PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Reach_Beta for Halo CE.

tylerp14
October 22nd, 2010, 08:05 PM
This map is: Reach_Beta.

Auther: Sphinx Bio

Descripcion:
A Powerhouse map Variant with fixed/added weapons.

Weapons:

Reach_M6G
Reach_MA37
Reach_DMR
Reach_Sniper Rifle
H3 Frag Grenade
H3 Plasma Grenade
H3 Bubble Shield
H3 Energy Sword

Vehicles (Have to be Spawned):

H3 Wraith
H3 Banshee
H3 Ghost
H3 Warthog
Mongoose

Have Fun With It!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?cu4236gmbkx8udg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2zronjq.png

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ln8jk7.png

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qmogli.png

http://i53.tinypic.com/t86tte.png

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hz23pc.png

thehoodedsmack
October 24th, 2010, 05:33 PM
uh... it only says beta in the topic's title? blind much?

The map's proper name is Powerhouse, which would lead once to suspect that "Reach Beta" was the name of the project itself, since Powerhouse appeared in the actual Halo Reach Beta. I thought the same thing as Freelancer.

Donut
November 8th, 2010, 07:00 PM
the question is "is it fun to play", not "does it look good". the CE community has shown us that they care about fun before looks or original content. and by community, i mean the people who actually play the game, not the ones who sit around on halomaps bitching about rips.

sevlag
November 13th, 2010, 02:29 PM
i threw up in my mouth abit, proper spelling isnt your strong point huh?

Donut
November 13th, 2010, 02:51 PM
guys are you fucking serious right now? this isnt halomaps. we dont have to be assholes here.

or well, we can be a different kind of asshole here.

CodeBrain
November 13th, 2010, 05:03 PM
guys are you fucking serious right now? this isnt halomaps. we dont have to be assholes here.

or well, we can be a different kind of asshole here.

I hope you understand that no one here (well most of us) likes Sphinxbro at all because of what he does. Claiming stuff is his (that or he doesn't tell his spanish buddies that he didn't make said items)

Refer to this quote by Gamma927:

These aren't even my tags that Sphinx is using; rather, most of them are those of friends. I've asked him before, politely, nonpolitely, and in numerous other fashions, to not use leaked tags at least until the usage from the original team. Why? Assume you're a random map downloader, not part of the community. Let's say you see an awesome weapon, which was put into the map by Sphinxbio. Obviously, you've never seen it before, so you worship the maps made by Sphinxbio, assuming he has the best weapons. Shouldn't it be a privilege of a team to use their own tags before they're used by others? Thus, people will assume that Sphinxbio was the original creator of such tags. Do you know how many times I've been asked that I should work with Sphinxbio because he always has the best tags? It's disheartening after a while, to see the indoctrination that new members undergo.

4) Does he have to apologize? Actions speak louder than words. What I can't stand is him continuously playing stupid, pretending not to understand what I mean. Then, he continues along his merry way, continuing with the same conduct as he has for over a year. After the release of Firefight, he came to me, and said that he liked the protection scheme I used. Then he declared that he would spend the rest of his day to cracking it. Wouldn't you find it rude if someone told you that you had a nice burglar alarm system, and that they would devote every waking moment to breaking past it? Of course, I've forgotten that you and many view Sphinxbio in a Robin Hood light, as one who takes from the rich and provides for the needy. What annoys me time after time is that this attitude spreads, corrupting the younger generations. Of course, I may be wrong and evil, and Sphinxbio be good and righteous. Were this the case, wouldn't tag producers flock to him to ask him to publish their tags? (ODX, this isn't addressed at you :V I'm still going to do it >>) If he's truly the master of open source that so many worship, then why don't more people choose to work with him to provide him tags? Why must he resort to ripping and using leaked tags? That was rhetorical, by the way. The reason as to why he chooses to ripping and using leaked tags, is because no one provides him such tags. Sure, this may portray him as a needy person using what he has. However, even after being provided tags, he continues to devote his time to the extraction of other people's tags. This consistent greed represents the voraciousness of human greed, one of our many flaws, or you could view it as the hunger of the flood, continuously desiring more and more. Would you not view this as an inherent flaw, one that must be overcome?

5) I'll agree that there's no rule that states to give credit. However, this is a positive taboo in this community. Sure, there's no rule that states that you shouldn't talk about sexual pleasures during family get-togethers. That doesn't necessarily mean that you should, nor that you would. You restrain yourself from doing such things because it's an inherent instinct, one strengthened by society. Scale this down to this community. Credit is a taboo, with the community representing a small scale society. You don't have to respect this, nor are you required to, but many do, because it represents their place in the community. You could stand out as an outsider, as L'Étranger if you're French, but it wouldn't bode well for your relationship within the community. Likewise, whether you agree or not, I am a part of this community, and I'm voicing my concerns for the violation of a taboo. If you wish to criticize me on this part, then you'd have to do so as L'Étranger.

Donut
November 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM
all im saying is that this whole "you suck, gtfo" attitude is elementary school level immature. i just think we as a community are (marginally) above that.

but no, i didnt know that, so thanks for the heads up

assassinchief107
November 15th, 2010, 12:41 PM
My post got deleted, I'll say this in a nice way:
This is obviously not a beta, I'm 99999% sure he pulled 'reach beta' out of a hat.

Cortexian
November 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I think my post was deleted as well, all I was wondering was if the "Reach Beta" referred to the map being in its beta stages or if it was just a name. Because this map looks seriously unfinished.