PDA

View Full Version : The Ashes

Bodzilla
November 26th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Lol England did you even send your cricket team or are these guys phonies.

Hat-trick bowling, 260 on a batting pitch on the first day, the best day for batting and now Micheal hussey is on track for 200 runs, and haddins on track for 150.

(their batting partnership is greater then englands entire score)

Lollin

Limited
November 26th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Just you wait!!

To be honest though it's what 5 weeks worth? Hope your guys don't burn out. I say we are just having a shakey start!

I don't mind losing, obviously I'd like to win but Aussie is a great team, least they aren't fraudsters and cheaters like Pakistan lol

Bodzilla
November 26th, 2010, 11:52 PM
lol Paki's Or completely and utterly corrupt like the indian cricket board.

But ur going down Pommy

Bodzilla
November 27th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Australia 200 runs ahead of england, bout na hour of play left.

Declare ponting you prick lets get at the pom top order

Futzy
November 27th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I dont even understand these words.

iizahsum
November 27th, 2010, 11:44 AM
^http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

Futzy
November 27th, 2010, 11:50 AM
So they draw a line in the sand, hit a ball, and run back and forth as fast as they can?

Limited
November 27th, 2010, 12:34 PM
So they draw a line in the sand, hit a ball, and run back and forth as fast as they can?
The idea of the game is to hit a very hard ball, at the spectators...seriously, pretty funny when you think about it.

Its just another sport us English invented, and over time have become shit at...

Bodzilla
November 27th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Trust me when i say this, people might go on about cricket being boring, but those people are doing it wrong.

The way to watch cricket is have the TV going on in the backround while your relaxing after i nice afternoon roast dinner, beer in hand on a sunday afternoon.
You may go to sleep every now and then and rest, but you can catch up very quickly.

And believe me i've seen a few baseball games.
it takes fucking 5 minutes between balls pitched.

What the fuck is that shit.

Cortexian
November 27th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Canadian sports are the only sports worth watching.

Futzy
November 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM
No sports are worth watching. Only playing.

Limited
November 27th, 2010, 05:44 PM
No sports are worth watching. Only playing.
Mud wrestling.

Timo
November 27th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'll easily watch a one dayer or a 20 20, but I think tests are just stupid.

Phobias
November 27th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I'll easily watch a one dayer or a 20 20, but I think tests are just stupid.

GTFO. :gtfo:

Limited
November 28th, 2010, 03:28 PM
309 for 1...What? England back in it.

Bodzilla
November 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM
they aint in shit, they're playing for a drawer

which is super fucking lame.

Cook Good batsmen??? or just a guy that spend 4 days out on the pitch to do something other guys do in a couple hours.

you cant win a testmatch when you have 2 days left, and your down 230 runs if your over-rate is 2 runs an over.

England should of been in one day mode, because now the aussies will either chase it OR just force the drawer backed on your decision to be boring.

Bodzilla
November 28th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Just checked it, and what do you know england's still batting and we are halfway through the last day.

BORING.

Limited
November 28th, 2010, 07:36 PM
E: Whats boring about us being 409 - 1?

Bodzilla
November 28th, 2010, 07:39 PM
because yas cant bowl out the australian team in half a day thats what.

You mutts didnt even try to win, you just tried to drawer.

No Balls, no heart.

Limited
November 28th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Its 409 - 1, you CLEARLY cannot get any of our wickets.

Lol England did you even send your cricket team or are these guys phonies.
Hat-trick bowling, 260 on a batting pitch on the first day, the best day for batting and now Micheal hussey is on track for 200 runs, and haddins on track for 150.
(their batting partnership is greater then englands entire score)
Lollin
Cook 184, Trott 93, our guys are on track to level with your guys batting, which you were obviously boasting about...

Bodzilla
November 28th, 2010, 07:49 PM
yeah but we where still playing to WIN

not to drawer.

Pontings a fucking nobhead for not declaring earlier but it's still Boring as Fuck to watch that kind of cricket limited.
Whats the point of batting 2 days to DRAWER???

Go hard or go home tbh england.

and yeah our selectors fucked up pretty bad with the bowlers

=sw=warlord
November 28th, 2010, 07:58 PM
yeah but we where still playing to WIN

not to drawer.

Pontings a fucking nobhead for not declaring earlier but it's still Boring as Fuck to watch that kind of cricket limited.
Whats the point of batting 2 days to DRAWER???

Go hard or go home tbh england.

and yeah our selectors fucked up pretty bad with the bowlers
you sound a little mad.:downs:
If our team are only playing to draw and you guys are playing to win I wonder what would happen if we were to decide to play for keeps.
Almost like a cat toying with a mouse really.:raise:

Limited
November 28th, 2010, 08:17 PM
The object of test cricket is to take 10 wickets twice, this is a battle of pride. You can understand the rivalry, if we have a chance to spank you, we will take it gloriously, just like you would to us.

We want to give the monies worth fans who have paid to watch.

You sound pretty bitter Bod, perhaps because we have the ashes at the moment?

Bodzilla
November 29th, 2010, 02:43 AM
No because i actually like a match of cricket rather then a blockfest failure.

If england did this first inning's i would of bravo'd them, because i like a contest, it would of put the squeeze on australia and told them to ya'know, start selecting players that arn't crippled ( Clarke ) or Really outta form, and just all round bad ( all the bowlers + Ponting).

Siddles Hat-trick was luck.

However to bat as they have in the 2nd innings is just pathetic because they havnt tried to win the game at all. all they did was just let their batters get a higher average, and a worse strike rate.

TL: DR It's just not cricket.

TVTyrant
November 30th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I'm still not understanding any of this...

Aussies are winning or losing?

Bodzilla
November 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
It was a Draw.

england didnt have the balls to go for a win, stalled for time and the test ran outta time.

Phobias
December 1st, 2010, 12:15 AM
If you can't win, make sure no-one else can win either.

Fuck the English cricket team and fuck the Australian bowlers.

Limited
December 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM
If you can't win, make sure no-one else can win either.

Fuck the English cricket team and fuck the Australian bowlers.
We only need to draw the whole tournament to keep the ashes, although I don't like that mindset, I feel we need to go and win it. Getting a draw overall will be a very lame and boring result.

Limited
December 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Australia were 3 for 2 at one point :neckbeard:

All out for 245, pretty good result for England, Ponting out for a duck again, bahaha.

Bodzilla
December 4th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Australian Cricketers do not make great selectors.

Australia has the depth and talent to take it... but it's going to be a repeat of last time in england i'm afraid. The guys in the team we need wont get selected because they arn't quite clicky enough to fit with the others.

Timo
December 6th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Congrats England, those were some quick wickets

Limited
December 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Oh uh, in your face Bod.

One more test win and England retain the ashes :D

Maniac
December 9th, 2010, 08:16 PM
So, it played for 4 days and was a draw? lol

Bodzilla
December 10th, 2010, 12:10 AM
5. thats because england scrubbed out on us and didnt have the balls to go for the win.

In the next test though i have to say bravo to england Completely smashed us. hopefully the selectors wake the FUCK UP

Limited
December 10th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I think its really cheap that you can add people to the squad halfway through the tournament. No other sport that I can think of allows you to, you generally have to declare your squad for the event and its final. Scrubbed out on you? I thought we had won one of the tests. Hence why its 1 draw 1 win to England.

Selectors havent got it wrong bod, you've just been out classed in the batting. Wasn't it 3 wickets for the same amount of runs in the last Aussie innings? Pontings has been absolutely shocking, yes Strauss has been out for a few abismole scores but wow, way to lead your team Ponting :)

Bodzilla
December 16th, 2010, 04:52 PM
you just said the selectors haven't got it wrong, then went on to say how shockingly bad ponting has been.

???????????

look at rugby. i've seen them pick squads of 30-40 players and get the individuals they want per game. so moot point.
are you worried about facing an in form well selected australian side??
you wanna say we're cheap???

BODYLINE.

Limited
December 16th, 2010, 05:16 PM
you just said the selectors haven't got it wrong, then went on to say how shockingly bad ponting has been.

???????????

look at rugby. i've seen them pick squads of 30-40 players and get the individuals they want per game. so moot point.
are you worried about facing an in form well selected australian side??
you wanna say we're cheap???

BODYLINE.
What I mean by it, is perhaps the selectors played a part in why Aussie has done so badly. Yet the players you've played have the capability and the talent. 69 for 5? Thats shocking.

Its pretty much in the bag already though.

Bodzilla
December 17th, 2010, 03:16 AM
thats a contradiction limited.

and well no ponting is past his best, clark is injured with a broken back and johnson is a tear-away pace bowler that can be expensive to bowl but when he's bowling well you can tolerate it because he's quick enough and dangerous enough to get wickets.
at the moment however he's bowling slightly faster then Glen mcgrath bowled, he's getting smacked around the park and he hasn't done a thing in 12 months.

Australia is coming off it's biggest loosing streak in decades and it cant be just a spot of bad luck.
new bloods needed and needed fucking badly.

i mean we lost to zimbabwe for fucks sake

ZIMBABWE

up untill this year they had never ever won a series in australia. WHAT THE FUCK

Limited
December 19th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Gotta admit Aussie played well in that last test. Looking like they might be getting some form.

Have to laugh at Pontings 'possible broken finger' thats bullshit, they just want him out the team :D

Limited
December 26th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Bump, we just brutallity hammered Aussie in the cricket haha.

Australia 98 - All Out vs England 157 - NON OUT.

Unbelievable score, the best score for English vs Aussie since 1968. The Australian power man Hussey was out just for 8, Ponting completed another abysmal score of just 10 runs.

The Ashes right now, are just finger tips away for England, I quite frankly cannot see Australia getting this one back.

Bodzilla
December 26th, 2010, 07:20 PM
at this time i'd like to thank the australian selectors for picking another terrific in form batting line up.

Limited
December 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
at this time i'd like to thank the australian selectors for picking another terrific in form batting line up.
Selectors or not, does Australia not have any decent players? Your selectors may get it wrong, not picked the best team. But how can your whole team be constantly not on form. When they've had months to prepare.

You cant even use the the excuse of travel/jet lag, because its your home turf.

Bodzilla
December 27th, 2010, 04:29 PM
you've got a weird sense of logic.

look at the track record of australia for the last year.
it aint pretty. It's just the selectors have got a buddy buddy club and it happens to be that the australian team as it stands is in the buddy club. Ponting is still listened to by the selectors, even though his average for the past year could hardly be more then 20 runs. and he's supposed to be the number 1 batsmen in the side. and looking back a few years we had some incredible batsmen and bowlers, Stuart Clarke, Stuart McGill, shaun marsh (you know the highest run scorer for the IPL league with an average of like fucking 80 or something rediculous) yet these good players cant get runs in the aussie team because they're not in the buddy club.

England will take anyone from anywhere to play in their teams, theres the age old saying "well his mother owned a corgi, thats pommy enough to be in the england side" yet australia's fuckign stupid when it comes to selectors.

Watson is good, Hussey has come good haddins still good, but australias top order is a fucking joke.

Limited
December 27th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Figured I'd quote you.

they aint in shit, they're playing for a drawer
which is super fucking lame.
Cook Good batsmen??? or just a guy that spend 4 days out on the pitch to do something other guys do in a couple hours.
you cant win a testmatch when you have 2 days left, and your down 230 runs if your over-rate is 2 runs an over.

England should of been in one day mode, because now the aussies will either chase it OR just force the drawer backed on your decision to be boring.
How many maidens did Australia get when we were bowling? A ton.

Bodzilla
December 27th, 2010, 08:47 PM
what are you even talking about. it's like you speak a different language >_<

Limited
December 28th, 2010, 04:05 PM
what are you even talking about. it's like you speak a different language >_<
...You do know what a maiden is...right?

Okay Bod if your selectors did such a bad job, what players should have played?

Bodzilla
December 28th, 2010, 04:24 PM
the australia a wicket keeper should have been in there to bat, shaun marsh, brett lee and micheal beer.

Limited
December 28th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Its all over, England win and retain the ashes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/9325266.stm

Bodzilla
December 28th, 2010, 08:03 PM
looks like ponting has played his last series

=sw=warlord
December 28th, 2010, 10:04 PM
looks like ponting has played his last series
Beaten on your own home turf...how embarrassing.:realsmug:

Bodzilla
December 28th, 2010, 11:38 PM
you'd know, the whole reason it's called the ash's is because australia dominated england at home and it was heralded as the death of english cricket

derp.

Limited
December 29th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah the pivotal word being was. It is the first time England has won the ashes back to back for 24 years. That does indeed mean Australia were dominating us, past tense of course :)

Cortexian
December 30th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I've been reading through this thread and I still don't know what it's about...

=sw=warlord
December 31st, 2010, 06:00 AM
I've been reading through this thread and I still don't know what it's about...
Look it up then.
Simple solution.