PDA

View Full Version : HCE Halo (Xbox) Halo 2 HUD

Blumoon94
October 20th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I am trying to put together a Halo 2 style remake of the Halo 1 Xbox campaign, its all going good...that is...until I got to the HUD, I cant seem to figure out how to get the HUD to function properly...and at this point, I cant even get it to work at all, anyone out there with any experience with Halo HUD's, the help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Okay, I have worked on this HUD for hours now, it is 3am, I finally got the HUD to work...sorta...the graphics are a little distorted, and the old HUD's shield meter is still showing over the new HUD for some reason, if anyone can help with this, please PM me, if you want to join the team and help out, don't be afraid to ask! I need as much help as I can get...

Con
October 20th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Can you post a picture of the problem?

azjesse
October 21st, 2010, 07:09 PM
Wait, are you trying to use the Halo 2 HUD in a CE map, or the Halo 1 HUD in a Halo 2 map?

p0lar_bear
October 21st, 2010, 07:15 PM
He's attempting to mod Halo XBox, put Halo 2 things into it.

Past clarifying that, I can't help much there, never did H1X. Still, a screen capture of what's wrong might help.

Blumoon94
October 21st, 2010, 09:19 PM
I would post a screenshot, but my capture kit isnt wanting to work with halo 1 for whatever reason, and I don't have the old Halo 1 Xbox trainer, being that all the links are dead, and I am late to the xbox modding scene. So, If anyone here has that trainer, or any other way for me to get a screenshot, that would be nice...if not...the best I can do is take a pic of the screen with my camera.

sevlag
October 21st, 2010, 09:24 PM
I would post a screenshot, but my capture kit isnt wanting to work with halo 1 for whatever reason, and I don't have the old Halo 1 Xbox trainer, being that all the links are dead, and I am late to the xbox modding scene. So, If anyone here has that trainer, or any other way for me to get a screenshot, that would be nice...if not...the best I can do is take a pic of the screen with my camera.
as crappy a suggestion this may be, but...

you COULD take a picture with a camera and upload it, the quality would be sub-par, but we could see what the problem is atleast

Blumoon94
October 21st, 2010, 10:15 PM
Here they are:

The old HUD is over top of the new HUD, where it shouldnt be there at all.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2cxdwmg.jpg

And here, the HUD is a little messed up...the rockets there are way too big.
http://i54.tinypic.com/dqjc47.jpg

If anyone knows how I might fix this, I would appreciate the help. Sorry for the crappy screenshots...

p0lar_bear
October 21st, 2010, 11:24 PM
Ah, I can actually give some insight here.

There is a seperate unhi referenced for splitscreen multiplayer, I think in the cyborg_mp bipd; it's present in PC/CE, however it's unused.

As for the lolhueg ammo meter, is that for rockets only? I want to say it's due to Halo PC supporting high-res HUD bitmaps while the XBox doesn't, but I'm unsure; I think I made all of the textures for the HUD high-res, no idea why it scales down the backgrounds, outlines, and numbers, but entirely fucks up the ammo meters.

Blumoon94
December 14th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Unless I can get more people to help me with this, I may not be able to finish this. This is really proving to be a hard project, though I am sure with more help, I could get this done. If there is anyone interested please contact me.

bobsam
December 25th, 2010, 01:07 AM
If only I could help D: ... But nice work so far!

Jose2
January 2nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
ok i will help u.
first u must put halo box on ur pc, u must prot or w/e they say, then u will rip 4rm halo 2 the HUD, then put in halo box pc, then prot to xbox again. this is easy. i have done it before.
i have hope i have help.

Blumoon94
November 6th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks to a good friend of mine, I will soon have a means to continue my project! I still have all the files I need from what I had so far, if anyone is willing to help, I would love to get back going. And with such perfect timing too, being that Halo Anniversary will be coming out soon. Though, as I saw before, it proved to be pretty difficult on my own. I can only do so much ... that being said, I hope I get lots of volunteers!

Lightning
November 11th, 2011, 05:36 PM
As polar said, there is a separate tag for the split-screen HUD for the health bar. Go look there.