PDA

View Full Version : H2 Sapien Problem?

KyleBoyer
August 15th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Hey guys I have been trying to make a Halo 2 Vista map for the first time and I have 3ds max 7. I made my max file exported as the Bungie ASS(.ass) file. But when I convert it to scenario and try to open it in H2 Sapien then it loads for a sec, but then it says my file is corrupt and it will close now. Please help me!!! I have the folders set up correctly and everything. Please help.

Here is a link to my max file: http://www.mediafire.com/?dz7cmh69141z8op

Please help me out.

Resinball
August 15th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Compile the .ass file without light. Then compile it with the lowest light option. Then compile it once more without light.

Now open the new .scenario in Sapien. If it fails to open then post back.

Vicky
August 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Might as well make this, or one of the other 20 threads about this same issue, a sticky perhaps...

KyleBoyer
August 15th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Compile the .ass file without light. Then compile it with the lowest light option. Then compile it once more without light.

Now open the new .scenario in Sapien. If it fails to open then post back.

Still no success.

arbiter901
August 16th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Did you setup your shaders properly?
I would get this on my first map when i didn't know how to setup shaders correctly

KyleBoyer
August 16th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Umm, i dunno what you mean by shaders... If its the textures I used the ones that came with Halo 2 Map Editting Kit.

Vicky
August 16th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Try converting polys (your skybox) to editable meshes..

Resinball
August 16th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Okay if you do not know what a Shader is then first you need to help yourself and read the manual: http://www.monstrmoose.com/MMrepository/tutorials.html

KyleBoyer
August 16th, 2010, 08:04 PM
K, umm I still have no clue how to set my shaders and if I did I wouldnt even know it. Ill try the edittable meshies thing and post back afterwards.

KyleBoyer
August 16th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Still has the same error.

Vicky
August 16th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Tried a search already here for 'sapien corrupt file' ? Lots of ppl had this same issue, sometimes it was the lighting sometimes something else..

KyleBoyer
August 18th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Ive looked through a bunch of other threads like mine but I dont know what I am doing wrong. please help me? Is it something wrong with my max file? My Exporting? The Compiling/Lighting tool? The Sapien?

Vicky
August 22nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Apart from the poly perhaps your max file is fine, maybe you should give more details.. where do you export to, does exporting go well with max7, step by step details.