PDA

View Full Version : Controller Magnetism for CE

L0d3x
August 11th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Would it be possible to adjust a tag or something to allow the weapon's reticle to stay near an enemy once it's marked in red?
Basically I play with a controller now, and would like a sense of auto-aim back :downs:

sleepy1212
August 11th, 2010, 07:47 AM
HAX!

Vicky
August 11th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Just play with K&M, beats controllers anyway :P

L0d3x
August 11th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Well the reason I play with controller is because I hook up my laptop to my tv. Plus gaming with a laptop = hot balls :'(

Lateksi
August 11th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I say it's cheating even though controllers would always be at disadvantage but it'd be cool if you could add stick deadzones and walking speed into Halo CE/PC. Then playing with a controller would be fun.

Higuy
August 11th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Well the original Halo's controller had auto-aim.

CrAsHOvErRide
August 11th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I added the shitty music on purpose!! So old...:-3

DGjeZSTODQA

Inferno
August 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I added the shitty music on purpose!! So old...:-3

At least it's not breaking benjamin.

Also, yes there is a way to add auto-aim back in but it requiers you to either edit the map with HMT or guerilla.
Assuming you are playing SP and not using it to cheat online.

leorimolo
August 11th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Hmm anyone know, if it would be a map mod, or would it require actually modding the exe. I mean id make more sense to just increase the autoaim a little on the exe than in every single map you ever want to play on.

CrAsHOvErRide
August 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM
auto aim is inside the tägs...i guess it would require a mem hack to increase the auto aim in every tag when loading the map when playing online

L0d3x
August 12th, 2010, 03:54 AM
I tried increasing the magnetism angle inside some .weapon tags, but I did not in fact notice a significant difference, just the red area became red a bit earlier, but it didn't make the cursos "snap on" to the enemy like on xbox...

Rook
August 12th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Probably could get someone to make a trainer for it if they wanted to waste some time, I wouldn't see it as a disadvantage to anyone else anyway.

Lateksi
August 12th, 2010, 04:46 AM
I tried increasing the magnetism angle inside some .weapon tags, but I did not in fact notice a significant difference, just the red area became red a bit earlier, but it didn't make the cursos "snap on" to the enemy like on xbox...

Well that's bullet magnetism. As long as your reticule is red it makes your shots go toward the enemy even if you don't precisely aim at him/her. In Halo it's already pretty heavy compared to other PC shooters.

L0d3x
August 12th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Ah I see, so there's no "easy" way to make the reticle stick on an enemy then?
And I realise it's pretty heavy for a PC shooter, but it's still pretty low if you want to play it with a controller.

I'm getting used to it though...I guess this might improve my Halo 3 skillzzzz
:happyups:

EDIT: I found some field in the globals.globals tag that allow to set player magnetism. I however once again noticed no difference in the way it played. You'd almost think that they took out the code to use said magnetism?

CrAsHOvErRide
August 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I guess the only would be to modify an AimBot then...otherwise ask CAD about this.

Pooky
August 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'd say just learn to play without magnetism. For a while there I actually played HPC with a shitty PC controller and no autoaim, and did pretty well. It's not really that hard, as Lateksi said the magnetism is already pretty high compared to other PC games.