PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] A remake of sorts of Powehouse

D0ubl3_HeLiX
August 27th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hello all,

I have remade Powerhouse for Halo CE!

This is only my second map for Halo, and it's my first that i've released, so please be gentle. It's the first time i've done anything other than model and texture the map. I made a DMR (which isn't the greatest, sorry), a Reach-inspired HUD, and some scenery for the map. I seemed to have messed up the mask on the zoom of the DMR and I couldn't really figure out how to fix it without completely re-tagging the weapon. I really just wanted to get this out there, because if I didn't I'm not sure it would have ever gotten out. Anyways, I know the DMR kind of sucks, but I think the overall map is pretty good.

I have set up spawns for CTF, Oddball, and King of The Hill. I hope they all work well.

Anyways you can download it here:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5470

Thanks everyone, and if you play it, it would be awesome if you could let me know what you think of it!

P.S.

Just so nobody is unclear...the only custom weapon is the DMR. If anybody has tags for any other Reach weapons and wanted them in I think that would be cool. Also, there aren't armor abilities or anything...so sorry if you got your hopes up...

Pics (click to enlarge)

Darqeness
August 27th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Looks pretty good from what I can see in the screenshots. Could use more (and larger) screenshots though.

Con
August 27th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Indeed, some more shots would be nice. From what I can see, however, it's a good recreation. +rep, also welcome to the site.

Rentafence
August 27th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Looks pretty decent for a second map, and welcome. We could use more people like you showing up out of nowhere with new maps. +rep

staticchanger
August 27th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Very nice, I'm adding it to the rotation for my game tonight. (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22250-4v4-slayer-CTF-on-CE-tonight-9-central-RSVP) +rep

ThePlague
August 27th, 2010, 07:45 PM
It's decent, but here's a few things I found to be annoying:
-The roofs in some places are two low.
They need to be at least 2 spartans tall, because right now you can hit the roof in places (such as the bottom area where the grenade launcher should be).
-It's really bland.
There is little to no scenery inside the buildings, so it makes the map more open (which imo isn't a good idea)
-The DMR.
That weapon isn't good at all. I know you were trying to go for a Reach DMR, but that completely ruins it. You should've just used a BR or something.
-Textures.
Some of the textures were really badly unwrapped. I know it's your second map, but you could've spent more time on unwrapping them.
They also seem really bland, you should try using some shiny bump maps or something next time.

I was playing by myself, so I can't say anything about the game-play, but that's what I got so far from it. It's decent, but could certainly be better with a bit more effort.

Donut
August 27th, 2010, 07:57 PM
if you fixed the things plauge mentioned this would look like an authentic original CE map. idk what it is, but the way that map looks in CE vs Reach makes me like it alot. that map works well with CE's graphics and textures. i like what im seeing here.

Rentafence
August 27th, 2010, 08:07 PM
The shaders though, everything looks way too flat. Swap out bitmaps in shaders with something that has relatively the same look/properties to the new texture to at least get it looking somewhat less flat.

sevlag
September 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
the weapon placement was off when i ran through it the shotgun spawns down by red side behind the wall

also its very bland..kudos on the DMR model though

Amit
September 2nd, 2010, 12:12 AM
I like the overall design. Could use some texture and shader work (especially on the DMR), but it is a good start.