PDA

View Full Version : HCE [MAP] A RPG_Beta6 Variant

tylerp14
October 12th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hey There! This is a Single Player Version of Halo CE's Map "RPG_Beta6". It Has Snow Covering everything and an Epic Ai Mission. I'll Post a little Tour of it Below. Please Comment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biubkSDWbcI

P.S: You Wont be Getting this map Until it's released On Halomaps.org. Just Showing You Around.

tylerp14
October 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hmm......... The Video wont play for me on Here...

Hotrod
October 12th, 2010, 12:54 PM
To be honest, the map doesn't look that great. Here's a few things which I think could use some work :

1. The encounters don't look like there was much thought put into them. A few enemies here and there (which look very easy to get past, I might add) doesn't equal to fun gameplay. I'm not an expert in this stuff, but being a gamer, I can tell what looks like fun and what doesn't. I would suggest adding in a few enemies while keeping a variety. Maybe you should play through the Halo campaign and take a look at what Bungie did with their encounters and try to imitate them to a certain degree.

2. The textures aren't that great, especially in the tunnels. A plain grey room with the same textures on the walls, ceilings and floors really isn't interesting to look at and can take away a lot of the enjoyment while playing. I don't want to sound like a fanboy here, but take a look at what CMT has done in their SPv2 maps. Damn those textures are sexy, which is one of the main reasons why I really loved playing through those missions. And if that's too high of a bar for you then just use the regular Halo 1 textures.

3. The Warthog being changed so the different seats can be the driver seats. I mean, sure, that's cool for a little fun mod, but if you want to seem serious about this project then I would recommend putting it back the way it normally is concerning the seats. And while I'm on that note, the Spartan with the Hayabusa and Katana really isn't that fitting as well, but that's just me.

However, the AR at the beginning looks pretty sick and the map looks like it could be turned into something good if given enough time and work.

tylerp14
October 13th, 2010, 01:18 PM
There is ALOT More Ai that you have to defeat than that. And i mean alot... lol. I'll post the link here when it's finished.

Warsaw
October 14th, 2010, 02:04 AM
It's not just the number, it's the timing and positioning...also the types that show up at those times and positions. It also can't feel forced, and a smattering of enemies scattered around feels forced.

Con
October 17th, 2010, 11:57 AM
It needs a lot more attention but I think it's an alright start.

tylerp14
November 2nd, 2010, 09:22 PM
There we go. Got the video up on the post.

assassinchief107
November 16th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Oh wai- this is an actual SP mission. But PLEASE, do fix the ammo bars.