PDA

View Full Version : [APP] Server Error Restarter for Rec0's Devicator.

tylerp14
October 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM
------------------------------
Steps:
1. Place Server Restart.exe inside of the folder where ur server files are.
2. Open Server Restart.exe
3. Type in the folder location of ur server. For example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\ PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PATH MUST END WITH A \
4. Click Hide
5. Open Haloceded.exe then Haloceded_extended.exe

ALL CREDIT GOES TO: Manmax For Making this Wonderful Server App.

Cortexian
October 10th, 2010, 12:41 AM
If it were possible to use this automatically it would be much improved. As it stands it looks to be useless for those people running GameServers.com servers and the Devicator as it requires user input before it's run. Maybe it would be possible to make this a "launcher" for "haloceded.exe" and "haloceded_extended.exe";

Make this program look up its path and arguments from a configuration text file.
Name this file "haloceded.exe" (so GameServers.com control panel launches this file instead of the real game executable).
Rename the real "haloceded.exe" to something like "_haloceded.exe".
Make "haloceded_extended.exe" hook into the renamed real "_haloceded.exe".

That would double the usefulness of this program imo. As it stands users that have the ability to run your program can also do things like run the dedicated server and devicator as services with FireDaemon which will reboot programs if they error and such.

Good job however, I'm sure this will help some people!

tylerp14
October 11th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Thank you. But it's Manmax's app. I just posted it here cuz he didnt do anything with it, and for people to Enjoy using it, rather than letting your app's not get used and go to Waste!

Manmax
October 21st, 2010, 03:03 PM
-Nvm-

tylerp14
October 22nd, 2010, 07:39 PM
There Manmax. Gave You Credit. And Sorry i forgot to give you Credit in the first place! Forgive me?

Manmax
October 23rd, 2010, 05:07 AM
Of course :) now that you added my name. Also I will make a dedicated server version as well.