PDA

View Full Version : multiple bsp's

The_Peace_Keeper
July 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hey, i am recently new to h2v and am trying to figure out how to add more then one bsp to a map when ever i try it, it will give me some weird error.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3647/errori.png

i have tried everything i could think of i even did a fresh restart but it just dosnt want to seem to except it.

Inferno
July 25th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Isn't multiple BSP's disabled in both the editing kit and MP maps?

The_Peace_Keeper
July 25th, 2010, 09:28 PM
it was but it is unlocked in the h2ek unlocked

The_Peace_Keeper
July 28th, 2010, 04:39 PM
so can no one help me i really need help with this for i want to make a bsp/sky changing device.

Resinball
July 28th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but I've never heard of anyone doing multi BSPs in H2V.

Inferno
July 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure multiple BSP's would be disabled in MP maps. It might work in SP but not in MP.

CodeBrain
July 29th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure multiple BSP's would be disabled in MP maps. It might work in SP but not in MP.

Everyone thought scripting was disabled and not possible, and now look. Halo 2 Vista modders can now script in their maps.

The_Peace_Keeper
July 29th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Everyone thought scripting was disabled and not possible, and now look. Halo 2 Vista modders can now script in their maps.

Yep i already have a collection of scripts, problem is some don't sync with other players.

The_Peace_Keeper
July 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM
i guess shock was right there isnt much help here...

leorimolo
July 30th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I did it a lonnnnng time ago in h2x, it works. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=488548252426549176&hl=en#

The_Peace_Keeper
July 30th, 2010, 05:08 PM
could you post how you did that or pm me it?

neodos
July 30th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Basicaly he recompiled a map, there's no even need of script to do that. you need 2 trigger volumes and the scnr reflexive to link the two sbsp and the trigger volumes to determine where the switch of bsp occures when you get into one of the trigger volumes.

The script in campaing is only there to teleport coop players who would not be on the sbsp switching zone while another player passes through that zone and triggers the sbsp switch, that's all, and that teleportation script doesn't work on syslink on xbox at least, needs to be tested on h2v i guess.

The_Peace_Keeper
July 30th, 2010, 07:49 PM
okay ill try that later

Inferno
August 2nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
Modding in multiple BSP's and compiling in multiple BSP's are 2 different animals.

Also I want kill myself every time I hear that got damn song. :gonk:

Con
August 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
You'll probably have to pull off the same syncing shenanigans with your scripts as we do with HCE.

Resinball
August 2nd, 2010, 05:33 PM
I've been trying to port the first section of Outskirts (from the Peli crash to Hotel Zanzibar) but it has too many polys to compile the whole thing properly. For now I have to split it in ~half before it will compile. So if you figure this out lemme know.

In H2x, was there ever a way to convert SP maps to MP maps by injecting spawn points and netgame equipment? I'll guess I'll take a Google.