PDA

View Full Version : Destructible Projectiles

flyingmonkey3
October 25th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Well I'm trying to make a projectile destructible and it's not quite working out. The collision model and the death effect are set up correctly, but the projectile itself refuses to be destroyed. When I shoot it the death effect will play but the projectile continues on as if nothing happened. Would any of you happen to know how to fix this?

DarkHalo003
October 25th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I'm not an expert with collision models, but try checking the box "dies when object dies."

seanthelawn
October 25th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I had a biped that did this, and I had to give it a death animation for it to disappear. Probably not related though because projectiles can't have death animations (I think?).

Con
October 25th, 2010, 10:08 PM
What do you mean destructable? Is this something the player can shoot while its in mid air and have it detonate?

flyingmonkey3
October 25th, 2010, 11:25 PM
What do you mean destructable? Is this something the player can shoot while its in mid air and have it detonate?

Well that's the effect I'm going for.

I tried checking the "dies when object dies" box and unfortunately it didn't help.

n00b1n8R
October 25th, 2010, 11:52 PM
I remember Muki made an unreal mod and had the lightning gun (fire a ball, shoot the ball and it detonates in mid air).

Dwood
October 25th, 2010, 11:57 PM
CAD showed this off... I thought he took the RL bullet and made it a biped so that when it died it exploded and was vulnerable to gunshots....

Phopojijo
October 26th, 2010, 12:07 AM
I remember Muki made an unreal mod and had the lightning gun (fire a ball, shoot the ball and it detonates in mid air).
Shock Rifle.

flyingmonkey3
October 26th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I checked out M00kz's Shock Rifle and after some testing I found that strangely the problem seems to be with the damage effect of the projectile that hits the one I want to destroy. For some reason, the projectile that I want to destroy will only disappear if the projectile that hits it uses the damage effect from the primary fire of M00kz's Shock Rifle.

E:
Never mind. I finally figured it out! Thanks for the help!

OpsY
October 27th, 2010, 12:10 PM
For the sake of posterity, what was the issue?

flyingmonkey3
October 27th, 2010, 03:05 PM
It was something really obvious that I just overlooked. The damage effect for the projectile that hit the one I wanted to destroy had 0 as the damage multiplier for the material of the projectile I wanted to destroy. Because of this it didn't actually do any damage.