PDA

View Full Version : Effect Tag Help

flyingmonkey3
September 24th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I recently started using Guerilla and I have a quick question regarding effect tags. How do you set a location for a part? What I mean by this is, say I want to spawn a projectile in a location. How would I set this location?

Vicky
September 24th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Spawning projectiles.. sounds like a deadly map :S in case your question is how to place weapons on the map; try sapien instead.

seanthelawn
September 24th, 2010, 07:57 PM
To have things spawn at a certain location, you'll need markers in your gbxmodel. To make a marker, go to your model in max and add a sphere entitled "#name" (without quotes and replace "name" with the name of your marker) and put it where you want it on the model. In the effect tag, there will be a section at the top that is titled "LOCATIONS". Add your marker names to this section and then go down to the "PARTS" section and reference which marker you want the part to spawn at.

flyingmonkey3
September 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Ah, so I'll need a modeling program. I was wondering how some of the effect tags in custom tags got their location marker names. Thanks.

Vicky
September 24th, 2010, 09:54 PM
If it's a about weapon-models and where things, like projectiles, would appear try gbx-modelimporter for 3DS for example.