PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

paladin
November 2nd, 2010, 01:29 AM
http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/
(http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/)
Did anyone watch the premier on Sunday? It actually was pretty good.

ThePlague
November 2nd, 2010, 02:30 AM
It was amazing for a TV show. I'm looking forward to how the season goes.

Siliconmaster
November 2nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
It was brilliant. Great writing, and the zombies were terrifyingly realistic looking.

thehoodedsmack
November 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Is this like when AMC did The Village, in that it'll be a few episodes long? Or is this a series that's going to continue, like Mad Men?

paladin
November 2nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Its a series

Corndogman
November 2nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
I thought it was awesome. Definitely will be following this.

Warsaw
November 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Personally, I like L4D's comical approach to a serious Zombie outbreak, but this was great too.

Dwood
November 3rd, 2010, 04:25 AM
Could use some polish as some of the scenes and acting was cheesy to me but that's a writing problem, and it's a tv show. However given that, it's a great start.

Cojafoji
November 4th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Just watched the first episode. Should be a good series. Lots of potential background, plot ec.

Cortexian
October 17th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Season 2 premiere.

I did NOT see that end coming.

ThePlague
October 17th, 2011, 02:54 AM
It was :o

Guardian
October 17th, 2011, 03:58 AM
:S From that episode, I think its going to be one intense season.

Amit
October 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Season 2 premiere.

I did NOT see that end coming.

Although I have read all 89 issues of the Walking Dead and watched every episode, I didn't see it coming either. That's not my foolishness, though. That's the fault of the producers and Robert Kirkman for making the series stray so very far away from the actual plot. Oh well, I've already voiced my views elsewhere and I think the side step onto the CDC story is crucial to keep viewers in the know about how the infection works. Check out http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead to see the preview for episode 2 and some of the behind the scenes stuff.

dark navi
October 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I don't care for the graphic novels or w.e.... That episode was pretty good and then it got awesome. I think the show needs more actual pop-up surprising moments though. :)

Amit
October 17th, 2011, 09:18 PM
They aren't graphic novels. It is a legit comic book. And you should care. If there were no comics, there wouldn't be this TV series.

I expected a geek to grab Carl or something when he was walking towards the elk.

ChemicalFizz
October 17th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Episode was friggin awesome... I've been waiting for this episode. Did everyone watch "Talking Dead" right after?

Cortexian
October 17th, 2011, 10:17 PM
That was a deer.

Elk:
qL5I7MnfnMI

Amit
October 17th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Episode was friggin awesome... I've been waiting for this episode. Did everyone watch "Talking Dead" right after?

Na, I wanted to, but I wasn't going to sit through the same episode again for 1.5 hours. I had a Chem midterm to study for :)

That was a deer.

Yeah. The Horns seemed fuzzy to me when I watched it.

Cortexian
October 17th, 2011, 11:08 PM
The video I posted was recorded by me. I hunt deer and elk and I'm LEGALLY required to know the difference. It was a deer, though I'm pretty sure we don't get that type here (we only get White-tale and Mule).

The biggest differences are the color, elk are much more of a dark-chestnut color whereas that deer was a lightish brown color. The antlers are all wrong to be an elk. Most importantly and obviously is the size, elk are twice the size of a deer, average ones are three times the size of the deer in the show.

The top of that deers back was as tall or just shorter than the kids head, probably 4 foot something. The top of the back on an elk would my shoulder/neck height and I'm 6'4".

BobtheGreatII
October 17th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah that was awesome.

Also shocked by the ending. Looking forward to this season.

neuro
October 18th, 2011, 05:26 AM
The video I posted was recorded by me. I hunt deer and elk and I'm LEGALLY required to know the difference. It was a deer, though I'm pretty sure we don't get that type here (we only get White-tale and Mule).

The biggest differences are the color, elk are much more of a dark-chestnut color whereas that deer was a lightish brown color. The antlers are all wrong to be an elk. Most importantly and obviously is the size, elk are twice the size of a deer, average ones are three times the size of the deer in the show.

The top of that deers back was as tall or just shorter than the kids head, probably 4 foot something. The top of the back on an elk would my shoulder/neck height and I'm 6'4".

it's TV, not a zombie-reality-simulator praising itself on it's accuracy. get over yourself.

dark navi
October 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
it's TV, not a zombie-reality-simulator praising itself on it's accuracy. get over yourself.

I demand factual accuracy in my television shows. That's why I am such a Lost fan.

Cortexian
October 18th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Uh what? Amit is the one spewing incorrect information. They never said what it was in the TV show, so I'm not bashing on the TV show, just Amit for spreading lies.

neuro
October 19th, 2011, 02:55 AM
omy bad, i didnt actually read the thread

Amit
October 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
omy bad, i didnt actually read the thread

You should go back and read it, then.

neuro
October 19th, 2011, 10:06 AM
it's a free internet.

no u.

edit: and you're still a twit freelancer.

Cortexian
October 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Why is it that whenever someone does something wrong, or says something wrong, and I correct them this entire community sides with the person who was initially wrong and makes me into the bad guy?

What the fuck is with this community.

ThePlague
October 20th, 2011, 02:18 AM
What the fuck is with this community.:like:

dark navi
October 20th, 2011, 08:12 AM

We all menstruate on the same cycle now. Which is all the time.

thehoodedsmack
October 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/thehoodedsmack/conspiracy.jpg

:conspiracy: :tinfoil:

=sw=warlord
October 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Why is it that whenever someone does something wrong, or says something wrong, and I correct them this entire community sides with the person who was initially wrong and makes me into the bad guy?

You became moderator, that's what happened.

Cortexian
October 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
You became moderator, that's what happened.
Which should of had the opposite effect that it did.

If you guys want I can just start infracting everyone, which would just lead to you all being banned because you can't get off a terribly shitty bandwagon.

Kornman00
October 20th, 2011, 07:57 PM
because you can't get of a terribly shitty bandwagon.
At least we can type legibly

also, stop posting

=sw=warlord
October 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Which should of had the opposite effect that it did.

If you guys want I can just start infracting everyone, which would just lead to you all being banned because you can't get off a terribly shitty bandwagon.
Should and did are different things.
Might I point out that if everyone were banned, you would have an entire forum to yourself with which no one to talk to.
Not exactly the most intelligent thing to do in the world.
Oh and the shitty bandwagon is in the community sub forum, just so you know.

Amit
October 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Episode 2 preview: http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-sneak-peek-episode-202-bloodletting

neuro
October 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
wow amit, way to post off-topic.

Amit
October 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
Remember that PM you sent me a week or two ago about me ruining fun? That PM is relevant again :D

Amit
October 23rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
Whoa, that episode was intense.

Plot Discussion:

I loved T-Dog's rant: "The whole world's having a tough time. Damn, man. Open your eyes!"

And Shane was being retarded when he pretty much kicked the medical trailer's door open. Of course the zombies are gonna fucking see and hear you if you do that. What him and Otis should have done is save two or three flares to throw them towards the school Jurassic Park style if they were seen. Well, in order to even make it that far they would have to be just as stealthy going out as they were going in. The best thing would have been for them to check if there was an emergency hatch in the roof of the trailer so that Otis could boost Shane up and throw the flares far enough away, but somewhere all the zombies would see them. That would make it just as easy to get out as it was for them to get in.

Amit
October 30th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Yup, Shane is still a scumbag :/

Cortexian
October 30th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah wtf Shane!!

DarkHalo003
October 31st, 2011, 10:43 AM
Yup, Shane is still a scumbag :/
And is yet one of the only characters I don't want to bitchslap across the face. Everyone else except for the old vet, the old RC owner, T-Dog, and main character could die and I could care less. They all piss me off.

dark navi
October 31st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Hey, at least that is some good plot. Also, why does everyone in this show run extremely slow? Don't they know Rule 1?

DarkHalo003
November 13th, 2011, 08:45 PM
If Dale dies, I hope every writer is killed in a horrible accident. Fucking pricks.

Amit
November 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM
If Dale dies, I hope every writer is killed in a horrible accident. Fucking pricks.

The writers for the show are the writers for the comic. Eventually almost everyone you see right now will die. That's the reality. Hell, Shane is supposed to be dead already so I really don't know what they are doing with the characters currently, but I like it. Except for the part where Sophia is still missing. Like what the hell? Where the fuck did she go?

PenGuin1362
November 13th, 2011, 11:40 PM
They dumped the original writers and brought on new ones for season 2, I don't believe they intend to follow the comic anymore. I was going to be so pissed if they killed Daryl. Hands down favorite character

Amit
November 14th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Well, Robert Kirkman is still writing a few episodes. You'll notice that Season two is more on track with the comic than Season 1 was, though.

ChemicalFizz
November 14th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Show is going a bit slow.

3 reasons to watch right now:
1. Daryl
2. What happened to Sophia
3. Daryl

Amit
November 15th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Right now I think it's:

1. Holy fuck barn.
2. Daryl
3. Laurie's preggo.

ThePlague
November 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Should probably spoiler that Amit.

Cortexian
November 15th, 2011, 04:05 PM
done.

Cortexian
November 15th, 2011, 09:12 PM
WUxR-ELasrw

Amit
November 16th, 2011, 12:14 PM
ROFL, funniest video of the week!

Should probably spoiler that Amit.

Doesn't really need a spoiler because:

1. Anybody who loves the comics already knows.
2. Anybody who loves the TV show, but never read that comic are so devoted that they've already seen the episode.

:D

ChemicalFizz
November 27th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Tonight's episode:
HOLY SHIT.

that is all

DarkHalo003
November 27th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Tonight's episode:
HOLY SHIT.

that is all

Glad that's over. Oh and after thinking about it when they let all of the buggers out, I was like, SHE'S IN THE BARN. Regardless, glad that's over. Starting to hate Shane now though.

Cortexian
November 28th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Good episode, hope the season finale is an improvement. I've come to expect the shows to be brain-stopping though.

Just goes to show how Rick is the only one who can make all the really hard decisions. I was with the original group on the whole walkers-vs-people/kill-don't kill debate though, so I'm glad that finally happened as well.

Didn't see Sophia being in the barn as a walker though... That sucks

Amit
November 28th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Seriously? Killing Sophia off? She's not even dead in the comic! Where the fuck is the real plot? Drama hounds need drama. That's what the fuck we got.

DarkHalo003
November 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM
@Amit:

I'm glad they're deviating from the graphic novel simply because it gives me reason to continue watching instead of going out and buying said graphic novel to see what happens next. At least, that's how I see it.

ThePlague
November 28th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I know there's a lot of hate for Shane, but I like him right now. He's the only one that had the balls to get what needed to get done in the first fucking place, instead of herding all of those fucking walkers into a barn and hoping it'll all be okay.

I always kinda thought that Sophia was dead, glad that shits over and done with. But now we get to see what Daryl is going to do, because he said that that was the only thing he had to do.

DarkHalo003
November 28th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Shit, I forgot about Daryl. I hope he stays. He one of the biggest reasons I watch the show in the first place.

I hate Shane now because he's very over-dramatic in an annoying way. He really just sounds ass-mad if anything.

TVTyrant
November 28th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I don't watch this show.

Amit
November 28th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I don't watch this show.

Don't waste my time. I clicked quote after the second spoiler box, anyways.

Nero
February 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Anyway one still watching this? I started last night and I can't get enough. :p

DarkHalo003
February 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I'm going to have to wait for it on Sunday since no where online is really hosting the lastest episode (that I can find).

ThePlague
February 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Last episode was pretty awesome. Let's just say someone dumb got something they deserved (at least I think so, dumb bitch.) and someone is a badass.

Amit
February 15th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Watched Sunday's episode: Rick went off!

Cortexian
February 15th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah the ending of latest episode was awesome.

PenGuin1362
February 16th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Rick became epic bad ass out of no where

Cortexian
February 16th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Not really out of no where, as soon as the one guy started flaunting the pistol he "took off a cop" it probably put Rick on alert

PenGuin1362
February 16th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I mean more so it hasn't really been his style of character through out the show

BobtheGreatII
February 16th, 2012, 05:09 PM
It was an amazingly tense scene all the same. I mean, you kinda knew what was going to happen, but it was like "come on! someone make a move!"

Amit
February 16th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I just didn't think...that Rick would blow the guy's head off and then overkill the next guy. He was clearly dead after two rounds of what looked to be a .357 magnum, but he just had to pop him in the head. I wonder what Herschell thinks now lol.

BobtheGreatII
February 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Pretty sure Herschell is starting to see that he was wrong. I think that Rick over killed the guy out of frustration. The obvious stress and then Herschell being such a downer. Had to let off some steam I guess.

Amit
February 16th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I guess he'll accept it as a way for making up for being such a stubborn fool.

Cortexian
February 17th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I kinda hope they get back on the road again soon. The series is getting stale with no actual objective.

Amit
February 17th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I wish they'd stop fucking the series up with shit that never happened and shit that hasn't happened.

Cortexian
February 17th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Never read the original stuff, so I'm just going off the TV series.

Nero
February 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I think they need to have it a bit stale for a bit. It's being realistic.
Imagine you in that situation, you wouldn't be able to handle the stress of staying on the road, you would hope to find a place to settle. It's a matter of time before they get over run and they go on the run again though.

Oh, Rick's wife is freakin dumb. I don't even feel bad for her.

annihilation
February 17th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Oh, Rick's wife is freakin dumb. I don't even feel bad for her.

This x10000

I just started watching the series last week because AMC was running a series 1 and 2 marathon and I didn't have cable at the time.

So far I love it.

Amit
February 17th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Never read the original stuff, so I'm just going off the TV series.

That reminds me, I need to go download issue 93.

I think they need to have it a bit stale for a bit. It's being realistic.

I don't want it to be realistic I want it to be like what hooked me in the comic.

DarkHalo003
February 18th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Needs some nuclear warheads.

Amit
March 7th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I just finished watching the latest episode. What. The. Fuck. This show refuses to stop producing these moments.

I knew Dale was going to die, but not this early. And he was supposed to be bitten, not ripped open. He would have his leg amputated and would live...for a while longer. Everyone loves Dale. Why kill him off and then spend the two previous episodes on the decision of whether to kill the kid or not. This show is broken.

thehoodedsmack
March 7th, 2012, 06:27 AM
http://penny-arcade.smugmug.com/photos/i-tQbhFXr/0/L/i-tQbhFXr-X2.jpg

StankBacon
March 7th, 2012, 01:37 PM
im glad dale died, fucking whiner.

Amit
March 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
You don't understand...

Cortexian
March 12th, 2012, 04:58 AM
I'm so glad Rick finally did that.

Amit
March 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Fuck Shane. He should have been dead since the middle of the first season.

Cortexian
March 12th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Also, does anyone know why people are getting infected without any bite marks/scratches now?

Amit
March 12th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah, that's fucked. I remember in the comic that a perfectly healthy human being was shot by another and she reanimated a really short time later. I can't remember how they explained it. Those two dead guys on the ground, though. Didn't Rick say he saw scratches?

ChemicalFizz
March 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
There's a theory that what Jenner whispered into Rick's ear in TS-19 is that the entire group is in fact a carrier/infected, it's just that they don't zombify until death. Hence the mandatory blood sample he required for admission into the CDC. This is probably also what Rick was observing in those two dead cops when he and Shane went to drop off Randall in the infested center: they had no bite marks, just scratches.

PlasbianX
March 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM
It's all an alien plot.

DarkHalo003
March 13th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Is the redneck still alive? Also, I heard that whiney bitch chick who shot the redneck is dead.

RedBaron
March 14th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Wrong on both counts.

Amit
March 14th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Is the redneck still alive? Also, I heard that whiney bitch chick who shot the redneck is dead.

Where in the world do you hear these things?

DarkHalo003
March 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Where in the world do you hear these things?
From people who apparently said they saw the show....that or I probably misunderstood something amongst all of the yelling at the lunch table.

Amit
March 14th, 2012, 12:43 PM
The beginning of last Sunday's episode was hilarious. Four of them just go out there and start busting some heads. That last body they took down reminds me of this scene:

dN3v0drnTdQ&hd=1

thehoodedsmack
March 14th, 2012, 01:26 PM
'Cause it's die motherfucker, die motherfucker, still!

Amit
March 14th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Oh yeah, and shit is getting real for the Season Finale.

Finally Shane is fucking dead. For once they did something that actually happened in the comic. Except it was Carl who killed him in the comic and Rick who shot him in the head after he was undead...fucking months later.

DarkHalo003
March 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Glad that shit is dead. He was really becoming annoying in that "I fucking hate that character" sort of sense, kind of like Nina or V.V. from Code Geass.

BobtheGreatII
March 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM
It's weird. I was more sad to know he wasn't going to be on the show anymore. But that drama between the 3 of them really had to come to an end at some point.

Amit
March 14th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Jon Bernthal is a reasonably popular TV actor so I guess they wanted to give him a decent run before ending his role. I don't agree with that. Sean Bean's role in A Game of Thrones is now extremely limited now and he's a greatly acclaimed film and voice actor.

RedBaron
March 15th, 2012, 01:20 AM
I haven't read the comics, but I'm itching to see if Merl ever comes back. For realsies, not hallucination-sies.

I've got a hunch that he may be with the other gang of bad dudes who have a shitload of guns. I'm guessing the main characters will have to deal with that group sooner or later, so things might be interesting...

Amit
March 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Well Sunday's season finale was pretty dope. Also Telltale games are GOING TO FUCK UP THE WALKING DEAD GAME. They did it with Jurassic Park and it seems to be a theme of them: to make shitty games for any good license that is actually given to them.

Watch the trailer: http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TVhRXkhqQE3nlj/video-game-trailer

DarkHalo003
March 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I don't think anyone wants to watch that. In fact, it should be a crime against humanity.

Cortexian
March 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM
If The Walking Dead were to be a video game it would be best as an open world MMORPG. You start off in a small group of NPC survivors and deal with their issues, get them all killed, split up the group, or join with another group based on your decisions. As you progress you could join up with non-NPC groups for more advanced stuff and NPC groups could be scattered around as safe areas.

Who's with me that this would be better then whatever Left 4 Dead remake they're coming up with?

Amit
March 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM
MMORPG? No thanks. A regular RPG? Yes please, but not before just a game with solid events and a steady storyline. It doesn't have to be uber scripted like this Telltale game will be.

dark navi
March 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
If The Walking Dead were to be a video game it would be best as an open world MMORPG. You start off in a small group of NPC survivors and deal with their issues, get them all killed, split up the group, or join with another group based on your decisions. As you progress you could join up with non-NPC groups for more advanced stuff and NPC groups could be scattered around as safe areas.

Who's with me that this would be better then whatever Left 4 Dead remake they're coming up with?

That sounds like a pretty cool idea, I was thinking more like a single-player game like True Crime - Streets of LA, where you are a complete bad ass and do what ever you want.

Cortexian
March 20th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I was thinking an MMORPG would be neat because you could have other survivors more realisticly in the enviroment doing whatever.

Nero
March 20th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I got the game L4D because I stumbled across this show and fell in love.... Sadly it gives off an entirely different vibe.

BobtheGreatII
March 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM
You got L4D to compare to walking dead? Lol. Yeah... I think you would be better off going and playing the old Resident Evil games to get a Walking Dead vibe.

§partan 8
March 20th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Love the show. Never heard of it until three days ago. Two more episodes and all done with both seasons.

Amit
March 21st, 2012, 07:12 PM
I was thinking an MMORPG would be neat because you could have other survivors more realisticly in the enviroment doing whatever.

Indeed, but then it would be either F2P or P2P and I most certainly am not gonna dish out money for a subscription based game again. Unless they do like Guild Wars and don't make you pay after you buy the game. It's better than paying them continuously to fix what they broke in a previous expansion (which you paid for).

Amit
April 25th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah so I played the game. It was garbage. I can't believe they are asking $25 for that. Three hours for $25. Jesus. Like if it was actually a game rather than an interactive story book, it would have been fine. Half of it is on-the-rails, a quarter of it is just general time wasting, and the other quarter is actual gameplay. I didn't expect much, but I thought it'd be much more than this. I understand the graphical style they chose, but I still feel it's too muddy looking. I was playing on the highest settings and in-game it looks as thought it's low settings. I won't go into it too much and let you play it yourself, but what we have here is mostly a children's game with swearing and gore in it. The characters don't give off the serious vibe that the ones in the comic do. They just get angry pretty much. I ran into my fair share of bugs, too. It's still early, though, but I'm just astounded by how short the game is. And there are 6 episodes priced at $25. They really want to cash in on this.

EDIT: I learned last week that I was mistaken. There are actually 5 episodes instead of 6 and all five are included in the $25 cost. That significantly adds value to the package, but quantity can't make up for crap quality.

TeeKup
May 4th, 2012, 12:44 AM
So I'm late to this party, and unfortunately, Netflix only has 6 episodes. But holy damn is this show good.

Amit
May 4th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Netflix only has Season 1? I'd check, but I don't have the interest :D

Just download Season 2. It'll be better than streaming from netflix.

Amit
June 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535872_10151778241785015_505435014_24375767_680326 412_n.jpg

DarkHalo003
June 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
I lol'd.

TPBlinD
June 5th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Issue 98 was fuuuuucked up.

DarkHalo003
July 8th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Finally watched most of Season 1 and all of Season 2.

First off, Lori is annoying as hell at the end of the second season. "OMG GETAWAY FROM ME BCUZ U KILLED THE MAN WHO FUCKED ME EVEN THOUGH YOURE MY HUSBAND AND YOU WERE DOING IT OUT OF SELF DEFENSE AND FOR THE WELL BEING OF THE GROUP. YOU ANIMAL!" Goodness this show makes me hate so many characters, it's unbelievable. Carl was a little brat most of the first season and during the entire second season except towards the ending. THE PARENTS IN THIS SHOW FUCKING SUCK. WHO THE HELL LETS THEIR KIDS ROAM AROUND AN APOCALYPTIC ZOMBIE LAND. This reason alone is why I hated Carol for most of the second season and why Lori is a terrible mother because she can't keep her borderline sociopathic brat of a son on a leash so he doesn't attract random Walkers that kill characters in this show who have a conscience and some intelligence. The entire group as a whole is fucking "broken," like Deryll and Dale both have said, but not because they're split on decisions, but rather because only three of them have any fucking capacity to make intelligent decisions. I didn't feel the least bit concerned that Rick was so fucking pissed at the group at the end of Season 2 because, frankly except for Deryll, Hershell, and T-Dog, they're all fucking stupid.

On a positive note, can't wait for Season 3. I really like how Angela, Carol, and Beth have all shaped up in terms of being characters I can actually stand to watch now on the TV. The Prison is supposed to be very intense plotwise and considering all of the characters from the Comic that aren't existing for the next season, I think it will end up being real interesting.

I still want to know who was Firebombing Atlanta during Season 2.

arbiter901
March 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Anyone still watching this?

DarkHalo003
March 24th, 2013, 08:52 PM
I will, starting Sunday. I didn't have my TV with me for a few months at College/University, so I couldn't really watch it without hounding down a stream. Really interesting season though that definitely makes you wonder where exactly the series is going.

arbiter901
March 24th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Well next sunday is the season finale.

DarkHalo003
March 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Well next sunday is the season finale.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This is the one reason why not having a TV at college is a bad thing.

arbiter901
March 24th, 2013, 09:52 PM
There is other ways of obtaining the entire season. sʇuǝɹɹoʇ

Higuy
March 24th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Finsihed watching this sundays episode, pretty good, but next weeks is what we have all been waiting for

Amit
March 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
There is other ways of obtaining the entire season. sʇuǝɹɹoʇ

A lot of schools block torrents. Mine does, but oddly it opens the ports back up at 10PM on Weekdays and all-access on the weekends.

arbiter901
March 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM
That makes sense really.

Higuy
March 31st, 2013, 05:48 PM
SEASON FINALE TONIGHT! Going to be epic!

DarkHalo003
March 31st, 2013, 06:48 PM
Watching the season until the finale right now on AMC. ZOMG what did I miss?!

arbiter901
March 31st, 2013, 06:52 PM
alot

Amit
April 2nd, 2013, 05:46 AM
So they killed

Andrea

Are they fucking retarded?

They keep killing off all the cool people who actually had prominent roles. They also seem to complete ignore the fact that some of the people they are killing ARE STILL ALIVE IN THE COMIC at this point of the story. Like what the hell? Andrea was supposed to be the super awesome sniper, not the sluthobag they made her out to be in the show. With the end of Woodbury, I thought she'd rejoin Rick's crew and get back to what she was supposed to be doing, but nope. They can't have anything work out the way it's supposed to. They just have to change it for the sake of changing it.

ThePlague
April 2nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
I'm glad Andrea died, she was a fucking idiot and didn't play any important role besides being another Lori. I was waiting for that for a long time.

On another note, fucking carl needs to get back in the prison and stop being a little whiny girl. He should change his name to Sophia, and even then she was better.

DarkHalo003
April 2nd, 2013, 03:12 PM
Her death caught me off-guard and I was kind of hoping she would escape. That said, the entire fucking time I was yelling at my TV "KEEP TRYING TO GRAB THE PLIERS YOU DUMB BITCH. DON'T STOP. GET THE PLIERS ANDREA. GET THE PLIERS ANDREA. GET THE PLIERS ANDREA. YOU CAN FUCKING TALK TO HIM WHILE YOU GET THE PLIERS ANDREA. And with THAT said, I'm glad she died the way she did. I'm okay with the writing and the changes so far, but the ending was kind of fucking confusing. First, HOLY SHIT THE GOVERNOR SNAPPED. Second, where did he go after he basically killed his town? Third, was Rick and them trying to base trade?

Donut
April 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
boy im glad im not into this series, because id be pissed right now after reading the front page recent posts. spoilered text shows up there regardless.

Higuy
April 2nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
To be honest I thought the season finale was very undramatic and un climatic. The whole season built up to this giant fight, just like the comics, and in the end there was nothing. Quite annoyed. It's intresting though, and im wondering where it will go from here.

Amit
April 3rd, 2013, 11:50 AM
It's clear that the agenda of the producers is to take the show in a completely different direction than what made the comic so heart-pumpingly good. They build up these huge crescendos and then just cut it off with no relief. The end of this season should have resulted in a gigantic shootout in the prison that would claim the life of the Governor and push Rick's group out of there. That's how you progress a story. Right now they are just milking the story as long as they can. WTF are they thinking. I lost respect for the show after they made light of Dale's death. They did him a massive unjustice and I have no idea why I didn't think it could happen again. I'm done enjoying this show as the Walking Dead. They should rename the show to People Not Really Killing People.

Masterz1337
April 11th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Apparently Glen Mazzara was outed as Executive Producer because Robert Kirkman (guy who does the comics) wasn't happy with the way this season went. I enjoyed this season for what it was, but I agree this arc of the comics was much better.

Higuy
April 11th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Good. Hopefully things will actually be dealt with much better in season 4.

Amit
April 13th, 2013, 03:04 AM
I posted this on Facebook yesterday: http://io9.com/5989553/6-things-from-the-walking-dead-comic-that-we-need-to-see-on-tv

It was published before the end of season 3, so the insights are interesting. I doubt anyone would have thought that the storyline wouldn't progress in the finale. Surprisingly little happened in the finale to progress the plot considering how many people are now dead.

Cortexian
March 17th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Dat episode, it extracted many feels.

Amit
March 19th, 2014, 02:16 AM
I felt it coming. I felt it so hard I was crying half an hour before it began.

And to think I thought I was going to hate the episode as soon as I saw the intro...

:smithicide:

Higuy
March 19th, 2014, 07:20 AM
I didn't really find it terribly emotional. It had some feels but nothing gut-wretching, the ending was a bit predictable and what happened was foreseen for a while (especially if you read the comics). I wasn't expecting the twist that episode though so it definitely was interesting to watch.

Kornman00
March 21st, 2014, 08:07 PM
I'm with Higuy on the last episode.

Also, hoping SOME kind of details drop happens before the end of the season, like at the end of S01 (well, I guess 'you're infected no matter what' wasn't revealed until S02, but it was technically 'said' in S01). This past season, especially the second half, has been rather boring. But I guess character development is all you can really use as filler for 40mins this far into a show about the zombie apocalypse.

TVTyrant
December 5th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Anyone still watching this show?

Cortexian
December 6th, 2014, 12:55 AM
yes

Higuy
December 11th, 2014, 09:12 AM
unfortunately