PDA

View Full Version : HCE The Black Arts of Halo Mods

Kornman00
September 25th, 2010, 04:28 PM
So I was at Fry's today and decided to swing by their book section to see if any new tech books were out and of interest. I came across a copy of The Black Art of Halo Mods (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Halo-Mods-Stephen-Cawood/dp/0672328046). I had helped in the development of this book way back when (mostly in the guerilla portions) and never actually got to see the final product, so I decided to flip thru some pages.

While I was looking at the index I saw they had a section for creating a scripted cutscene. I was like "hmmmm, I don't remember helping with this, I wonder wh- MOTHER FUCKER".

You see, it was at this instance that I realized that this section had a 99.99% chance of having one major redundancy before I even flipped to it: the beginning begin statement.

I flipped to page 256 and started looking until I saw script code. There it was. Fucking "(begin ...)".

It was then I put down the book, considered it not worth my time to even see the section I helped make and walked away. Not to mention that it had a section dedicated to Prometheus (Nick talked Cawood into adding it :ugh:).

[/ragequit]

OT: As chance would have it, Nick IMed me with a link to an image (NSFW) which had reminded him of me as I was writing this. We hardly talk nowadays. So I replied "funny, reminded me of u (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Halo-Mods-Stephen-Cawood/dp/0672328046)". What are the odds.

AAA
September 25th, 2010, 04:54 PM
What the hell does "(begin...)" have to do with anything? idgi

Kornman00
September 25th, 2010, 05:39 PM
(script startup main
(begin
(print "you're doing it wrong fuck face")
)
)

^

The beginning begin statement is redundant.

Limited
September 25th, 2010, 06:38 PM
:O I started that craze, my bad. I remember when the chatter of the book was being written, didnt know it hit the print. Pretty cool to have your name in a published book though :D

CrAsHOvErRide
September 25th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Remeber this book. Remember your tut Limited.

Don't remember Prom :v:

Llama Juice
September 25th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I own a copy of the book.

DEElekgolo
September 25th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Prometheus will never be released.
Deal with it.

PopeAK49
September 26th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Kornman don't be so....:mech:. It's not like people are gonna be like "Hey it's the guy who wrote the beginning statement in this random book!"

Kornman00
September 26th, 2010, 12:21 AM
What? I wasn't the one who wrote that section.

CrAsHOvErRide
September 26th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah Korn. Stop being so :mech:

DarkHalo003
September 26th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Korn, that book is geared towards the mass of Halo fans who don't know anything about the internal workings, kind of like me 2 years ago (and still a bit so now). I never really used (begin), so it's just kind of minuet to me. I think your probably one of the only people here that's bothered by that too.

PopeAK49
September 27th, 2010, 09:54 AM
What? I wasn't the one who wrote that section.

That's not what the book says...:mech2:
Just kidding man, I was just trying to burst your bubble a bit.