PDA

View Full Version : .scenario keeps murdering itself

Ifafudafi
September 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM
So I'm setting up equipment and encounters in b30. As for encounters, I'm simply modifying the type of .actor_variant that spawns (both in the squad and in individual starting locations). With equipment and weapons, I just delete whatever stockpile is lying on the ground and then replace it with the stuff I want. I do this for both BSPs, and then I save the scenario.

When I compile and run the map, however, there's no opening cutscene. I'm merely placed in the middle of the opening beach with no AI in sight, friendly or otherwise.

I have no idea what's causing this, as all the scripts, triggers, cutscene flags, etc. appear to be in place and intact. I've tried restarting the process from a clean, stock .scenario twice now, with the same results. What do?

DarkHalo003
September 13th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Don't ever delete anything in stock; always replace first. The best thing to do in this case is to make sure you didn't delete anything (vehicles, scenery, bipeds, etc.) in Guerilla or Sapien that you normally shouldn't. B30 is a prime example of what goes wrong when you delete scenery that's named, especially the small things like weapon scenery and rock scenery.

Ifafudafi
September 13th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah there were some named weapons and equipment; they've been set to NONE instead of deleted and everything works fine now.

I didn't have this problem with the last three maps so I was a bit confused. The more you know~