PDA

View Full Version : Before Releasing a Bunch of Junk......

DarkHalo003
October 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
So due to my not releasing of anything in a long time, I plan on releasing some stuff I've been working on for quite a while in Halo Custom Edition. These tags include the following:
-Smart AI Elites (with accompanying weapons).
-Smart AI Brutes (with accompanying weapons).
-CMT Sparrowhawk Fix (It's better than most of what's out there, but it's not like Halo3 Hornet physics or whatever).
-HCE Grenade Launcher weapon tag and placeholder model/animations.

It's a lot more than the list appears to have. The Elites and Brutes are broken down into combat groups based on weapons/roles/etc, not just some random AI Elites with one or two actors. I'm using CMT's weapon and biped tags and assets because they look good IMO and allow me to give Elites Carbines. All credit for CMT's tags goes to CMT. However, the AI are done almost completely by me, with the exception of a basis from Bungie (Elites) and CMT(Brutes). The Brutes are still a WIP though and I may completely rehaul their AI from scratch if I don't feel they're ready. Speaking of WIPs, here is what needs to be done:
-Elite SpecOps Variants (the most badass Elites you'll ever fight against/with).
-Elite Carbines need to be balanced a tad (they were the old Elite SpecOps, but they're not tenacious enough in aggression) to match their Standard Minor/Major counterparts.
-Brutes need finalizing. They may be completely redone if the AI isn't what I want it to be (basically a mix between all 4 games).
-Another playthrough for the Sparrowhawk Fix just to make sure it's done.
-The HCE Grenade Launcher still needs to have a decent Charged Grenade. I'm currently looking at this tag for guidance: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4608
^If this tag works then I'll make it so there are two different ones on the map I'll be using so players can use the charged feature. Ultimately, if this tag works well, then that means the player will be able to control the grenades explosion location like in Halo Reach. Hopefully.

Here are a few videos of the Elites against some Aimbot Pro Marines and myself. Excuse me for the mediocre quality.
http://www.xfire.com/video/343b7b/
And here is a video of the Standard Elites. Once again, excuse me for the mediocre quality:
http://www.xfire.com/video/343b7c/

I have a couple of videos with the Brutes too, but they're a bit unreliable due to the hastiness of the encounter as a simple test for their associative abilities. No fancy encounter work in those videos. You're all best to wait for later videos, which should hopefully demonstrate their AI better.

If you have any question regarding these tags and any suggestions, please say so in this thread.

DarkHalo003
November 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I've added a couple of queries to my list. This post serves as a proof of purchase so to speak. Here is what will be added:
-Advantage (map) - WIP
-Covenant AA Gun (vehicle and BSP attachment) - WIP