PDA

View Full Version : winter's here and won't stop reminding me.

=sw=warlord
December 1st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Looks like I'm going to be snowed in for the week end.
Over here in the UK we've been getting near non stop snow and where I live there isn't any public transportation going.
yesterday I was watching cars slide down the hill.
Here's what it looks like outside currently.:ugh:
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8282/15567948156952324058376.jpg

Rob Oplawar
December 1st, 2010, 10:00 AM
:< Here's what Colorado looks like right now:
http://www.dickgilbert.com/I-70cams.htm
The places that actually have snow are wayyy up in the mountains. Everywhere else we still haven't even had the first snow of the season (which we normally have in mid October). wtf. I'm sad.

=sw=warlord
December 1st, 2010, 10:03 AM
I would much rather have a winter where it just rained at a steady temperature at about 10*C instead of absolutely shitting the place up with snow and ice.
I know alot of people who simply can't get out of their homes, I've had to phone a interviewer up because I can't get to a interview tomorrow morning.

Pyong Kawaguchi
December 1st, 2010, 10:44 AM
No snow here :(

paladin
December 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM
2" completely shut down the puget sound. i call kornman as my witness

cheezdue
December 1st, 2010, 11:28 AM
Texas is too bi-polar with its weather to have any snow.

Kornman00
December 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM
^

Then rain came down to the rescue and washed it all away. Out came the sun then dried it all away. Party cloudy this weekend with very, very low chance of rain 8).

Oh, and the itsy bitsy spider when up the spout again. Didn't want to leave anyone on the edge of their seats.

Hotrod
December 1st, 2010, 11:42 AM
It's raining here right now :/

annihilation
December 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
It's been cold and rainy the past couple of weeks; it's usually around 30*F at night and upper 40's to lower 50's during the day.

k4is3rxkh40s
December 1st, 2010, 03:37 PM

This.

Was absolutely bullshit.

Although donuts are fun.

ThePlague
December 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM
Never snows where I live, just cold weather :( It snows up in Flagstaff, but it's pretty crappy compared to other states.

Donut
December 1st, 2010, 04:56 PM
Although donuts are fun.
what can i say? im a party animal.

seriously though, its just been cold enough here to piss everyone off, but not cold enough for snow. it was raining all day today. im looking forward to snow. strange thing is, about a month ago we had snow. apparently it made national news? idk.

Guardian
December 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM
Yay Summer! :D

Rob Oplawar
December 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM
Frackin upsidedownians

Cortexian
December 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM
It's been winter here for at least four weeks already. That's okay, lots of mountain skiing fun now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uY_NPtNGSw
That was last week, AFTER a big snowfall. Still looks mostly like that but it's kinda melted and slushy now since we haven't had any more -25/-30 days with snow yet. Also, chinook winds are awesome, you don't even know.

=sw=warlord
December 1st, 2010, 07:01 PM
That was last week, AFTER a big snowfall. Still looks mostly like that but it's kinda melted and slushy now since we haven't had any more -25/-30 days with snow yet. Also, chinook winds are awesome, you don't even know.

I actually do...I lived in Southampton 16 years of my life and I currently reside in Lincolnshire which also has a airforce base which sends regular exercises out.

Cortexian
December 1st, 2010, 07:03 PM
Uh, how does any of that have anything to do with chinook winds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind)? Way to be on the ball there.

=sw=warlord
December 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM
Uh, how does any of that have anything to do with chinook winds (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind)? Way to be on the ball there.
when I hear someone say Chinook my first thought is the helicopter.

Cortexian
December 1st, 2010, 11:50 PM
Why would your first thought of a word be something that it isn't... The Chinook helicopters were named AFTER the weather type lol. Eh, I guess if you didn't live in a place that has chinooks (very few cities or towns get them) it's not a very common thing to discuss or talk about.

Futzy
December 2nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
That is snow. I don't have snow here. I don't like snow. The last time I was in snow I fell on a cactus.

TeeKup
December 3rd, 2010, 02:19 AM
^ Rather uncomfortable.

Typical South Carolina winter weather includes typical low temperature, high winds, lots of rain. When it does get cold enough to snow it doesn't...it just drops ICE EVERYWHERE. No snow, only ice. Last year my towns roads were layered in like an inch of ice.

Cortexian
December 3rd, 2010, 02:49 AM
Hail is awesome. There was a golf-ball sized hail storm last year and people are still driving dented vehicles around lol