PDA

View Full Version : Collision Models

flyingmonkey3
November 9th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Do any of you know how to create a working collision model tag for an object (for example a scenery object) that already has a model tag? If I just create a new collision model tag in Guerilla and compile the map, the object still has no collision.

ejburke
November 9th, 2010, 12:41 PM
The collision model is an actual model that you export from a 3D modeling program, compile as a collision model in tool, and then assign to an object in Guerilla, be it scenery or a biped. To create one for an object that already exists, you would have to use a utility to convert the render model tag to a 3D data file that you can open in a 3d modeling program. Since render models don't have to follow sealed world rules and collision models do, you would probably have to edit the imported render model slightly so that it can function as collision. Export, compile, and it should be ready to go.

flyingmonkey3
November 9th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Ah I see. Thanks!

sleepy1212
November 10th, 2010, 07:22 AM
if you make a new collision model it doesn't have to be exact...for example most weapons have collision models that are just boxes...after export/compiling just swap out the tag reference

flyingmonkey3
November 10th, 2010, 09:20 AM
if you make a new collision model it doesn't have to be exact...for example most weapons have collision models that are just boxes...after export/compiling just swap out the tag reference

Yeah I already knew this but I was wondering if I could give an object it's own "proper" collision. Sometimes when you give an object the collision model of a different object it messes with the behavior of the object. This method is definitely easier though.