PDA

View Full Version : Chile Trapped Miners: The Rescue!

Limited
October 12th, 2010, 09:09 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11518015

Well, for those of you who live under a rock, 69 days ago a mineshaft in Chile collapsed trapping 33 occupants 2 miles down. Since then they have been stuck down there whilst the rescue teams drill a whole to rescue them.

Well, fast forward to now and tonight/tomorrow is the beginning of the rescue, lifting them up through a pod.

So yeah, this is a touching story as 33 people are put under the ultimate test of survival, so hopefully they all get out alive and well. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Medic is just getting the pod now, first person to see the miners face to face for 63 long long days.

LIVE STREAM!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11489439

Bodzilla
October 13th, 2010, 04:24 AM
just saw the 7th guy pulled up live.

a year or 2 ago this happeend to 3 aussie blokes.

one of them died in the initial fall

cheezdue
October 13th, 2010, 07:10 AM
It was preety awesome watching the first miner come out.

Con
October 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Watched them bring the first out last night. Pretty amazing.

ICEE
October 13th, 2010, 12:31 PM
how did they survive for so long?

Dwood
October 13th, 2010, 12:52 PM
They had a food lift goin on.

Llama Juice
October 13th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I've played minecraft. I know how to get out of those situations.

If you just punch the brick long enough it WILL break.

Seriously, they're miners.. why didn't they just mine their way out?... pansies.

in all seriousness, glad they're safe and I watched a bit of it last night as well... craziness... the whole situation was just nuts.

Limited
October 13th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Seriously, they're miners.. why didn't they just mine their way out?... pansies.
Pfft, they were worried about coming across zombie spawners, obviously.

Up to 24 rescued now, just hope the tunnel and the chamber withstand to get everyone out safe. Watched alot of it live last night, I was glued to my monitor for hours. Loved how the second guy, Mario someone, gathered some rock to give to the ministers :D

Pretty sure the fact they are very faithful and strong Chileans helped them keep their sanity, seeing them come out the lift and acting like they've only been down a few hours is astonishing. The fact they have so much structure and followed the protocol to the tee is outstanding. The government really planned it out.

=sw=warlord
October 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Maybe because they might not have had the equipment with them?

Dwood
October 13th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Maybe because they might not have had the equipment with them?

You totally missed something.

=sw=warlord
October 13th, 2010, 06:32 PM
You totally missed something.
Yeah I missed watching the news as they were pulled out.:ohdear:

cheezdue
October 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
They all finally got pulled out. Its good to know everything turned out for the best.:highfive:

Warsaw
October 13th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Pretty damn awesome; that's hardcore, living under ground for two months. I can't imagine how nice it is to breathe fresh air and feel the sunlight again.

Also, fuck yeah for American know-how.

Cortexian
October 15th, 2010, 05:52 PM
The news here is reporting it extremely badly, emphasis on how "one of the miners was met by his mistress as he was pulled out" and how "one of the miners became a father while trapped".

I'm wondering how they conceived while they were two miles apart. :conspiracy:

ICEE
October 15th, 2010, 08:34 PM
The news here is reporting it extremely badly, emphasis on how "one of the miners was met by his mistress as he was pulled out" and how "one of the miners became a father while trapped".

they were trapped for 69 days. 69 days < 9 months.

king_nothing_
October 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM
"one of the miners became a father while trapped".

Wow...wat.

You become a father when your child is born, not when you conceive it. His child was born while he was in the mine.