PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Lumoria Episode 1 Released

Higuy
November 25th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Well folks, the days of spending all night to work on bsps, encounters, days spent polishing and running lightmaps, trying to figure out whats best for the map and not, is over. Lumoria's first map, TMC_a, is complete.

I have to give major credit to my hard working team and myself who were able to pull this off. I'd like to personally thank Lodex for being the co-lead on this project and helping every step of the way. We all learned so much about Halo, game design, and more. It's definitely been a learning experience.

I'm proud of you all, and you've helped me feel welcome and part of the family.

Team Members:

Team Leads
Higuy
L0d3x
Environments
Higuy
Deehunter
Sheer
Massacre
Conscars ( Skybox )
Animators
Eyeballman68
Shade 117
Scripting
L0d3x
Higuy
Voice Actors
Elle - May, the elite Spartan ll
L0dex - ScareCrow, the pilot of Delta 137
Flibit - Mercenary, captured by the Covenant
Creative Resolve/David Edwards - Brandon, the squad Leader
Dennis - the Scientist, lead of captured team
Tag Editors
Advancebo
Yoko

Special Thanks to the following:

Il Duce Primo
Rooster
Dsalimander
Gamma
teh lag
Sheer
Cass
Elmo
Ganon

Also thanks to Halomaps.org, Modacity.net, and Moddb.com

Thanks to Bungie, Gearbox, and Microsoft Game Studios

Project Lumoria has in been in the works since December 1, 2009. (After Restart)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the map:

Title : Lumoria : Episode 1
Description : Race to save a scientist and uncover the secrets of Lumoria.
Release Date : 11/26/10
Author : TM Mapping Team (see Read Me for list of members, and other people who helped)

Notes:

At the start of the human-covenant war, a new found planet named "Lumoria" was found by a group of scientists. The planet had weird architecture and new wildlife on the planet no one had even knew about. They would later realize that the planet was carved into what it is now by the "Forerunners". However, days after exploring the planet, the covenant made landfall, attacked the scientist ship, and captured them. One of the scientists left a beacon, and you guys picked it up.

You are May, a female Spartan. Bred for combat, built for war.

You and a group of highly trained ODST's are dropped onto the surface of Lumoria for a search and rescue mission.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/118/20478756.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4345/48798414.jpg

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3968/52352596.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/641/26679790.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5862/75518674.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9650/42381636.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5779/77418299.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1185/46826858.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7017/67426247.jpg

(all of the above pictures are suited for Desktop Wallpapers)

Welcome to Lumoria.

<3 TM. Have fun.

P.S Theres an epic legendary ending!

INSTALLATION : Extract the .map file from the archive. Take the file and place it into your Halo Custom Edition/maps directory. Load Halo Custom Edition, and use console to type "map_name tmc_a". The map then loads, and your all set to play! When its over it will load the next single player map you have, if not, you will have to use the console command "quit".

DOWNLOAD LUMORIA :

HALOMAPS : http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5631

Timo
November 25th, 2010, 07:53 PM
If it'll transfer over AIM at a reasonable speed I don't mind uploading it to my FTP if you want it available faster

e: my aim is timo1245

Higuy
November 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I like having the download in one spot; Also my internet timed out 2 times trying to get up to Halomaps. So I don't think so haha.

Higuy
November 25th, 2010, 08:52 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5631

Up for download.

ghk
November 25th, 2010, 10:22 PM
just got done playing.... the scenery was breathtaking ... honestly my only complaint was the cutscenes but other than that....really nice job

POQPrince
November 25th, 2010, 11:54 PM
I finished playing it and it was great!

I do have one question: What is the end of the game? Is it the point in dialog where we are to "meet at a designated place?" After that, I just kept hearing music...and nothing more.

Still...it is a great job!

:-)

Con
November 26th, 2010, 01:36 AM
This was a real treat. Legendary was a bitch with the big gaps between checkpoints so I ended up cheating to replay sections faster (don't take that the wrong way, I just wanted to see what came next). It truly felt like it belonged in Halo. Great fun to play, visuals were nice, good length. Like ghk said the cutscenes were the only thing I could complain about.

I do have one question: What is the end of the game? Is it the point in dialog where we are to "meet at a designated place?" After that, I just kept hearing music...and nothing more.

:-)
Your final cinematic where they jump into the pelican didn't play?

Cagerrin
November 26th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I'm a bit disappointed that the fugly plain wall is still in, but...

Gotta finish it sometime when I don't have to sleep early.

Warsaw
November 26th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Played it. Was quite entertaining and forced the player to use something other than the pistol without removing it entirely. Some constructive crit: ODSTs look cel shaded, ODST dude with shotgun kept stealing my kills, and the ramp with the hunters needs at least two elites on it as well. The boss elite could also be more aggressive.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
November 26th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Played it on Normal.
It was very entertaining, the visuals were stunning.
However, the cutscenes were wonky (especially the last one, May actually got killed in it) and the boss was easier to kill then to get to him (the part on the bridge with the tons of grunts on it with elites and grunts shooting at you on the sides above you ARRGH).
Also, I got stuck on the bottom of the spiraling pre-Xbox Halo ramp part because I got a checkpoint down there, forcing me to use the superjump...
And found some really wierd FOV shit going on when you leave vehicles

Overall, it's an awesome map and I am looking forward to the next one! (Just make it that there are 5 bosses fought at once there =D)

ghk
November 26th, 2010, 11:41 AM
really dumb noob question here...what is the command to make the game play on legendary?

L0d3x
November 26th, 2010, 11:43 AM
game_difficulty_set impossible
After that type:
map_name tmc_a

sleepy1212
November 26th, 2010, 01:47 PM
hey that was a lot of fun, looking forward to the rest...and getting shot during cutscenes lol

"this place is swarming with covenants"

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
November 26th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Ok I've been playing the map on Legendary and found quite a number of easter eggs:

The FRG along with 2 sleeping grunts

And some random lone marine along with an another marine stuck halfway in a Pelican off the ledge directly after the message in the bottom right (Abeyant Revelations)
lolwut

EDIT: came to that guy again after reverting to last checkpoint, now he's wearing camo

EDIT2: found another easter egg, a huge flock of sentinels which is found when you don't go into the structure after the fight at the wall but continue onward

EDIT3: found secret weapon with cheat_all_weapons: Enforcer Gun (red needles and the arcing rockets, doesn't seem to do any damage tho)

Lateksi
November 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Quote from Halomaps: The best singleplayer experience in Halo CE! Everything except a few buggy animations was beautifully executed. Be proud of yourselves.

Warsaw
November 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM
You had a hard time getting to the boss? Shit, I played it on normal, and the marines totally fucked those guys before I could get over there after sniping the Elites.

DarkHalo003
November 26th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I also forgot to mention that the Sentinels were sort of random and out of place. If you make a V2, put Drones in their places instead.

L0d3x
November 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I also forgot to mention that the Sentinels were sort of random and out of place. If you make a V2, put Drones in their places instead.

You don't know the background story. Instead of thinking we randomly threw them in there you could perhaps wonder why they are there doing what they are doing...remember that there is going to be a second episode.

Con
November 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I think the drones should have made more appearances. The place they showed up in wasn't that fun for a drone fight. I think they'd go well in those rooms from AotCR. Sentinels were a nice addition though.

Warsaw
November 27th, 2010, 03:05 AM
I think pushing the button to release the Sentinels was one of the highlights. Definitely haven't seen that before.

Cagerrin
November 27th, 2010, 04:36 AM
I think pushing the button to release the Sentinels was one of the highlights. Definitely haven't seen that before.
Would've been cooler, I think, if they(or an enforcer, though that might be a bit powerful for that encounter) had risen out of the floor on the other side of the glass. Still, it was pretty good.

Played through earlier, was fairly impressed. That said, I wish Halo had some way to enable subtitles, because either the voices were really quiet, or they were... out of character.

(also there's a bunch of things architecture-wise that I don't like much, if it's unprotected I'd love to mess with the geometry a bit, is that alright?)

TeeKup
November 27th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Trying it right now. Been looking forward to this.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
November 27th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Found anime girl pic lol

Not telling u where it is :P

L0d3x
November 27th, 2010, 07:03 AM
(also there's a bunch of things architecture-wise that I don't like much, if it's unprotected I'd love to mess with the geometry a bit, is that alright?)

It's unprotected so do with it as you wish.

DarkHalo003
November 27th, 2010, 11:01 AM
You don't know the background story. Instead of thinking we randomly threw them in there you could perhaps wonder why they are there doing what they are doing...remember that there is going to be a second episode.
I just thought their inclusion was a bit random though; then again, the planet wasn't recently colonized and only discovered fairly late, so I guess it could make sense. I wish the background story was more present in the level; story is definitely something that needs to be improved upon for Episode 2. But you all know this already.

Also, was placing in the animations and dialogue considerably difficult? When I finally get 3ds Max next year (when I'm in college and can obtain a student version) I want to begin working on the tangible project that I have been dubbing Project 3 for over several months now (explaining for those people who think I'm a shirker who does nothing productive in this engine).

Shock120
November 27th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Not only do I like this, but so does my PC. :D

Higuy
November 27th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Also, was placing in the animations and dialogue considerably difficult? When I finally get 3ds Max next year (when I'm in college and can obtain a student version) I want to begin working on the tangible project that I have been dubbing Project 3 for over several months now (explaining for those people who think I'm a shirker who does nothing productive in this engine).

No, it was just time consuming.

L0d3x
November 27th, 2010, 12:25 PM
The story doesn't need improvement, it just needs to be more present. I explained this in my previous post to you DH.

Futzy
November 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM
gsdkjgs need to install halo

DarkHalo003
November 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
The story doesn't need improvement, it just needs to be more present. I explained this in my previous post to you DH.
Sorry, I meant the telling of the story needs improvement (rushing affects results I understand), which you guys already know (since you've both told me over and over again). I just said I personally thought it was random at first glance. Nothing more nothing less.

=sw=warlord
November 29th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Congratulations on being noticed by urk. (http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid29876)

supersniper
November 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM
after reading all these reviews, i'm definately going to download this right now.

Kornman00
November 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Congratulations on being noticed by urk. (http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid29876)
More like having UXB submit a news article to urk. urk only scours the internet for weak sauce and hot dogs. Lumoria isn't weak sauce.

Good to see this on the b.net front page though.

L0d3x
November 29th, 2010, 06:15 PM
SPOILERS: Do not view below images if you have yet to complete Lumoria: Episode 1!!!!!

Here are a few screenshots that illustrate my adventures on Lumoria:

The beauty of War:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3333/beautyofwar.png

Cave Giants:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/572/insidecave.png

Mystery of Lumoria:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6210/mysteryoflumoria.png

Clash of Heroes:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1558/clashofheroes2.png

Con
November 29th, 2010, 08:04 PM
That last picture: :aaaaa:

Ifafudafi
November 29th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Pff, Bungie never linked to my mod >:X

played it, loved it; eagerly awaiting the next portion.

ThePlague
November 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I was going to put up my first time playing it (recorded the whole thing), but it ended up being ~50 minutes. Pretty good, but the cutscenes were pretty bad, and imo the voice acting seemed out of place. The map itself was great, as was the encounters.

Warsaw
November 29th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I felt like I could bumrush through the level a bit too easily, though I'm chalking that up to Mr. "I Have a Shotgun and You Ain't Got One."

BobtheGreatII
December 1st, 2010, 04:07 AM
It was a fantastic mod to play through. Lots of fun. I think the only problem with the voice acting was a lack of emotion and proper events for dialog. Just was enough off that it seemed out of place.

TeeKup
December 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
I enjoyed how the Elite (Ultra?) tried weaving in and out of cover at the end, instead of just aimlessly charging me like the rest of the AI. A few of the Forerunner surfaces were bland and voice acting could be better. Fun overall though.

Hotrod
December 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM
I enjoyed how the Elite (Ultra?) tried weaving in and out of cover at the end, instead of just aimlessly charging me like the rest of the AI.
Really? For me, all he did was charge up to my ODST ally and did nothing more than slap him across the face a few times. It's as though I didn't even exist :/ And this was on Heroic too.

Higuy
December 19th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Not sure if anyone has seen what I talked about over at Halomaps, but were working on an update thats going to fix various things, including the cutscenes (which are already complete, view them below)

e3mWq4_T1Z0

V0Ej3LP115I

These were done by our new cinematic director Matt Dratt. The last one also dosen't seem to be as updated. We have a small addition on the end and the camera movement is fixed a few places. :downs:

dark navi
December 22nd, 2010, 01:11 AM
Man, that voice acting is.. erm, awesome. *cough*

Never the less, this stuff looks great.

Necr0matic
December 26th, 2010, 08:24 PM
3 Weapon's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct9KfqwLjxk)

^^

No idea what I did, I was switching weapons (You know, just to waste time) and this happened after the cut scene.

No idea why I recorded it though. Great work on the map guys, that Revenant-like vehicle looked as if it belonged in H1's campaign., and the layout of the whole Lumoria reminded me so much what Bungie did in H1-2, great stuff. One question though, in the upcoming maps, will Legendary be harder? Since for me, it seemed a little "Too Easy (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Easy)".

Hotrod
December 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah, same thing happened with me with the three weapon thing..it was weird

And I was sad that we couldn't drive the Covenant vehicle thingy, whatever it was called.

DarkHalo003
December 27th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, same thing happened with me with the three weapon thing..it was weird

And I was sad that we couldn't drive the Covenant vehicle thingy, whatever it was called.
You can if you remove the script/command that says you can't. However, be careful when switching the weapon up in other content because it can cause a malfunction that only gives you an extra seat to sit in and AI won't dig it.

Cortexian
January 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Just finished it, the level itself was fun but the voice acting and cinematics weren't the greatest. I suggest you redo the ending animation so Brandon exerts A LOT more visible effort to pull May onto the Pelican. Honestly, I'd just make it look more like May pulls herself on board and Brandon steadies her. I really doubt a single ODST could easily lift up a Spartan in armor.

Brandon needs a manly man voice actor.

Pooky
January 6th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Get a voice actor for May that sounds like a serious military woman, not an innocent flower girl.

Higuy
January 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Just saying this now, there is a precedent left in the first episode when it comes to the voice actors themselves; it'd be stupid to change the actual actors, (since they'd sound different) but I'm going to try as much as I can to improve the quality and mood of each character.

And Freelancer, check out the 2 videos I had posted a few posts above yours; their the new cut-scenes in the update were creating.

Cortexian
January 6th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Yea I saw them, the line "May, I'm counting on you" needs to change. I mean, she's a Spartan, peak of human warfighting prowess. It should go without saying that they're counting on her, that line needs to be changed to something funny or bad ass.

Warsaw
January 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM
"Get it done yesterday" might work.

Amit
January 20th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I just thought about this: why don't you guys use Spartan 094's ODST tags? Or are those ripped? I can't remember.

DarkHalo003
January 20th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I just thought about this: why don't you guys use Spartan 094's ODST tags? Or are those ripped? I can't remember.
They're ripped I'm positive, but they're good for rips. In other words, the shaders and rig are very well done.

Amit
January 20th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Yes they are. That is why I would suggest using those in Ep.2. I guess the team is going for a fully unripped mod?

Higuy
January 21st, 2011, 04:47 PM
Quite frankly no, the HEV Droppods and the large red cedar trees were actually ripped from Halo 2 and just brushed up by me, along with the original Halo 2 ODST's in Lumoria.

I also like Spartan 094's ODST's, however they don't feel Halo 1 compatible at all. Not saying their bad; they really do look pretty good.

Spartan094
January 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
I also like Spartan 094's ODST's, however they don't feel Halo 1 compatible at all. Not saying their bad; they really do look pretty good.

You said they stand out to much lol which they do, the only way they will not feel they stand out is upgrade every single thing and texture.

But yeah I'll probably do the H3:ODST and get them in permu's and release it since I don't have much for use for them and they don't go into Lumoria. I just wanted to give ODST Brandon a actual character to him so lol.

Rentafence
January 22nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
I just played this last night and wow. Aside from the voice acting and cutscenes, it felt like a legitimate campaign map. The encounter with the 2 hunters, jackals, and the buggers was a bit annoying because of the lack of an intermediate save point between that and the next encounter in the valley.

Oh, also, story related question. Why did I have to fight on foot all the way through mountains and valleys and alien complexes where the was a goddamn hole in the ceiling of the big shaft at the end of the map (where a spirit drops off reinforcements ffs), rather than get dropped off by a pelican in that same hole in the ceiling?

Higuy
January 22nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
I just played this last night and wow. Aside from the voice acting and cutscenes, it felt like a legitimate campaign map. The encounter with the 2 hunters, jackals, and the buggers was a bit annoying because of the lack of an intermediate save point between that and the next encounter in the valley.

Oh, also, story related question. Why did I have to fight on foot all the way through mountains and valleys and alien complexes where the was a goddamn hole in the ceiling of the big shaft at the end of the map (where a spirit drops off reinforcements ffs), rather than get dropped off by a pelican in that same hole in the ceiling?

Becuase its a game!

Warsaw
January 25th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Because that would make for a very short level indeed.