PDA

View Full Version : Needler hates me

Ifafudafi
October 17th, 2010, 12:24 AM
So when I reload the needler, the animation plays, but the actual needles don't pop back up until the animation is complete, at which point they just blink into existance. At first, I thought this was because I just crudely duplicated the needle geometries in Korn's Guerilla and added an extra shader on top of that, but that can't be the case because 1. I got a new model with that stuff applied before exportation/compilation and 2. in a10, it was working fine.

I've reinstalled the vanilla tags and tried the same process, but it gives me the same problem, and I've tried extracting the a10 model I used, but it also has the same problem. I've tried replacing both the .gbxmodel and the .model_animations, but to no avail. Am I missing anything, or is this another stupid engine error I can't fix?

CtrlAltDestroy
October 17th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Open your weapon tag, scroll down to to just above the predicted resources/magazines block. Make sure the weapon type field is set to "needler", as opposed to "undefined" or whatever it may happen to be.

Ifafudafi
October 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM
It was set to undefined, so I changed it, but still getting the same problem.

DarkHalo003
October 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
It was set to undefined, so I changed it, but still getting the same problem.
I'm not a great expert, but make sure the needle shaders and crap are set right. If something is wrong with the shaders, the game might not recognize the needles being what they're supposed to be.

Ifafudafi
October 19th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Problem solved. While the thing in the weapon tag would have solved the problem if I were using stock anims, the new anims were still borked because the number of frames that the reload anim takes up is apparently hardcoded, and screwing with that breaks the whole thing.

Nice to have this fixed, finally