PDA

View Full Version : Another question about vehicle physics

L0d3x
August 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Well after alot of messing around with vehicle physics I finally got a decent custom physics set for my vehicle (the script that exports the physcis model from 3DS Max doesn't take the radius of the spheres into account, so I had to manually set each etc).

But now my "problem" is the following:

When I shoot the vehicle with a rocket, or if I grenade it, it goes flying off in the sky, similar to the Ghost. What I want is to set it so it behaves more like the Wraith when hit by explosives, aka not go flying off that easily.

How would I go about doing this? Investigating the collision geometry and physics didn't really make me see any differences between the Ghost and the Wraith.

CtrlAltDestroy
August 8th, 2010, 01:04 PM
In the physics tag, theres a field for mass (third field down). Change that.

L0d3x
August 8th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I've played around with the mass, and recompiled the physics with those. But when testing it it didn't make a difference for explosives, it however did affect how vehicles collided with each other.
Eg. the vehicle became almost unmovable by bashing it with another vehicle, but alas explosions still launched it at about the same heights.

Edit: problem solved, the solution was to change the acceleration scale at the top of the .vehicle tag!