PDA

View Full Version : Hunters

Phopojijo
October 17th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Is it just me? Or is "needler (pistol, not rifle) clip in the back" the easiest way to kill a Hunter (apart from getting the one to kill the other)? Or did I just luck out?

((Assuming of course you didn't somehow get a vehicle near a hunter... if that's possible))

{{The point of this thread is to talk about methods to kill Hunters with... be it effective, funny, whatever}}

p0lar_bear
October 17th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Risky, but circle-strafing them while alternating shotguns and punches to the back works for me. I've beat down hunters numerous times.

Dwood
October 17th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Risky, but circle-strafing them while alternating shotguns and punches to the back works for me. I've beat down hunters numerous times.

We all have bro. :)

ejburke
October 17th, 2010, 01:28 AM
One pistol shot to the back. Oh, did I say one? I meant 100.

sevlag
October 17th, 2010, 02:23 AM
the hunter AI has become more refined...playing firefight this morning, one rushes me with its shield raised to protect itself from my shots

t3h m00kz
October 17th, 2010, 02:37 AM
melees

straight up melees

You can seriously take on a group of hunters with nothing but melees. they don't fire if you're too close

DarkHalo003
October 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM
melees

straight up melees

You can seriously take on a group of hunters with nothing but melees. they don't fire if you're too close
Heh I can imagine a noob who thinks you can simply walk up to them and melee them on Legendary seeing this now:

"I'll do what that guy sayz!!!!"
-Hunter bum rushes him like a Big Daddy-
":gonk:"

Futzy
October 17th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I took the hunters in todays nightfall challenge out with a hologram + plasma pistol (not overcharge) combo. Took about 30 seconds of that to kill each one.

TeeKup
October 17th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I'll stick a plasma on the head or bounce a frag under then either beat them down or use a shotgun.

Warsaw
October 17th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Needler and shotgun both work very well. The Needle Rifle worked well for me, too, with its super-combine, though some on here have had trouble with it. I can confirm the plasma pistol tactic, it works well.

Rockets are ineffective, and so are grenades.

ejburke
October 17th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Does it seem to anyone else that Hunters take more damage when shot in the neck than the back?

p0lar_bear
October 17th, 2010, 07:03 PM
If that's the case, it's probably why they cover their faces with that shield when you take potshots at them.

Hunter
October 18th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Why you planning on how to kill me? :(

Futzy
October 18th, 2010, 03:54 PM
hah u gonna die