PDA

View Full Version : HCE [MAP] Project Epsilon Release

Dwood
October 24th, 2010, 05:37 PM
It is to my happiness that I present to you Project Epsilon:

By Inferno

Project Epsilon
Oct, 23 2010

Created by Inferno with contributions from Flibitjibobo and Flaming Rain.

Epsilon is a single player map based on the character Agent Washington from Red vs Blue. After being implanted with the damaged AI unit Washington goes partially insane and must fight his way off the frigate "Thor" that he is currently stationed on. This mod includes custom cut scenes and AI variants.

To load the map open the console and type:

game_difficulty_set
map_name epsilon_sp_final

Download: http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Public%20Files/Epsilon%20Final%20v1.4.rar

Source Script http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Public%20Files/epsilon.hsc

Credits:

Jcap - Voice Actor
Scott Cop - Voice Actor
Sdavis - Voice Actor
Flibitijibobo - Voice Actor, Audiophile
Frain - Animator

http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/epsilon_1.png

Note: This project is just leftover from about a year ago and I decided to patch it up and throw it out there. This is the last bit of work for the CE community I will be doing. I am currently dedicating all of my efforts towards an unamed UDK project at this time.

Futzy
October 24th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Downloaded. I'll play it tonight.
firefight was pretty fun, I made it to round ten and then I fell off the cliff.

Con
October 25th, 2010, 01:33 AM
It was fun, but I would have liked more variety of gameplay. It was just running down hallways killing marines and a some spartans. Adding in some new BSPs would have been cool. The firefight mode was well scripted but it felt too confined and slow paced. It took forever to get up to the harder levels. All of the sudden, it became spartans instead of marines which I wasn't prepared for and I died, but I didn't bother retrying because it took so long to get to that point. The rate of change of difficulty should be high at the beginning but become shallower as you progress. It would have been nice to see some indication of bonuses and level on the HUD too. Being stuck in that tiny part of sidewinder was boring; it's not an interesting location at all.

Amit
October 25th, 2010, 02:41 AM
It was fun, but I would have liked more variety of gameplay. It was just running down hallways killing marines and a some spartans. Adding in some new BSPs would have been cool. The firefight mode was well scripted but it felt too confined and slow paced. It took forever to get up to the harder levels. All of the sudden, it became spartans instead of marines which I wasn't prepared for and I died, but I didn't bother retrying because it took so long to get to that point. The rate of change of difficulty should be high at the beginning but become shallower as you progress. It would have been nice to see some indication of bonuses and level on the HUD too. Being stuck in that tiny part of sidewinder was boring; it's not an interesting location at all.

Sums up my thoughts. I loved the music, though. Where's that from?

Siliconmaster
October 25th, 2010, 10:09 AM
The firefight mode was well scripted but it felt too confined and slow paced. It took forever to get up to the harder levels. All of the sudden, it became spartans instead of marines which I wasn't prepared for and I died, but I didn't bother retrying because it took so long to get to that point. The rate of change of difficulty should be high at the beginning but become shallower as you progress. It would have been nice to see some indication of bonuses and level on the HUD too. Being stuck in that tiny part of sidewinder was boring; it's not an interesting location at all.

@Con
Like I said at Halomaps, the firefight mode is more of an experimental framework. All of hte functionality you would need to make an amazing firefight mod is in that code but I j ust didn't feel like spending ages balancing it out and stuff so I left it up to the community to adapt my code.