PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Delay (If there even is one)

DsurioN
May 5th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I don't know, its hard to say for sure whether the game is be delayed or not. On Hired Gun's blog, the sentence "as the release of our game draws nearer and nearer" doesn't sound to me like they're talking about the 4 days that are left... And why would so many stores report there was a delay if Microsoft didn't tell them about it in the first place? It's odd that they sent a letter to a medium-sized gaming site and didn't make a public announcement, but maybe they just don't want to attract too much attention to themselves because they're embarassed about the delay.

The other theory I had, and this one seems the most plausible, is that all the pre-order copies have been ordered in some stores and the shipping date that they now display is simply when the next batch will ship. Just my 2 cents... ;-)

Masterz1337
May 5th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I'm happy it's delayed. More time to finish up projects for CE.

{MMT} Pope
May 5th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I guess i can wait...more Gears of War with H Guru

Agamemnon
May 5th, 2007, 07:59 AM
It is possible their blogs are all written a week or two late. Did you ever think of that one?

Snowy
May 5th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Even though I don't have Vista, or a PC capable of running H2V, I am still kinda mad about the delay. I was really looking forward to get game, even if I couldn't play it. (I know, it sounds a bit weird).

Kornman00
May 5th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Even though I don't have Vista, or a PC capable of running H2V, I am still kinda mad about the delay. I was really looking forward to get game, even if I couldn't play it. (I know, it sounds a bit weird).
I bought Stubbs for PC even though they made that thing have SHITTY support for all but a few PCs. The mac version on the other hand I can run...

If I didn't have a vista machine I would have still bought on the premise that I could get the editing kit working on Win2K or XP.

mined
May 5th, 2007, 11:20 AM
When I went into my local Gamestop to put my money down for H2V, I asked the guy helping me at the counter if I was gauranteed a copy the day it was released. He kind of looked at me in a puzzled manner, and replied with a "yes, definitely." Puzzled myself over his reaction, I asked if there was not a great demand for the game release. He said that he had not seen ANY demand for it except for one or two people including me. He thought that there wasn't going to be such a great demand since most people have not switched to Vista yet.

This made a lot of sense to me. What if Microsoft is simply not seeing the pre-release build-up that it expects for H2V much less for the demand of the Vista OS. Most of us know that in marketing and sales, timing is everything. Perhaps Microsoft is simply holding back the release to ensure a note-worthy release. After all, within this (rather small) community, we are all head over heals about getting our hands on H2V, but judging by the reaction of the Gamestop clerk, there really aren't that many people that are excited about H2V, and the Vista OS could be at fault.

DsurioN
May 5th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Hmm interesting...

Here in Canada on the futureshop website the price has been changed from $59.99 to $39.99 but the release date remains the same... the 8th. If they took the time to update the price before the release but didn't update the release date, then I think there are high chances it is still going through on the 8th.

Kornman00
May 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Wait, what about Windows Live? Has anyone checked to see if its the reason its being held back, because MS fucked it up...?

Zeph
May 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM
The Live Service beta tests were quite some time ago. They've had plenty of time to iron things out. If it is because of that, I'd be surprised.

Mined, there might not be a huge demand for it as say 2142 was, but there will be enough to have the game kick off to a good start.

TPE
May 5th, 2007, 02:18 PM
When I went into my local Gamestop to put my money down for H2V, I asked the guy helping me at the counter if I was gauranteed a copy the day it was released. He kind of looked at me in a puzzled manner, and replied with a "yes, definitely." Puzzled myself over his reaction, I asked if there was not a great demand for the game release. He said that he had not seen ANY demand for it except for one or two people including me. He thought that there wasn't going to be such a great demand since most people have not switched to Vista yet.

This made a lot of sense to me. What if Microsoft is simply not seeing the pre-release build-up that it expects for H2V much less for the demand of the Vista OS. Most of us know that in marketing and sales, timing is everything. Perhaps Microsoft is simply holding back the release to ensure a note-worthy release. After all, within this (rather small) community, we are all head over heals about getting our hands on H2V, but judging by the reaction of the Gamestop clerk, there really aren't that many people that are excited about H2V, and the Vista OS could be at fault.well soon enough almost everybody will be running vista. H2V will be slow at first but i have my bets on it will get to 10,000 players a day in 1 1/2 years

i think the majority of people were impulse buying halo PC, like they saw it in walmart and didnt have an Xbox. this could be the same for halo 2 vista.

but we will loose people who have a 360 once halo 3 comes out.

Kornman00
May 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM
but we will loose people who have a 360 once halo 3 comes out.
I hate it when people say this, they said that about Halo2 back in HaloPC days, and it hardly made people quit playing the game -_-

TPE
May 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I hate it when people say this, they said that about Halo2 back in HaloPC days, and it hardly made people quit playing the game -_-
thats only if the 6 year olds that come from Xbox to H2V then back

seriously there better not be a fag problem in H2V like H2X

Agamemnon
May 5th, 2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=111821

So May 22nd it is.

Con
May 5th, 2007, 03:59 PM
The flier for Future Shop here says May 10th. Now if that damned Vista would arrive in the mail...

mined
May 5th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Mined, there might not be a huge demand for it as say 2142 was, but there will be enough to have the game kick off to a good start.

Yeah, you're probably right. It is probably just as simple as what the Gamepro article made it out to be. MS ran into some last minute issues that would only push the date back a couple of weeks, so they did.

Kornman00
May 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Or gamepro could be full of shit, trying to act like they're in the know.

Tbh, MS is probably trying to limit the amount of leaks of the game so they're making the actual game get to retailers the night before. Remember how h2x was so quick to be leaked? EB was probably like "ooo shit, we haven't got our shit yet, it must be delayed! quick, to change the date y0!"

It wouldn't make sense to delay it because of some tech issues that can be resolved via an update on LIVE (an installer problem wouldn't have taken so long to find out and the reviewers would have noticed something)

Agamemnon
May 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Or gamepro could be full of shit, trying to act like they're in the know.

Tbh, MS is probably trying to limit the amount of leaks of the game so they're making the actual game get to retailers the night before. Remember how h2x was so quick to be leaked? EB was probably like "ooo shit, we haven't got our shit yet, it must be delayed! quick, to change the date y0!"

It wouldn't make sense to delay it because of some tech issues that can be resolved via an update on LIVE (an installer problem wouldn't have taken so long to find out and the reviewers would have noticed something)
Maybe that's what Gamepro was actually told? mb mb?

DsurioN
May 5th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Ya I think my opinion is made: I believe it's not delayed. That gamestop article hardly looks real, especially since the release date was listed as the 28th of february. Somebody could have also sent them a hoax email pretending to be microsoft...

jcap
May 5th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Maybe that's what Gamepro was actually told? mb mb?They weren't told that. It's complete bullshit.

There's too much inconsistency between everything that nothing is making sense with this delay rumor anymore. The article on the email GamePro supposedly received from Microsoft which no other bigger media outlet has gotten is complete bullshit when thought about. They state several things in there such as "making some updates to Halo 2 for Windows Vista that should improve the install experience and address other technical issues". This would have all been covered before the game went gold. It wouldn't just be popping up now. Also, why delay the release for something as simple as that if it can be done over Live! in a minute? They're acting as if it is such a fatal mistake that they are going to have to recall every single copy of the game that's been printed and go gold again. For the installation issue they are claiming they need to fix, they would have no choice but to recall every single copy. ALL of this would have been ironed out waaaaay before the game went gold.

There's only TWO days left until release and yet we still have no official word from Microsoft. It's now the weekend, Saturday is almost over, and if they say anything, it would be Monday, only hours before the game is supposed to hit store shelves.

EB/Gamestop was the first to change their date. People called in to confirm it with them. After them, some other websites began to change as well. For any other websites which have changed their date, it's probably just them jumping on the bandwagon. Apparently, the email that went out did not state a new release date, so that just shows proof that everyone is playing follow the leader.

Other speculation is that this is not an issue with the game, but an issue with the shipment quantity/dates. Some stores might be receiving them the night of May 7, some might be receiving it on May 8, some might not be getting them for a few more weeks. They, the stores, might want to play it safe and wait until all of the stores in the chains have the game in stock, then release when ready. Microsoft's release date will most likely remain as it is, allowing stores with it in stock to release. The power of the release date will be placed into the hands of the stores.

flibitijibibo
May 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah... Kornman's story makes sense. They did that for the MMP too. I remember being in EB at about noon and they had just gotten their box-o-deebeedees the day it was released. I totally forgot about that until just now.

EDIT- Posted right after jcap did. I agree with everything. This delay e-mail is totally bullshit.

Agamemnon
May 5th, 2007, 05:55 PM
So then what the hell. Bungie claims they have nothing to do with it, so it's useless asking them, and it's not like as if Hired Gun is any more helpful as well.

Kornman00
May 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
MS and in turn Bungie's way of PR has always been shit. If its not directly related to game development, it always seems to be fucked up in some way. Another example: the bungie store. The people that do their service are COMPLETE morons on how to handle the shit they send. I've since had two problems with them fucking up my shit I've bought from bungie.

EDIT: and it should still be noted that GFW dot com has removed the release date values from the games they list, however there is still a page (click the LIVE button) that lists the game being released on the 8th. Released. Exactly, hmmmm...

mined
May 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM
So its PR hax mb? I guess the only thing we can really count on is that we may or may not be playing H2V on the 8th mb mb??

Mr Buckshot
May 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
I don't care about the delay. I'm looking forward to free online multiplayer, but there are many good games to substitute (I want to buy Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl).

H2V is more of a "proof-of" product, and it just showcases the gaming features that Vista has to offer. It's not meant to be a killer app (Crysis takes that place), so there isn't much demand.

Heck, May 8 is the day of school elections, and my friend was planning to make his VP speech sound cool by mentioning H2V's release to the whole school (I wonder if he'll get elected for that - he's running for next year's position of VP), since no one has heard of H2V's existence yet.

Kornman00
May 5th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Many gamers at your school?

TPE
May 5th, 2007, 07:15 PM
well i think bungie is the ring leader. they should of noticed and told hired gun "wtf is going on and get your shit together"

i never trusted gamepro anyway. completly agree with kornman and jcap

Kornman00
May 5th, 2007, 09:14 PM
who ever said HG didn't have their shit together? Bungie's main focus right now is Halo3, aside from technical help, HG doesn't need Bungie hovering over them when there are bigger fish to fry.

Zeph
May 5th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I'm leaning more towards it being out tuesday. IGN still reports it as that.

Hurrvish
May 5th, 2007, 09:25 PM
just checked my best buy catalogue thing, and it says that halo 2 vista would be available in store tuesday at 2:00 am

if not, theyll need alot of last minute arrangements

Zeph
May 5th, 2007, 11:51 PM
http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29467&
and
http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29334&page=3&pp=20

LOL!!!!!
They 'have connections'!!!! LOLOLOL!!!!

LOLOL Their admins/moderators(whatever red is to them) think you can downgrade DX10 to DX9 in Vista! :LOL:

My question is how the hell does a site like that get a review copy?

someone
May 6th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Yet another shitty review: http://www.gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=828

Pros:
Fantastic integration of Games for Windows – LIVE system
Easiest multiplayer system of any PC title to date
Tray and Play is revolutionary and simple
Powerful editor included for free
VOIP system is as simple as it is on the 360
Achievements!
Dedicated servers already in place, as well as the ability to host your own
Keyboard/Mouse and 360 controller support
Low system requirementsCons:
Mixed bag of high resolution and low resolution textures with no DX10 support - from all the gameplay videos and screenshots that I've seen, I can tell this is definitely not true and they've already announced that the game won't have DX10 enchantments in graphics, but will support DX10 GFX cards before it went into development

Is activation as finicky as Windows Activation? Will I need to re-do it after changing hardware? - I think this isn't true either. I mean, why would they do something that, if it's only a game
Vista only means lower adoption rate - YAVH(Yet Another Vista Hater) I think...
Pay-to-Play multiplayer only - no LAN, no Local, No Internet - That's totally not true either: there is a free multiplayer(Silver account), LAN and local exist(proof in Hired Gun's latest two blogs), to play VIA GFW-LIVE means to play over the Internet, because it's an Internet service and obviously they haven't heard about the Gold/Silver subscription options
Full price for a 2.5 year old title - So what? The game has been ported form XBOX to PC, they've implanted the achievements into the game, they've developed the GFW-Live service, upgraded the graphics, made a map editor for it, made 2 new maps, made a dedicated server setup, made tray and play option,... So it's nothing special that the game costs about 50$/40 eurosall coments about the issues are in bold

jcap
May 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM
*sigh*

:bandwagon:

Syuusuke
May 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Oh geez...

beele
May 6th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Just al little something that nobody here has brougt to the attention.

On the halo 2 page on the games for windows website, there was a release date stating may 8, but since a day or three that date is black again:confused: . So could it be that there is a possibility that there's something wrong? I don't care that much because in europe the release date seems to have changed from may 18 to may 25 that's just a week. :) (Even here some shops still say may 18 while other shops say may 25)

halo 2 page on the games for windows site: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/Halo2forWindowsVista.aspx

Snowy
May 6th, 2007, 10:27 AM
sing with me!

nooooooooooobooooooooooody knoooows

Kornman00
May 6th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Just al little something that nobody here has brougt to the attention.

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=58379&postcount=23

beele
May 6th, 2007, 10:44 AM
oops I missed that one :o

DsurioN
May 6th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Wikipedia lists the release as the 22nd. On the Halo 2 page, on the right, it says the release of the Xbox version and a little lower for Windows vista :-(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_2

Hurrvish
May 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM
never EVER trust wikipedia

did i ever tell the tale of how my classmate got a 0 from wikipedia?

beele
May 6th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Indeed wikipedia is good but sometimes it's just not true what's written there. as for the release date, I think we all will know it soon enough.

MasterChief2829
May 6th, 2007, 12:29 PM
The delay is false. I got the Best Buy ad and it says Halo 2 for Windows Vista is available Tuesday at 2 PM.

Doesn't matter for me though since I don't got a computer that can handle it well. I'll be looking forward to seeing pics/videos of maps you guys come up with though :) Hopefully I can get a new computer soon, but we just got this one last year...

Syuusuke
May 6th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Maybe BestBuy hasn't been notified of the delay?

Kornman00
May 6th, 2007, 01:16 PM
or maybe gamestop was misinformed of the delay ;p

Snowy
May 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I think if Microsoft doesn't say anything about it today (which they haven't), the delay is false. I don't think they'd notify everybody of it tomorrow, that's just too close to release.

beele
May 6th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Lets hope that the delay is indeed false, and that in 2 days (it sunday here right now) the game comes out in the USA. I have to wait another week till may 18 till it's europes turn, but if it's out by then already I will be enjoying some good screenies and videos

kenney001
May 7th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Best-buy has it for may 9th. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8301811&st=halo+2+vista&type=product&id=1172881771432)

target has it may 8th (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1178541745/ref=sr_1_1/601-2697830-9730536?ie=UTF8&asin=B000NV8F58)

delayed on pc world (http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,131576-c,games/article.html)
[/URL][URL="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8301811&st=halo+2+vista&type=product&id=1172881771432"] (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1178541745/ref=sr_1_1/601-2697830-9730536?ie=UTF8&asin=B000NV8F58)

someone
May 7th, 2007, 08:05 AM
If only there was an official public announcement from Microsoft or Hired Gun :/

Kornman00
May 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
There is, its being released on the 8th. If only people wouldn't listen to one retailer's lies...

beele
May 7th, 2007, 11:10 AM
There is, its being released on the 8th. If only people wouldn't listen to one retailer's lies...

then where is that proof I don't see anything by ms/bungie/hired gun:confused:

someone
May 7th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Lets just wait for tomorrow and see what's going to happen:D

Sakievich
May 7th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I just called my local Bestbuy and they're saying there's a "full delay" and they have "no idea" when it's coming out.

How's that sound for a due date?

beele
May 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
just everything in a row:

Delayed or not? that's the question for us all.

Not delayed:

MS/Bungie/Hired gun didn't say anything about a delay.
Half of the shops are still saying may 8/9/10.
The french halo 2 GFW site still states may 8. http://global.gamesforwindows.com/fr-FR/games/Halo2/gamesDetail.aspx
Gamespot states that halo 2 is in stores now http://www.gamespot.com/pc/index.html?navclk=pc edit: ==>> they have changed it to coming soon
Hired guns new blog states "As the release of our game draws nearer and nearer, this week we chose..." no notice about any delay.Delayed:

Some shops say the release date has changed to may 22/23 or to a time that has to be defined yet.
Gamepro has posted "an official letter" about the delay http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=111821, but some seriously doubt if the story is true.
The halo 2 release date disappeared on the English GFW site http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/Halo2forWindowsVista.aspx, but the shadowrun release date has also disappeared (wich was june 1'st).I hope I didn't forgot anything on the list.

Who is right we will know tomorrow, I myself think the game will come out as planned, but there's still something in me that fears the worst thing. As for me, I won't be getting the game till at least may 18, the official release date for europe (or may 25 if it's delayed after all).

Syuusuke
May 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Does that fear have something to do with problems playing/installilng the game?

Knight
May 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
From checking my Best Buy order, I still have the same shipping date, 5/9/07 - 5/12/07

Maybe some stores wont get them as fast as others?

Bossniak
May 7th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Walmart just updated to May 22nd.

EDIT: May 8th again. :rolleyes:

Snowy
May 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Well, Microsoft hasn't made an official press-release, so nobody really knows for sure.

Roostervier
May 7th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Hmm, just today I decided to pre order from my local Game Stop. They still think its the 22nd or 23rd. I hope I get to laugh in the guys face when it comes in tomorrow or the 9th, lol.

DsurioN
May 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Wal-Mart changed back to the 22nd.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5775028

and the counter on the main page says 3 hours now... Hmm.. now who updated that and from what info?

Bossniak
May 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Wal-Mart changed back to the 22nd.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5775028

and the counter on the main page says 3 hours now... Hmm.. now who updated that and from what info?

Still says May 8th for me. We'll just have to see until tomorrow.

Roostervier
May 7th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Still says May 8th for me. We'll just have to see until tomorrow.
Says May 22nd for me. :( Oh well, not that long of a wait, more time to get SPv2 finished.

Kornman00
May 7th, 2007, 08:50 PM
then where is that proof I don't see anything by ms/bungie/hired gun:confused:
other than the fact they have been advertising its release for about 2-3 months now....

Haven't you people learned not to listen unless it comes out of the horse's mouth?

In that case, H2V has actually been canceled, they're making HG work on H3V now.[/sarcasm]

Knight
May 7th, 2007, 09:01 PM
The actual release date on Best Buys website says May 9th.... But it gets shipped the same day.... *Sigh* I hope its not delayed... Or ima get real pissed.... And I start turning green, and big when i get angry....

Lightning
May 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM
In that case, H2V has actually been canceled, they're making HG work on H4V now.[/sarcasm]

Fixed that for you.

MasterChief2829
May 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Halo3.com lists Halo2Vista to come out on it's original date and my Best Buy said to pick it up at 2PM. I wouldn't believe these rumors, but then again, maybe both of them are just late on info.

leorimolo
May 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM
h2vista.net changed the home page to may 8th that must mean something

Hurrvish
May 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM
>_> my bad <_<

m13120
May 7th, 2007, 10:11 PM
No, they had changed it to May 23rd, but now they changed it back.

gandalf27
May 7th, 2007, 10:33 PM
why does the front page say:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5200/t1qf3.png

leorimolo
May 7th, 2007, 10:35 PM
My guess is that they changed it due to the fact there is no offical word on the delay

Zeph
May 7th, 2007, 10:35 PM
why does the front page say:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5200/t1qf3.png

Because there has yet to be an official announcement saying otherwise.

m13120
May 7th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Gandalf have you not been reading last several pages >.>

rofl countdown is counting backwards

Kornman00
May 7th, 2007, 11:12 PM
rofl countdown is counting backwards
Notice the negative sign ;)?

m13120
May 7th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Lol will be released "eventually"

leorimolo
May 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
LOL
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/leorimolo/eventually.jpg

{MMT} Pope
May 7th, 2007, 11:38 PM
1 year later.......

(ES)Kenshin
May 8th, 2007, 12:40 AM
at IGN: http://pc.ign.com/objects/804/804393.html at the right u can see it says Halo 2 Vista 14 days something hours and something min... well it's just a thought any way peace.

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 05:28 AM
I just called my Local Canadian EBGAMES....22nd is now the release date.

%#$@%#@%!%$#^%@!$#^%$#!!$#%^$ (&#37;#$@%#@%!%$#^%@!$#^%$#!!$#%^$)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that felt good!!!! :D

beele
May 8th, 2007, 05:28 AM
anyone with more info already where may 8'th now. I've got my fingers crossed :rolleyes:

Amit
May 8th, 2007, 06:26 AM
I just called my Local Canadian EBGAMES....22nd is now the release date.

%#$@%#@%!%$#^%@!$#^%$#!!$#%^$!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that felt good!!!! :D

BRain jus,,, brok........cannnnnt worrcccc proopprrrllleee.

Good thing i did my essay last night

nylock10
May 8th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I hate Hired Gun so very, very much. Well, I shouldn't say that since they are the ones who allowed me to play Halo 2 on my PC machine.

Those a-holes should have just released a patch instead of delaying it. We still have a chance though, we'll know by 2PM that the game isn't out today (Best Buy ads said "Releasing May 8th at 2PM").

They should have a DEMO today (May 8th) to give us something to do.

Look what I found...

Scroll to the bottom, take a look:

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Live/Pages/AboutLive.aspx

Says "May 8th" under Halo 2.

beele
May 8th, 2007, 08:52 AM
It hink that is the game is not released today, they should al least give us some explenation.

TPE
May 8th, 2007, 08:54 AM
if ANYBODY gets it today, vids and pics or gtfo

klange
May 8th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Look, according to MS, yes, today is the day. However, GameStop and EB will not be releasing it until the 22nd / 23rd (depending on whether or not you pre-ordered)

Halo2Vista
May 8th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I REPEAT there is no delay

ihave already called about 15 different stores and non have heard of this so called "delay"

someone
May 8th, 2007, 09:34 AM

ihave already called about 15 different stores and non have heard of this so called "delay" Which stores did you call?

TPE
May 8th, 2007, 09:37 AM

ihave already called about 15 different stores and non have heard of this so called "delay"

Quit posting this crap all over. there is about 120 threads in bungie on the delay of people whining. so shutup and wait :mad: :mad: :mad:
ban hammer this guy, hes from b.net

IQ=-3

{MMT} Pope
May 8th, 2007, 09:40 AM
well good thing i reserved

Snaver
May 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
If it doesn't get released today, I hope the PR team responsible for over seeing Halo2Vista's release are fired. I want to see heads role for this, it's complete bullshit the way things have been handled.

InnerGoat
May 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM

Quit posting this crap all over. there is about 120 threads in bungie on the delay of people whining. so shutup and wait :mad: :mad: :mad:
http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/stuff/dr/emot/bigugh2.gif

MereCatfish
May 8th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Those a-holes should have just released a patch instead of delaying it.

If it is a serious bug with the installer, this needs to be done. Not everyone has internet access, believe it or not.

Zeph
May 8th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Zeph's local circuit city: delayed no release date. From the way the woman talked, I believe they have it in stock.
Zeph's local WalMart #1: "We have the origional Halo, but not Halo 2"
Zeph's local WalMart #2: "We have Halo 1 for the PC, but not Halo 2"
Zeph's local Best Buy - not calling because they list the date as the 9th.
Zeph's local Gamestop: "....from where they've taken the 'sku' off I cant see the dates for these sort of things anymore. Are you near a computer?" I answer no, to pull as much info as possible. "Well, most games are released on Wednesdays. You might get one released on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays, but not often. If it was supposed to ship today, then it should be out tomorrow."

Nothing around me. I might have some luck with the next town over, as there are soo many more places there that would carry the game, but I dont feel like calling them.

mined
May 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Mined'd local Walmart: H2V ad above computer software reads "street release date - May 10th" (read this last night around 8:30 PM CST)

As usual at our Walmart, there was no one around to ask electronics questions.

Kornman00
May 8th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Another failure bought (sic) to us by Microsoft.

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 11:22 AM

WRONG! :lol:

Zeph
May 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Just called another WalMart and they say they'll have it out on May 10.

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 11:31 AM
this is the most screwed up launch ever too date. I just called my local EBGAMES AGAIN.

Same answer....the 22nd. No later and definately NO SOONER. :(

Linch
May 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Now http://pc.ign.com has a halo 2 ad saying "in stores now"

EDIT: they've change it to "Coming to VISTA" ... what a big supprise :rolleyes:

nylock10
May 8th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Gamestop said "Its not out yet, it will be released on the 23rd. We're accepting pre-orders, though.".

MereCatfish
May 8th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Game are saying it will be out in the UK on the 25th.

Kornman00
May 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM
When does the rioting begin, I want to join before all the 12yrolds get off from school and ruin the rioting fun...

flibitijibibo
May 8th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Skipped my last class to check all these stores in person. GOD I'm pissed.

MD's stores:
Gamestop- Same thing as nylock10's store.
EBGames- *Immediately after I finish question* "May 22, sorry. You a guy from H2V.net?"

EDIT- Just got a call from EB. They said it's not even in their DB anymore. They say that usually happens when something gets shipped, so I should check tomorrow =D.

EDIT AGAIN- Stupid bitch who called me yesterday lied. It's still the 22nd here. FUCK.

Best Buy- "Yeah uh, I think we got a letter a couple-a days ago... yup, 'Halo 2 Release Delay'.*Shows it to me, from Best Buy Inc.* Last date we have is... May 9, but looking at this now we're not really sure."
Circuit City- "[Durr,] No clue"

*Insert 5 minutes of inane strings of foul language here.*

Lightning
May 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Just got my EGM today:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2096/imag0188gg0.th.jpg (http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imag0188gg0.jpg)

Text in lower corner:

"Halo 2 for the PC is here. Two all-new exclusive maps, 23 in total.
And a Map Editor to create even more. Only on Windows Vista"

"Is here"?

Kornman00
May 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
http://content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net/atoms/99/63/996306e2bb36c1e2cd123365d8583fb6.gif (http://halodev.org/h2v/)

click to download h2v

Sakievich
May 8th, 2007, 02:38 PM
lol - I sense some sort of sarcasm here...

Kornman00
May 8th, 2007, 02:46 PM
goddamn ur avatar scares the shit out of me...

Sakievich
May 8th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Walmart says they'll have it on the 10th, and we all know that walmart is the authority on all things games. Of course, I was redirected to the gardening department at first to get the answers to my questions. Kornmann, I don't know what to believe anymore. Walmart does have a fresh shipment of razorblades in...

It was picked precisely due to its fear factor, if we were to threaten OBL with this baby, he would come out of his cave and surrender. This is a vampire beaver baby who will suck your blood and then chew your head off and build a dam out of your limbs.

Lightning
May 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
My Walmart also said check tomorrow or Thursday...

Hmm.

Edit: Called Bestbuy, they said Thursday. wtf.

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
GGGGAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

*brain explodes *

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/6171/needlesis0.jpg

Choking Victim
May 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
this is ridiculous. No one is sure of its release date and since they haven't made an actual announcement people are breaking their backs to call every store around. The not so hardcore fans are just assuming its gonna be out the 22nd which (if it is not the actual release date) is making them lose many sales. looks like they've shot themselves in the foot with this one :lol: . ive looked on so many sites and they all say different things.
Bestbuy.com - 5/9/2007
Circuitcity.com - 5/8/2007
EBgames.com - 5/22/2007
Walmart.com - yesterday it had the release date at 5/8/2007 but it said it will ship on 5/22/2007.

WTF? all of you probably know this by now. just thought id express my anger also.

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 03:53 PM
darn! Well we waited for a few years....a couple weeks is not goig to matter much I guess.

klange
May 8th, 2007, 03:57 PM
They probably forgot to put in the blocker for non-Vista OS's.
D'oh!

--
Well, we've already been waiting, but I HAD TODAY ALL PLANNED OUT!

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Same here buddy.

It WOULD be funny if they forgot to include the XP Blocker....which we know will be hacked within a week anyways. LOL!!!

Neuro Guro
May 8th, 2007, 04:22 PM
It was picked precisely due to its fear factor, if we were to threaten OBL with this baby, he would come out of his cave and surrender. This is a vampire beaver baby who will suck your blood and then chew your head off and build a dam out of your limbs.

Well thats good. I was starting to think it was your kid or something..

Sakievich
May 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM
There is this (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10751415).

klange
May 8th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Am I supposed to believe that the case insert / sleeve isn't supposed fit in the actual case?

And is supposed to be cut crooked?

And is supposed to be printed on a non-glossy paper?

If anyone believes that... I don't know what I'll do...

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 05:25 PM
plus the fact that he has NOT posted and ingame screens of the editor or the game.

He is clearly a FRAUD.

TPE
May 8th, 2007, 05:28 PM
plus the fact that he has NOT posted and ingame screens of the editor or the game.

He is clearly a FRAUD.
and you were a mistake

i know btcc he is from a old clan i was in, he is not a fraud.

anyway i called walmart and they said "LOL WUT VISTER? I GOT H2X LOL."

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I should have worded that differently.

He PRINTED out a picture of the Halo 2 Vista thing...then put it in a dvd case.

Like I said in my previous post he has not posted any different shots. If he posts shots that have already been released then it will prove my point.

It is just a attention seeking scam. Plus it may be another user using your friends name. Think of that?

I only say this if I believe it.

TPE
May 8th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I should have worded that differently.

He PRINTED out a picture of the Halo 2 Vista thing...then put it in a dvd case.

Like I said in my previous post he has not posted any different shots. If he posts shots that have already been released then it will prove my point.

It is just a attention seeking scam. Plus it may be another user using your friends name. Think of that?

I only say this if I believe it.last time, i KNOW btcc, and i KNOW that he would not just go and make a post lieing about having H2V

he is way more mature than the average bungie retard

Digikid
May 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Fair enough.

DaneO'Roo
May 8th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Lawl, I rang my EB games and they don't even know what Windows Vista is.

But yeah, good one by M$. 2 years in waiting for the shittiest game release they could possibly have. No epic ZOMG 3, 2, 1 ITS HERE !!.

Now it's just.....uh, are we there yet "no" are we there yet" no are we there yet "YES ITS HERE oh wait, shit they lieds and it's coming out sometime whenever mb oki"

:/ nice one

leorimolo
May 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
100% effective way to see if its out
http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?gt=&g=222&z=&c=&x=53&y=6
these are the halo 2 PC leader boards if some one plays it we will know, also note some of the people who reviewed or betaed the game are in that list and havent played since april.

ImSpartacus
May 8th, 2007, 05:50 PM
theres a buddy of mine on the bungie forums that got his copy of h2v. he pre ordered it and got it from circuit city. he said they didnt even have enough copies to fill the preorders. lucky son of a bitch.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10751415

he said the internet play is not up yet so i personally bet thats why it was unofficially delayed.

EDIT-I am such a noob.

{MMT} Pope
May 8th, 2007, 05:52 PM
so if i had mine reserved at gamestop i can get it today? i don't care if i have to wait anyways ill just have to wait tell summer vacation may 23.

Sakievich
May 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
that link is already being discussed.

Zeph
May 8th, 2007, 05:54 PM
last time, i KNOW btcc, and i KNOW that he would not just go and make a post lieing about having H2V

he is way more mature than the average bungie retard

Yeah, and I wouldn't just go around faking it either.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/zeph483/mwahaha.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/zeph483/seelook.jpg
oh wait.....

Assuming I had picture paper, picture ink, and a bit of patience to properly upscale it, it would look just like the real thing.

leorimolo
May 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM
why does everyone choose that cinematic screen? C'mon give us some district action [sarcasm/]

klange
May 8th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah, and I wouldn't just go around faking it either.
oh wait.....

Assuming I had picture paper, picture ink, and a bit of patience to properly upscale it, it would look just like the real thing.

Nice, if I had one of those double-sized DVD cases I'd do one. I've printed case inserts on relatively the right size...
I also have some photopaper here...

ImSpartacus
May 8th, 2007, 06:01 PM
that link is already being discussed.

whoops. and i thought i had something new too...

{MMT} Pope
May 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
i know show the pics of some kool action

Bossniak
May 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo2/news.html?sid=6170286&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded%3Btitle%3B1&cpage=1#comments

Zeph
May 8th, 2007, 06:08 PM
We all know the install experience thing is a bunch of bullshit. Stop linking to references of it.

Agamemnon
May 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
That's a copy + paste of an article found on another site. Gamespot = :bandwagon:

Bossniak
May 8th, 2007, 06:11 PM
We all know the install experience thing is a bunch of bullshit. Stop linking to references of it.

No.

Syuusuke
May 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM

leorimolo
May 8th, 2007, 07:01 PM
What they have was informed to them by M$ the offical release date is the 22nd
http://pc.ign.com/articles/786/786440p1.html

Choking Victim
May 8th, 2007, 07:09 PM
That guy over on bungie.net posted a pic of the h2 vista disk. http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=disccn3.jpg tell me, do they have holographic xbox symbols on all pc games nowadays?

Zeph
May 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Dont forget the xbox holographic authenticity part and the crooked Vista icon. The disk is tilted slightly counterclockwise, the Vista icon is not.

jcap
May 8th, 2007, 07:20 PM
That is a fake. It probably would have been more believable had he removed THE NTSC LOGO FROM IT.

Sakievich
May 8th, 2007, 07:21 PM
You know, the speculation is almost as much fun as actually having the game.

klange
May 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM
That is a fake. It probably would have been more believable had he removed THE NTSC LOGO FROM IT.
>_> I mentioned it first.

jcap
May 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Christ, Bungie is making CMT look good with release dates...

(No, seriously. Just think back to how much the community complained last year about the CMT SP release when it was 2 1/2 hours late.)

klange
May 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM
http://76.189.178.118:1337/lolz.png
lolz

Teroh
May 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Gamestop: 5/22/07

Looks like I'll be getting mine during school lunch time if I can walk to Lakeshore (Gamestop) or Stonestown (EB).

Snaver
May 8th, 2007, 08:19 PM
+rep for your sig Zeph

flibitijibibo
May 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Like the fake CD. Might as well gone "zomg l00k i g0t ga3m!" and then

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7349/h2vzomgaq3.jpg

Syuusuke
May 8th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I called BestBuy near my area, they are currently ordering it, they didn't tell me when =( but at least they are ordering it.

you know, this whole "OMYGAWSH DELAY!" reminds me of Verizon...

bfett9
May 8th, 2007, 10:46 PM
I know this is gonna really make people mad:
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8971/t1yx0.png

Site:http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=12429&x=8&y=12

nylock10
May 8th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Thats when the game starts getting technical support stuff.

{MMT} Pope
May 8th, 2007, 11:02 PM
darn it im going to bestbuy tomorrow to check im sick of this bull crap

Digikid
May 9th, 2007, 05:29 AM
I'm finished in this thread now. ;)

Yes, it's a big fake. The reasoning for the thread was a joke on Xfire, which led to me actually trying to pull it off for the challenge and laughs.

It's nothing more than a prank to liven the boards up, and it worked.

I tried to pull the image down as soon as the mistakes were noted (I wasn't the only MAW goer in on this, but I won't name names, except Master Kim because he told me to =) ) but it had already been saved elsewhere and picked apart.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not in the US, and couldn't have possibly got the game from Circuit City to start. Heck, I'll get the game after you all will, but nothing I care about.

Nothing more than a thread designed for a bit of fun, and it was nice to see some getting the joke and carrying it on anyway. ;)

For those who can't smile at this, lighten up. It's a game, the thread was a game, a nice break for the torrent of "Will my PC run the game?" and "OMGS RELEASE DATE?!" I don't seek fame/attention or whatever, but fun is always good!

Oh, and to LightningXCE, because it was a low res video and Photoshopping the aspect ratio (making it fill the screen) only made it worse. Fake lens blur was used to try hide it. :)

It was interesting to see some things which were never Photoshopped torn apart though, such as the disc lettering on Halo 2, although the disc was a copy of Unreal Tournament before the Photoshop.

Anyways, it was all in good fun. ;)

I knew it...he IS a fraud....even though it was not hard to guess.

So TPE.....what say you now? :p

Zeph
May 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
He'll probably say he was at the private forums and in on it.

xExus
May 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe just one thing: disappointed lol

Zeph
May 9th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Rawr. I hate shift changes. The first guy at Gamestop I talked to was clueless about the game. He said if they got it in their shipments today, I could come in and get it. Just talked to another person, and he went on and on about it being out the 22nd. He said it was because of achievements, which is the most reasonable thing next to manufacturer problems.

someone
May 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Finally some more news about Games for Windows LIVE.
Microsoft today announced that Shadowrun will be released on 1st June in Europe. So that means that Halo 2 Vista with the launch of Games for Windows LIVE has to ship this month and I'm starting to believe that the rumor about the H2V release date on 22. May is actually true.:)

More Info: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76165

TPE
May 9th, 2007, 01:27 PM
yeah i totally didnt know he was lying

once i found out i was kinda pissed off because i was backing him up

oh well

Kornman00
May 9th, 2007, 02:21 PM
He said it was because of achievements, which is the most reasonable thing next to manufacturer problems.
While I disagree with this idea completely (still believe its GFWL issuses), that should clearly show MS that NO ONE CARES ABOUT SOME FUCKING "ACHIEVEMENTS" HOLY FFS, GIVE ME THE FUCKING GAME!
I didn't buy Halo1 based on some POS "achievement" award that is declared by some nuthead, I bought the game because it came with my xbox that was given to me and because I like to PLAY the GAME because it has fun STORY about CYBORGZ and NAKKID HOLOGRAMZ killing funny little RATZ oneTWO!!three! geez <:mad:>

Zeph
May 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I said it's the most reasonable, but it is indeed unreasonable. All the people who have tested H2V have had no problems playing a multiplayer game or getting the achievements. Looks like WalMart is our only hope.

Love De Lux
May 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Finally some more news about Games for Windows LIVE.
Microsoft today announced that Shadowrun will be released on 1st June in Europe. So that means that Halo 2 Vista with the launch of Games for Windows LIVE has to ship this month and I'm starting to believe that the rumor about the H2V release date on 22. May is actually true.:)

More Info: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76165

Frenchz site say : 18 may 2007 (http://www4.fnac.com/Shelf/article.aspx?PRID=1974792&OrderInSession=1&Mn=2&Mu=-13&SID=9529f338-952c-c018-4533-373f0e88fff8&TTL=100520072130&Origin=FnacAff&Ra=-4&To=0&Nu=1&UID=00990311b-6038-e40e-3ab8-dcf16e483dd4&Fr=0)

So yeah, it's probably true.

DsurioN
May 9th, 2007, 02:50 PM
While I disagree with this idea completely (still believe its GFWL issuses), that should clearly show MS that NO ONE CARES ABOUT SOME FUCKING "ACHIEVEMENTS" HOLY FFS, GIVE ME THE FUCKING GAME!
I didn't buy Halo1 based on some POS "achievement" award that is declared by some nuthead, I bought the game because it came with my xbox that was given to me and because I like to PLAY the GAME because it has fun STORY about CYBORGZ and NAKKID HOLOGRAMZ killing funny little RATZ oneTWO!!three! geez <:mad:>

Actually, achievements are entirely relevant to games for windows live because they are uploaded to your profile so other people can view them live (pun not intented)

Sakievich
May 9th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I care about other people seeing my arbitrarily selected and organized "achievements"?

I really just want to kill my opponents and steal and break their stuff, that's all. Maybe smack them around with a human skull if I get bored.

someone
May 9th, 2007, 03:23 PM
The Games for Windows site has just got updated and the rumored release date has become official. The release date for H2V is 22. May.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/Halo2forWindowsVista.aspx

Kornman00
May 9th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Actually, achievements are entirely relevant to games for windows live because they are uploaded to your profile so other people can view them live (pun not intented)
I never said they weren't "relevant" in that post. But I will in this one. Achievements are not relevant to the thing that most players care about most: the actual game :eyesroll:

Seriously, all they are, are regurgitated medals that are earned once and only once, and a few more pointless ones added for SP gameplay. Couldn't more productive work been added to H2V instead of achievements? Oh wait, MS has to ruin something about their #1 game money maker in order to make it look like they're not playing favorites!

The Games for Windows site has just got updated and the rumored release date has become official. The release date for H2V is 22. May.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Pages/Halo2forWindowsVista.aspx

Like I told jcap:

:bandwagon:

Digikid
May 9th, 2007, 03:46 PM
all of this over achievements????????????

Oh come ON! They are gonna have to figure out a better excuse than that.

Syuusuke
May 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I thought I saw in the trailer with working achievements...maybe not all of them work...either way...

Retarded.

Digikid
May 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I saw that as well.

Snaver
May 9th, 2007, 04:49 PM
If it was only to do with achievements then it would only effect people who have an internet connection (Since this would be how they receive their points through ms servers..) And since they have an internet connection it could of been fixed using a downloaded patch.

That's if it was the only fault.. It would be pretty fucked up if there were multiple issue's with such a major game release.

{MMT} Pope
May 9th, 2007, 05:42 PM
This is very strange today is the 9th and i called bestbuy, and they said they got halo 2 for windows, but not windows vista.. maybe its the same?.. i dunno ill check tonight at bestbuy, and let you guys know.

Techno Dude
May 9th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I just wanna betray
WHy must i wait too betray!!!

{MMT} Pope
May 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM
well people can just mod to get the achievements.

klange
May 10th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I think a really well-crafted LAN <-> System Link bridge could be constructed, but it would take so much time and effort that it wouldn't be worth it.

halofreak4567
May 10th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I just called my local Best Buy and they said that they would have it in either Saturday or Monday. That is cool. :)

Syuusuke
May 10th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Or they have no idea...