiment with that, its really helpful.

You got to experiment to learn, well that how I learn.

Stealth
September 28th, 2006, 12:58 AM
next time I have a Hour or two, I'll PM the Two main Admins and Ask them if they could show me, or tell me what each things dose, I know what the modify (AKA Edit) is, but there is just somethings that isn't something that you see at any other forums, here is a link to the forums,
http://www.thisspartanlife.com/forums/
it is a very nice place to go, every one is some what nice, and you can look around and see what goes on there, and see who is who, and some other things, I remember when there was only about.... what 5 or 10 members, the 3 Admins, me and a few others, and now it is geting big.

Zeph
September 28th, 2006, 01:23 AM
The forum tools are very intuitive and easy to learn. A lot of times, if you want to do something, just click on or around it a few times and you'll get that option. I found a great many things by doing that on the CMT forums.