PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: And it's done. Rockets + Jetpacks + Racism = WOO

Ifafudafi
September 20th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Update: Due to overwhelming majority, time is now officially Saturday the 25th, 1:00 PM (PST). If you've signed up but cannot make this time, post in the thread so I can open up your spot.

Since you're in the thread, you've obviously read the title, so here's how it's going to go down.

Date & Time: You can pick from four times - 1:00PM PST or 6:00PM PST on either Saturday or Sunday. Vote for your preferred time in the poll; if you can make it to all of the times, pick the one that's most convenient. E: grh the last poll entry is Sunday the 26th at 6 PST.

Signing Up: First come, first serve. I'll be adding players to the list as they post; the party will be filled at the max of 16. "Mabye," "I don't know yet," and such will not be added. If you are positive that you'll be available to play, post "I WANT TO JOIN" in bold, exactly as written. Any post asking to join without this will be ignored. MAKE SURE YOU POST YOUR GAMERTAG SO I CAN ADD AND INVITE YOU!

Maps & Gametypes: Again, the hope is to get 16 people in, so you can definitely expect Invasion and various BTB games, probably with some crazy-ass Rockets, Swords, Fiesta Slayer, etc. for added deliciousness. I'll also be combing the lists for good custom gametype/map combos, and feel free to submit ideas. I'll try and come up with a list to move by, but anyone who's ever been in an H3 party knows how well plans hold up.

E: I've done too many H3 gamenights to believe for a second that a list of stuff we're going to do will last more than three games, so here's what I'll do. I've got a few things I can throw into the mix, and we can pick stock gametypes. I'll accept custom maps and gametypes from anyone to pick at random. For old times' sake, we'll kick off the night with 2-flag CTF on jcap's H1 Blood Gulch conversion, but after that the best thing to do imho is to wing it.

What To Do: About ten minutes before the prescribed time, make sure you're on XBL. I'll send out invites to everybody on the list. If 16 people sign up, the party will be invite-only so people who don't get on the list in time can't stealth join; if not, the party will be left open so that any stragglers can still hop on. In the latter case, feel free to invite friends so long as they aren't dicks or MLG profags, but Modacity members get first priority.

If you have questions, post them here. If you want to hate on Reach, take it to the general discussion thread.

OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST - Name (GT)

New entries in bold

1. Ifafudafi (Ifafudafi)
2. DEEhunter (DEEhunter1)
3. Ellis (Zack Ronin)
4. MrBig (Mr Kwatz)
5. Siliconmaster (Br0nto)
6. rentafence (rentafence5)
7. Rob Oplawar (Rob Oplawar)
8. Pyong Kawaguchi (s1r 0wns alot)
9. annihilation (Revenant133711)
10. Limited (Limited55)
11. Spartan094 (pLaTiiNuM vX)
12. TeeKup (KnightOfAvalon)
13. Kornman00 (kornmanOO)
14. MXC (MXCoriginal)
15. .Wolf™ (TheExodios)
16. Donut (TheKillerDonut)

Backlog

These people get first priority if somebody backs out or doesn't show up to the gameday.

1. L0d3x (L0d3x)
2. sevlag (about 75 tacos)
3. DarkHalo003 (DarkHalo003)

DEElekgolo
September 20th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I WANT TO JOIN
Gamer tag is "DEEhunter1"

Ellis
September 20th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I WANT TO JOIN
Gamertag is Zack Ronin

paladin
September 20th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I game, Korn will be my date.
I WANT TO JOIN
ABigRedRocket3

Futzy
September 20th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I WANT TO JOIN HOOP
Mr Kwatz

Dwood
September 20th, 2010, 10:04 PM

ABigRedRocket3

I am sorry to inform you, paladin that you will not be able to join.

DEElekgolo
September 20th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Innergoat plz go 2 prom wit me

ThePlague
September 20th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Do sunday. I'm busy saturday!

TearShade

Siliconmaster
September 20th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I WANT TO JOIN
GT: Br0nto

Rentafence
September 21st, 2010, 12:00 AM
I WANT TO JOIN

rentafence5

Rob Oplawar
September 21st, 2010, 12:04 AM
I WANT TO JOIN

Rob Oplawar

:D

FRain
September 21st, 2010, 12:24 AM
I want to join.

Kumulipo

I'll even hurry up and finish my ODST pod drop invasion map done.

Ifafudafi
September 21st, 2010, 12:35 AM
Late, going to bed

Come on people, read the instructions before you post. I'll give frain a break for trying but still

TeeKup
September 21st, 2010, 01:55 AM
I'll join. I'll need to check my work schedule to confirm but I should be able to make it.

KnightOfAvalon.

annihilation
September 21st, 2010, 03:59 AM
I WANT TO JOIN
GT- Revenant133711

Limited
September 21st, 2010, 05:09 AM
I WANT TO JOIN
Limited55

Ideally 1pm people, so us English can play!

Spartan094
September 21st, 2010, 06:04 AM
I WANT TO JOIN
pLaTiiNuM vX

and Saturday at 1pm is more fair to me since I live in the Eastern time zone.

And I might change my gamertag later today so I'll let you know when I change it.

Kornman00
September 21st, 2010, 11:18 AM
I WANT TO JOIN
ABigRedRocket3
kornmanOO

MXC
September 21st, 2010, 11:54 AM
I WANT TO JOIN

Gamertag: MXCoriginal

.Wolf™
September 21st, 2010, 12:29 PM
I WANT TO JOIN

Gt: TheExodios

paladin
September 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Im game, Korn will be my date.
I WANT TO JOIN
ABigRedRocket3I WANT TO JOIN
kornmanOO.

Ifafudafi
September 21st, 2010, 02:54 PM
Awesome turnout; one more slot left! I'll also go ahead and assume that it'll be Saturday at 1 PST, so if anybody who's signed up can't make this time, post so I can open your spot back up.

And don't forget to post any custom maps and/or gametypes you'd recommend for the gamenight! I'm working on a basic list right now, but there's always room for plenty of user-created stuff.

E: and that's a wrap. If you didn't make the list, stick around anyway; one or two slots may reopen due to scheduling conflicts.

Donut
September 21st, 2010, 02:58 PM
I WANT TO JOIN
gt: TheKillerDonut

as of now, im free that day, but if that changes ill let you guys know

.Wolf™
September 21st, 2010, 03:03 PM
I demand name correction! :/

TheExodios

sevlag
September 21st, 2010, 03:20 PM
what the fuck... this better not be on the 25th, its my birthday that day and i dont want to be barred from it

oh well

.Wolf™
September 21st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Looks like you have to make a choice.

sevlag
September 22nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Looks like you have to make a choice.
meh the slots are filled, there is no choice wolf

.Wolf™
September 22nd, 2010, 12:08 PM
There is a choice to not make the choice of skipping your birthday for something that will never ever occur again in the lifetime of a spartan.

sevlag
September 22nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
There is a choice to not make the choice of skipping your birthday for something that will never ever occur again in the lifetime of a spartan.
im not really do anything anyways chances are i'd stay home and play reach and get like McDonalds for my birthday

L0d3x
September 22nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
I'd like to join to test my invasion map, so if people quit out i'd like to join =)

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 22nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
I want to join!

s1r 0wns alot

FRain
September 22nd, 2010, 06:19 PM
Marching competition, unable to make it on Saturday. Go ahead and open up my spot.

I'll be 100% free sunday though

sevlag
September 22nd, 2010, 07:03 PM
i have an invasion map i want tested

maybe before that as a pre game thing we can do tests of various maps

i want to see how op forts plays and see how beachhead plays

CrAsHOvErRide
September 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
I want to join!

s1r 0wns alot
Where you back then at Halomods?

Ifafudafi
September 22nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Okay Frain's out, Pyong's in. The rest of you, learn to read the OP and follow instructions (i.e. I need your gamertag!)

Even though all the slots are filled, go ahead and post if you're interested. I'll create a list of people who get first priority in case another person backs out.

I'll have gametype/map list up tomorrow. Don't forget to bring along any good ones you have!

TeeKup
September 23rd, 2010, 02:32 AM
I WANT TO JOIN!

KnightOfAvalon

.....granted someone is out.....

L0d3x
September 23rd, 2010, 02:59 AM
It has come to my attention that some people here just want to have their maps tested (which is not a bad thing of course). I just thought I'd say that at forgehub there is a "testers guild" where you can easily find people who want to test your map.

And just in case someone backs out:

I WANT TO JOIN!

L0d3x

sevlag
September 23rd, 2010, 07:12 AM
might as well...'

I WANT TO JOIN

about 75 tacos

DarkHalo003
September 23rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
I WANT TO JOIN

I also want to try out this new Invasion map I've been working on. It uses basically the entire map (except the waterfall, hangar, and pinnacle) and the Spartans are assaulting a Covenant held Forerunner facility where blah blah blah Covenant has incredible potential of Forerunner technology here and blah blah blah humanity must destroy the base before the Covies can use it. I'm testing the technical stuff and if there's anything I can remove and change around to expand my budget. The Spartans feature only a couple of changes in Loadouts on all tiers. The Elites experience a massive change in Loadouts at Tier 3 though. Ranger now has the Concussion Rifle and Needle Rifle (or PR), for instance. The removal of the Gladiator (because it gets redundant over time) introduces the Demolition Loadout, which features the Plasma Launcher and Concussion Rifle. The Active Camo loadout is called Spec-Ops and is exactly that; a Plasma Rifle and an Energy Sword (although this one may be changed for practicality of close quarters). The Plasma Repeater is also replaced with the Plasma Rifle.

Gamertag: DarkHalo003

Futzy
September 23rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Okay Frain's out, Pyong's in. The rest of you, learn to read the OP and follow instructions (i.e. I need your gamertag!)

Even though all the slots are filled, go ahead and post if you're interested. I'll create a list of people who get first priority in case another person backs out.

I'll have gametype/map list up tomorrow. Don't forget to bring along any good ones you have!
I'll try to finish headlong by friday

Ifafudafi
September 25th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Okay so here's what I've decided to do about maps/gametypes.

I've done too many H3 gamenights to believe for a second that a list of stuff we're going to do will last more than three games, so here's what I'll do. I've got a few things I can throw into the mix, and we can pick stock gametypes. I'll accept custom maps and gametypes from anyone to pick at random. For old times' sake, we'll kick off the night with 2-flag CTF on jcap's H1 Blood Gulch conversion (or on Hemorrhage if he doesn't respond to my PM by game time tomorrow), but after that the best thing to do imho is to wing it. Again, I have a few potential ideas, but trying to impose a specific order would be disasterous imho.

I've also sent invites to most people on the list (I'll be sending the rest out tomorrow.) Make sure you have room on the friend's list (looking at you, Pyong.) If I can't invite you, I'll open up your spot to someone on the backlog.

Dwood
September 25th, 2010, 01:24 AM
1:00 pm PST is like 5 AM my time :saddowns:

Spartan094
September 25th, 2010, 09:19 AM
1:00 pm PST is like 5 AM my time :saddowns:
What.

Also a classic h1 blood gulch in reach is awesome. I want mongooses thou :(

paladin
September 25th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I cant make it. I have a job interview with soe.

Ellis
September 25th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Alright, I'll be opening up my friends list for ya right now, only can spare one spot right now. I'll be on for most of the day, so when I see the invite pop up I'll join up. Cheers guys.

Spartan094
September 25th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Looks like TeeKup replaces paladin now.

Futzy
September 25th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I'll be on in about a half hour, placing spawns and weapons on hopalong now
e: thought it was est

Ifafudafi
September 25th, 2010, 12:47 PM
TeeKup's now replacing paladin.

Those of you on the backlog, go ahead and be online; I'll be sending invites to you as well. If somebody on the list doesn't show up, you'll get in instead.

Rentafence
September 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
This starts in another 3 hours ya?

.Wolf™
September 25th, 2010, 01:46 PM
more like one.

Siliconmaster
September 25th, 2010, 02:21 PM
1PM PST is 4PM EST. Approx. 40 minutes to go, if I'm right.

Ifafudafi
September 25th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Silicon's right.

Friend requests are sent. If I can't invite you, I'll invite the next person on the backlog. I've got a few simple gametypes set up, but feel free to suggest your own so I can use those too. Jcap hasn't sent me his BG mod, so we'll be starting with Hemorrhage.

Futzy
September 25th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I'll send you headlong after this game

Spartan094
September 25th, 2010, 02:43 PM
7 minutes to go.

Limited
September 25th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Some reason the invite never went to my inbox, was in game and the lobby is private :O

Limited
September 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM
JETPACK SWORRRRRRRRDS

Kornman00
September 25th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Had to go to the store and it threw me off about an hour.

Ellis
September 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah that was pretty fun. I enjoyed it. Hope to do it again soon.

Ifafudafi
September 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks for making a (mostly) successful gameday, guys.

For everoyne else, we started off with 2-flag CTF on Hemorrhage, which was a stalemate/Scorpion nightmare, then the same game sans tanks, which was much more fun and exciting. After that, Infection on Reflection, which was great. Off to a good start.

Then we did FFA Rockets with bottomless clips and jetpacks on Countdown. This was singlehandedly one of the most beautiful things we'd ever seen. 3/4 of the way through the game, everyone's rank, color, armor, etc. started resetting to the default black, and we concluded that the game we were playing was so awesome that Bungie's servers couldn't handle it. Then was Hammers with infinite Evade on Powerhouse, as everyone's settings started to trickle back (I was the first one, and they immediately decided to gang up on the non-black guy). Then some Fiesta Slayer.

Then sevlag brought out his custom Invasion map and figured out that it didn't exactly work well with 16 players. The first two tiers were fine, but the third was simply the defending Elites raping the Spartans for 10 minutes. This happened on both sides, a lot of people quit, and then we tried to do Fiesta on Countdown, but all of the sudden everything was so painfully laggy that we couldn't continue. That's when I got off, and I'm not sure what happened afterwards.

Still, most of it was great and I'm sure Rockets + Jetpacks will be making a comeback for the next gameday, whenever that is.

Spartan094
September 25th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Gravity hammers and unlimited evade was pro.

Futzy
September 25th, 2010, 06:44 PM
and I'm not sure what happened afterwards.

Still, most of it was great and I'm sure Rockets + Jetpacks will be making a comeback for the next gameday, whenever that is.
Tried to play a btb map with 6 people. Didn't work out.
Next week needs more structure and forge maps.

sevlag
September 25th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Then sevlag brought out his custom Invasion map and figured out that it didn't exactly work well with 16 players. The first two tiers were fine, but the third was simply the defending Elites raping the Spartans for 10 minutes. This happened on both sides, a lot of people quit, and then we tried to do Fiesta on Countdown, but all of the sudden everything was so painfully laggy that we couldn't continue. That's when I got off, and I'm not sure what happened afterwards.

after i left i fixed it there are more ways up now and there are 3-4 new teleporters as well as the teleporter off the quarry is in a more obvious spot (infront of the phase 3 base, cant miss it)
removed purple
fixed that tiny safezone hole rob kept running into
more cover on the shoreline leading up to the island
hog doesnt spawn till phase 2 (hopefully)

best part of the night had to be the no tank hemmorage...felt good man
btb rockets on countdown was utter lag, we all ended up as default N6

Limited
September 25th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Was hoping to play a custom map, but Llama took my spot when I went to go to main menu to check my stuff :(

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 25th, 2010, 07:05 PM
One hour til gamenight?
Can't play D:

sevlag
September 25th, 2010, 07:09 PM
we had a non modacity member, we could have kicked him

Ellis
September 25th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah man we did have someone who wasn't even on the list. Too bad we didn't see ya there Pyong was looking forward to it man.

Kornman00
September 25th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, that was someone I know IRL, I brought him in via my party.

sevlag
September 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
we had someone else too, revolution (had some numbers in there)

we're doing a smaller one still so either join me or limited or whoever you have on your friends list from the gamenight

Ellis
September 25th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I really had fun though, that no tanks CTF was epic honestly. Screen capping an assassination I did in that one on someone. :P Very fun though.

Futzy
September 25th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I felt so special until kornman joined and I wasn't the only person with grunt birthday party anymore

Spartan094
September 25th, 2010, 08:46 PM
btb rockets on countdown was utter lag, we all ended up as default N6
You mean a BLACK Male Noble 6 with a seven column black emblem. Which is where racism in the title thread comes from and the next game after it hehe.

DEElekgolo
September 25th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Everyone turned black in the middle of a game. Was p cool.

Kornman00
September 26th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I felt so special until kornman joined and I wasn't the only person with grunt birthday party anymore
You're probably thinking of my friend. I have Heart Attack.

L0d3x
September 26th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Communication was impossible with like 5 really loud people who found it necesarry to yell to make themselves heard. Game suggestions were thus impossible to make, cause you couldn't be heard.
How hard is it to speak in a normal tone/turn your tv to a normal volume/keep the mic at 2 cm from your mouthes...

Rockets with 16 players was also really boring, so was hammers...at least take larger maps. And the humor of some people was really nerdy that even I facepalmed a few times...in a bad way.

/rant

DarkHalo003
September 26th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Shouldn't we create a schedule for next time? Granted it's a very organized way to go into a chaotic game night, it would still be a lot less obnoxious than listening to 10 people trying to throw out different suggestions. I may have not been there, but in Halo 3 I had a TON of custom game nights and days like this. Schedule next time perhaps?

Futzy
September 26th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Ya, we could have it every weekend perhaps. Hopefully more people will have created custom maps by then and we can make a list of what we want to play and after that we can go back to breaking the game with 16 player ffa rockets with jet packs on the smallest map in the game

sevlag
September 26th, 2010, 11:37 AM
overall was fun lets do it again shall we?

DarkHalo003
September 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Ya, we could have it every weekend perhaps. Hopefully more people will have created custom maps by then and we can make a list of what we want to play and after that we can go back to breaking the game with 16 player ffa rockets with jet packs on the smallest map in the game
Agreed. Maybe we could test my Confliction map then as well while an adequate number of people in the lobby to do so.

Rentafence
September 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Communication was impossible with like 5 really loud people who found it necesarry to yell to make themselves heard. Game suggestions were thus impossible to make, cause you couldn't be heard.

Ya, especially that rentafence guy that kept screaming rack em rack

DEElekgolo
September 26th, 2010, 04:11 PM
And that DEEhunter1 guy that kept trying to be funny.

Futzy
September 26th, 2010, 05:27 PM
jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes and

DEElekgolo
September 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM
jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes

annihilation
September 26th, 2010, 09:46 PM
And combo breaking.

I wouldn't mind another game night/day.

Hotrod
September 29th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Next time, I wanna join! I was going to join for this one, but I was supposed to have guests over (who decided not to show up).