PDA

View Full Version : [APP] Server Error Restarter For Rec0's Devicator - Dedicated Server Version

Manmax
October 23rd, 2010, 05:34 AM
Here it is, for dedicated servers, I made this in 10 minutes and because I no longer have hce installed anymore I am unable to test it. So yea, tell me if it dosen't work.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE README!!!!

I will copy it anyway:

By Manmax75 For Halo Custom Edition Dedicated Servers, For Use with Rec0's Devicator.

HOW TO INSTALL AND USE:
1. Extract to the folder that contains your haloceded.exe
2. Rename the normal haloceded.exe to haloceded_run.exe
3. Run the app.
4. All Done

HOW TO CONFIGURE THE SETINGS FILE TO RUN THE SERVER WITH ARGUMENTS:
1. Open Up: "Sever_Restart-Settings" Ensure this file is in the folder with the app and the server stuff.
2. On the second line, put the arguments you wish to run. For example -arg1 -arg2 -arg3

An example:

*\PUT YOUR RUNTIME ARGS HERE, READ THE README ON HOW TO USE PROPERLY/*
-arg1 -arg2 -arg3

VERSION:
v.0.1 BETA - Untested

Manmax
October 24th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I presume its working then.

Cortexian
October 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
It seems to have destroyed everything related to my server. The original haloceded.exe no longer works, and the Rec0 database is no longer viewable in Microsoft Access. I tried restoring a backup of my haloceded.exe and it's dead as well.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2408/failrestarter.jpg

Manmax
October 25th, 2010, 04:38 PM
uh.... thats not supposed to happen...., the error seen in the Halo Console(1) usually means its being run when the file is not in directory with the requirements. I will have a look into it, its properly related to running out of directory, or failure of permissions, usually is either one of them. Thanks for the test lancer :) The corrupt database proberly a result of _extended crashing, because haloceded crashed. SO I will have a look. Once again ,thanks.

Manmax
November 3rd, 2010, 01:22 AM
You wouldn't be able to send your server files to me? Including dependencies i.e strings.dll, etc. Just so I can recreate the situation to the best of my ability.

Cortexian
November 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
I'll rar it up next time I get onto that server.

Manmax
November 3rd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Thankyou