PDA

View Full Version : Modifying Weapon Groups

flyingmonkey3
August 24th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know how to modify weapon groups? By weapon groups I mean the options like Rifles and Pistols that you can choose in gametypes. Specifically, I would like to add weapons to weapon groups. For example, if I choose Shotguns in a gametype, normally players would only have the shotgun, but I would like them to have another weapon as well. There was a reference to weapon groups in the Halo Editing Reference (http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/hek_tutorial/references/general/weps_ammo_items.html), but I couldn't find the tags that were mentioned in my tags folder.

sleepy1212
August 25th, 2010, 07:26 AM
just curious, why edit the gametype weapons? as opposed to in the scenario or in sapien, where at least you can edit the weapon set by gametype though i'm not so sure about doing it by weapon groups.

also *cough*airstrike*cough*

flyingmonkey3
August 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM
just curious, why edit the gametype weapons? as opposed to in the scenario or in sapien, where at least you can edit the weapon set by gametype though i'm not so sure about doing it by weapon groups.

also *cough*airstrike*cough*

That's really what I'm going for. I'm thinking there's a way to specify which weapons are used in a weapon set in the map itself. I've been able to switch weapons in such sets by reference swapping in the globals tag, but I have yet to find a way to actually add another weapon to a set. From what you say I'm guessing this is something you do in Sapien and not in Guerrilla. Thanks for the help, I'll check it out.

Donut
August 25th, 2010, 08:27 PM
it MIGHT be hard programmed in. some things are just like that in CE. i remember zteam being able to set up SOME weapons in their zsanctuaryh2 map, but there were some weapons that didnt spawn correctly. they added custom weapons though iirc, so it SHOULD be possible