PDA

View Full Version : How to make custom animations?

Kojam
August 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
I figured out how to open the marine 3d model in 3ds max, and I want to make an animation of him talking, I just want the mouth to move. I figured out how to make the mouth move by selecting the polygons of the lip and adjusting the z axis. So what is the next step to making the moving mouth an actual animation I can do in the game?

Inferno
August 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
Halo has built in lip syncing. You just have to compile a sound with mouth data and then use the play_sound_impulse on a biped or ai actor.

Higuy
August 2nd, 2010, 11:43 PM
If he's an object or AI, you can do ai_conversation and add lines into the scenario. Then just tell the script when to play it on that encounter/object.

BTW, does anyone know if you can control the volume of the voice in AI Conversations?

Inferno
August 2nd, 2010, 11:47 PM
Set the gain to 2.

Kojam
August 5th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Halo has built in lip syncing. You just have to compile a sound with mouth data and then use the play_sound_impulse on a biped or ai actor.

Can you elaborate a little more though, how do I compile a sound with mouth data.

CrAsHOvErRide
August 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
n1 inferno

Higuy
August 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
You don't compile a sound with mouth data.

Dialouge sounds need 22hz, 16bit, mono as there settings. Render that, import it like any other sound file. Set the type to "Script_dialouge_ player", set up all the other settings as regular, recompile. Then do the AI_conversation, and you'll be good to go.