PDA

View Full Version : Modacity BC2 Platoon (BC2 $20 on Steam)

Pages : [1] 2

Amit
December 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
*** Bad Company 2 is going for $5.00US $20 on Steam Today Only! (July 2nd, 2011) ***

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/amit9821/Capture-13.png (http://store.steampowered.com/sale/badcompany2_199)
Click the Image For The Deal!

Make sure you pick up a copy or two and join us in the Official Modacity Battlefield Platoon!

Alright ladies and gents, what I've got here are running lists of people who play Bad Company 2 on PC, X360, and PS3. What I need you guys to do, if you own the game, is make a post that includes your in-game alias, the platform you play on, and the time zone you are in. Once we have a decent number of people on the list, we will try to create events where we can all roll together depending on what time zones people are in. We may have multiple sessions for an event to cater to people in time zones of drastic difference to North America.

Note: This group is mainly for PC players. I don't think there are many console players here. Depending on how many people sign up on those lists, there may not be events to play unless somebody who plays the game on the console wants to organize their own events. Sorry.

This should help you find your time zone if you don't know it: World Time Zone Map (http://www.worldtimezone.com/)

I'll go first.

In-game: Delphi Two-Six
Platform: PC
Time Zone: GMT-5 (Eastern Standard Time)

Member Lists:

PC
=SW=Warlord | =SW=Warlord | Greenwich Mean Time
AbduRahman | Abdu-Ramen | GMT-8
Aerowyn | [GA] Aerowyn | GMT-5
Amit | Delphi Two-Six | GMT-5
Caboos001 | Recon V17 | GMT-8
Cagerrin | cagerrin | GMT-8
Cheezdue | Radiated Spoon | GMT -6
CN3089 | CN_brosef | GMT-5
DELTA_011692 | DELTA_011692 | GMT-5
ejburke | SmokePants | GMT-5
ExAm | BestProduceEver | GMT-8
Freelancer | Xero852 | GMT-7
Guardian | TC-Guardian | GMT+12
hobojoe | ~S9~HoboJoe | GMT-8
ICEE | Red Walrus | GMT-8
Ifafudafi | Ifafudafi | GMT-6
MrBig | Mr Kwatz | GMT-?
MXC | MXCoriginal | GMT -6
Phopojijo | Phopo Jijo | GMT-5
Pyong | ? | GMT-?
SeanTheLawn | SeanTheLawn | GMT-5
t3h m00kz | t3h m00kz | GMT-8
ThePlague | TearShade or Jubal Early BH | GMT-7
Timo | zTimo | GMT+12
TVTyrant | TVTyrant | GMT-8
Warsaw | Von Krupp | GMT-5
Please join the Battlefield Modacity Steam Group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/battlefieldmodacity) and use it to coordinate adding people to your in-game friends list.

X360
Caboos001 | Recon V17 | GMT-8
TeeKup | TeeKup | GMT-5
Warsaw | Von Krupp | GMT-5

BF3 Alpha Trial

PC
Amit | gordon9821 | GMT-5
Cheezdue | ? | GMT-6
ExAm | cabbageofdiscord | GMT-8
ThePlague | tearshade | GMT-7
Pyong | guyaneseroyboy | GMT-?
Seanthelawn | ? | GMT-?

TeeKup
December 11th, 2010, 03:32 PM
360. My times can be sporadic depending on when I work. Typically sometime around 2 - 3 pm/am (go into work at 5pm typically get off at 2-3 am)

Amit
December 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM
360. My times can be sporadic depending on when I work. Typically sometime around 2 - 3 pm/am (go into work at 5pm typically get off at 2-3 am)

I'm assuming your in-game name is TeeKup?

Cagerrin
December 11th, 2010, 04:01 PM
In, if I can get past the please wait spinner(apparently BC2 hates xp64)

Cagerrin | cagerrin | GMT-8

Cortexian
December 11th, 2010, 05:05 PM
PC, Xero852

RedBaron
December 11th, 2010, 05:56 PM
PC, DELTA_011692, GMT -5

Cortexian
December 11th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I'm GMT -7 if that really matters.

Amit
December 11th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Time zones are really only to take into consideration the people who live in Europe or other regions of the world, like those down under in Aussie land. Time zone differences prevent a lot of people from getting on at certain times because it would be like 4 in the morning for them. If you're in North America, you're fine.

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 01:12 AM

Gamer Tag: Von Krupp

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)

Working on getting PC version as well.

TeeKup
December 12th, 2010, 01:22 AM
I'm assuming your in-game name is TeeKup?

Yes.

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Amit, edited time zone to GMT -5.

ICEE
December 12th, 2010, 01:03 PM
My EA account name is Red Walrus. I play on PC. US west coast time zone

Amit
December 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM
My EA account name is Red Walrus. I play on PC. US west coast time zone

Great, but I all I need is the name of the character you show up as in the Scoreboard. I don't need your EA account name.

ICEE
December 12th, 2010, 04:06 PM
That's it. Red Walrus.

Amit
December 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Excellent.

hobojoe
December 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Platform: PC

EA Account: ~S9~HoboJoe

Time Zone: GMT-8/ West Coast

Great to see some activity on this game again.

Caboos001
December 12th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Time Zone: GMT-8/ West Coast

Platform: XBox 360

Gamer Tag: Recon V17

Looking to have some fun

ExAm
December 13th, 2010, 07:12 PM
PC

ID: BestProduceEver

Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8)

Cortexian
December 14th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Played with BestProduceEver once.

ICEE
December 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM
so did I. I don't think he knew how to walk, he stayed in a helo the entire time. He also must not have known how to cap, because he only hovered over our capture point, firing down on us the entire game. :v:

ExAm
December 15th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Surely it wasn't an uncap. I shoot down teammates who do that. And I'm not in charge of what my pilot dies if I'm gunning.

ICEE
December 15th, 2010, 01:32 PM
You could have just hopped out :)

ExAm
December 15th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I'm still not sure what you're talking about, I didn't fire on any uncaps.

Amit
December 15th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Well, now that's settled.

We have seven guys for the PC. One more and we'll have two squad spots filled already. What I'm going for is four squads of four people. Sixteen total. Of course I hope for many more than this number to sign up since I'm quite sure that not everyone will be available at the same time. So, the more the merrier! Also, once we do start to join servers as a group, we will most likely not all be able to make it on to the same team unless the server is quite empty. That's no a problem. We can just organize certain times people linger at the main menu (while logged in) so we can add each other to our friend lists. After that is done, a single person from the predetermined squads will join the same server, create a squad (and lock it), and then their squad mates can join into the squad through the friends list (the lock only applies to people who don't join the squad through the friend list). It might also be a good idea to cycle members through squads so that everyone has the opportunity to play with each as a squad.

Should be fun, but I sort of see us in the future ditching that plan and just joining any squad you know Modacity members are in. Also, we could just find an empty server and personalize the battle by doing Modacity only battles. Which means that Two squads are on each team...and any other people (that we know) that want to play.

Cortexian
December 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
We should come up with a tag for easy identification while playing as a Modacity group.

[MBP] for Modacity Bad company Platoon maybe?
or
[MBCP] if you're picky.

Amit
December 15th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I like that idea. [MBP] seems good, but [MBCP] seems like too much. I like [MOD] too, but it seems like somebody would have used that by now.

Cortexian
December 15th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Yea I figured anything with MOD in it would be pretty common and four characters I think is to long.

iizahsum
December 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
why not make it stand for Modacity Battlefield Platoon, since there is more than one battlefield game...

Amit
December 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I guess, that works. Anyone still got BF2 and BF2142? I played a lot of BF2 back in the day but last year I got back into BF2142. Since March it's been mostly BC2 for me.

Cortexian
December 15th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I had cracked versions of both A LONG time ago, don't anymore though. Especially not after that fiasco where 2142 leaves spyware on your system when you uninstall.

Amit
December 15th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I had cracked versions of both A LONG time ago, don't anymore though. Especially not after that fiasco where 2142 leaves spyware on your system when you uninstall.

Ha luckily I never installed it on any of the more recent machines I've used. I had a cracked version of BF2 as well a real long time ago but I loved the multiplayer combat so I just handed over the $30 to play it. One of the best decisions in gaming I've ever made. COD4 was one of those too, except I skipped the crack and bought the game. I bought COD2 on steam and had high expectations for COD4 multiplayer.

Warsaw
December 16th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Yea I figured anything with MOD in it would be pretty common and four characters I think is to long.

How about [MDC]? Not liking MBP since that's the acronym for a certain laptop.

Timo
December 16th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Timo | zTimo | GMT+12 on PC

Amit
December 16th, 2010, 02:05 AM
How about [MDC]? Not liking MBP since that's the acronym for a certain laptop.

Doesn't matter who thinks that we are Apple freaks. They'll learn so enough that is not the case.

Warsaw
December 16th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Or maybe we could have [M<#>C] for "Modacity 1st Company," with 1st Company having the most frequent players, 2nd having the next most frequent, etc.

Amit
December 16th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Thing is, we don't even have enough people for a platoon. I'm not sure where we'll get the people for even one company. Let's not make this complicated guys. I appreciate the thought, though. It shows you care.

=sw=warlord
December 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Although I rarely play BFBC2, my nickname is the same as my user here.
My steam is indestructible Honey badger for if anyone wants to contact me through that about this.
GMT-London time and I play on PC.

Abdurahman
December 16th, 2010, 12:17 PM
PC, Abdu-Ramen

Warsaw
December 16th, 2010, 05:39 PM
^
And his timezone is GMT -8

ICEE
December 16th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I'm still not sure what you're talking about, I didn't fire on any uncaps.

I respectfully disagree.

Anyways, how do we get connected with one another? It seems like the friends system is pretty borken

Amit
December 16th, 2010, 06:49 PM
^
And his timezone is GMT -8

I figured since he's from LA.

I respectfully disagree.

Anyways, how do we get connected with one another? It seems like the friends system is pretty borken

Like I said before, we will all have to jump on some sort of voice communication software at the same time and idle at the main menu of the game. Only there can we add each other as friends and have it work.

RedBaron
December 16th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I just recently reinstalled 2142. I was real hardcore in it long ago. I even have the special preorder SCAR. Though some people argue that it covers too much of the screen, I was never bothered by it. It's coolness was well worth it.

Anyway, my friends list works fine. I'll try adding some of you

ExAm
December 16th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I respectfully disagree.

I just don't do that unless it's directly at an AA gun or tank trying to take me down. You can't fire out and expect not to be killed in self defense. I'm a sport, I like to let people get out of the base because fair fights are just more fun.

Warsaw
December 16th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Must. Get. PC version.

There is a dirth of 360 players, and PC controls are way better anyways.

ICEE
December 16th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I just don't do that unless it's directly at an AA gun or tank trying to take me down. You can't fire out and expect not to be killed in self defense. I'm a sport, I like to let people get out of the base because fair fights are just more fun.

Except you killed me two times within seconds of me spawning, before I could even fire a shot

Amit
December 16th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Except you killed me two times within seconds of me spawning, before I could even fire a shot

He probably didn't realize it. Shit gets crazy in battle.

ExAm
December 17th, 2010, 12:50 AM

Really, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Either I have a split personality, you've substituted me for someone else in your memory, or you were standing next to an AA gun whore who needed some killin'. I'm pretty adamant in my position on base raping. I froth into a righteous fury over it.

Cortexian
December 17th, 2010, 03:36 AM
I was playing on a server that had a defined zone around uncaps, if you killed a player in that zone you were killed automatically by the server. This was on Atacama Desert, I can't tell you how annoying that was, having someone on AA in their base and not being able to kill them...

Warsaw
December 17th, 2010, 04:38 AM
They should implement a system where you can kill them if they are in uncaps, but if you venture into them or into the airspace above them, it will kill you after a set amount of time (say, five seconds).

=sw=warlord
December 17th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I seem to remember in the beta at least for a short time there was a area where the defenders couldn't enter or the server would notify you of being outside of the battle zone.
This greatly reduced the amount of spawn killing when I was playing.

Cortexian
December 17th, 2010, 05:19 AM
That's only on Rush iirc.

Amit
December 17th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I don't understand the concept of attacking uncaps. How could you not be allowed to enter and kill people who are in that area? Unless uncaps mean the uncappable areas, such as main bases. Then I understand fully.

ExAm
December 17th, 2010, 01:38 PM
That's exactly what they are.

Freelancer: I've been on some servers that seemed to have a plugin that allowed you to kill the guy in the AA gun without repercussions and no one else, though I'm not sure.

ICEE
December 17th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I'm sure you're not consciously doing it, exam; I believe you when you say you don't mean to. But it is happening, and it is annoying :\

ExAm
December 17th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Icee, sorry, but I haven't killed more than one or two people in an uncap in the last two weeks. It takes a conscious effort to aim into an uncap and bombard it, and I haven't done it for any reason other than to shoot at an AA gun or tank firing out. If you made up both of those people I killed, then you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Either that or you're flat-out misattributing the action. I have not and will not shoot at an enemy uncap for any consequential length of time, and have been known to countergrief teammates who do it enough by putting their chopper into a nosedive with a tank shell or rocket. I loathe base raping with a passion and I'm not going to stand accused of it. End discussion.

ICEE
December 17th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Ok, well suffice it to say I wont be playing with you again. You did it and I know it.

Pooky
December 17th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I'm sure you're not consciously doing it, exam; I believe you when you say you don't mean to. But it is happening, and it is annoying :\

Maybe you should get some skill instead of whining about flaws in the game or other players, you bad kid.

(ironometer)

ghk
December 18th, 2010, 10:12 AM
on some maps its hard not to kill people in their uncaps... ie:oasis , ive been playing that one quite a bit and being in recon class and being on a small map... sometimes i end up finding myself way down map ....

ExAm
December 18th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Ok, well suffice it to say I wont be playing with you again. You did it and I know it.
This baffles me. I am baffled. Really, no.

Amit
December 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM

Well if you want to be in the platoon, you will have to play with him once we get sessions going.

Cortexian
December 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
That's really not an attitude we need here.

Kiss and makeup, thanks.

Warsaw
December 18th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Got BC2 for PC. Downside is that I can't play it until after my birthday (read: Christmas, since it's the same day). Other downside is that I have to unlock everything again...ugh.

Cortexian
December 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Not sure if it's the same as on Xbox but I was able to unlock all the kits by low-mid 20's... Didn't take a long time.

Amit
December 18th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah. I'm only only lvl 19 and I've unlocked everything since lvl 18

Warsaw
December 19th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Not sure if it's the same as on Xbox but I was able to unlock all the kits by low-mid 20's... Didn't take a long time.

It is the same. Got everything I honestly care about by level 16. Just have the non-SPECACT weapons to get.

Cagerrin
December 19th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Well, unless by some stroke of luck my neighbour throws out a computer again so I can put Win7 on it, I can't play. Game refuses to load levels at all on xp64, and I don't want to run 7 on my main computer.

Cortexian
December 19th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Uh, why not? 7 64-bit is so much better than XP 64-bit.

Cagerrin
December 19th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I absolutely despise 7's UI, Lakrits doesn't work on 7, it's generally slower than xp64...

Could go on and on. One game isn't worth all the trouble 7 would cause.

Amit
December 19th, 2010, 05:23 AM
I absolutely despise 7's UI, Lakrits doesn't work on 7, it's generally slower than xp64...

Could go on and on. One game isn't worth all the trouble 7 would cause.

Windows 7 wouldn't cause any trouble at all. Causes less headache than xp64, anyways. Simple solution: don't use that theme. Move onto something that looks better. Also, I find that Windows 7 runs faster for me than Windows XP.

Cagerrin
December 19th, 2010, 05:31 AM
"don't use that theme. Move onto something that looks better"

I've looked all over, can't find a theme that I like better than Lakrits.

Cortexian
December 19th, 2010, 07:00 AM
I've seen a few, but Lakrits looks boring to me so our tastes obviously differ.

Windows 7 is overall faster than XP, so long as you're running it on a computer that has the Windows 7 recommended hardware specs or better.

RedBaron
December 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM
If any of you ever decide to upgrade an XP system to 7, make sure you have at least a dual core processor. I upgraded my old XP 32bit to 7 32bit and the poor old 3.2 GHz single core couldn't even keep up with playing ME2(So any UT3 engine games), even with a decent video card and 2 gb RAM. I guess the jump from DX9 to DX10/11 relies a lot on processing power.

Amit
December 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM
My old Pentium 4 630 3.6 Ghz HT runs windows 7 just as well as this laptop I'm using. Although, I have to keep games set to DX9 on it instead of DX11.

Warsaw
December 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah, just run games in DX9 mode when using 7 on an older system. I don't know why you were having issues Delta. My old rig with a single core AMD 64 2.0GHz ran shit just fine, even maxed out UT3.

RedBaron
December 19th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I looked into running stuff in DX9. For ME2 specifically, I researched there was was a value to change in a .ini file for DX9/10. But further research showed that ME2 ran in DX9 no matter what OS you're running. I had a drastic drop in FPS, most notably around a large number of NPCs, say on the bridge of the Normandy. It doesn't matter, it still happened to me, so do it at your own risk. That rig is no longer my primary anyway.

Caboos001
December 20th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Just got my new PC up and running and picked up another copy for, well, the PC. Game runs beautifully, kinda hard to get used to a mouse and keyboard again, and I have to rank up and gather my unlocks again; but hey I'm ready to play any time. So put me on the list for PC as well.

Name: Recon V17
Platform: PC/360
Time Zone: GMT-8

Amit
December 20th, 2010, 03:05 PM
BC2 is $6.79 on STEAM TODAY only. Buy it and join our Platoon!

Caboos001
December 20th, 2010, 05:16 PM
And of cores I buy it the day before the sale, at the regular retail price. That's about $13.00 I could of saved =/

ejburke
December 20th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Done. GMT -5.

How much more of an investment will it take to catch up in terms of post-release maps and unlocks?

Amit
December 20th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Done. GMT -5.

How much more of an investment will it take to catch up in terms of post-release maps and unlocks?

All free.

Donut
December 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Gentlemen, i had a revelation today. i both signed up for steam and purchased this game. at the same time i realized that i can get deals like every bethesda game since morrowind for like 70 bucks (and my friend just bought new vegas on his 360 for 60 bucks). i am now sure that pc gaming is wholly superior to console gaming. i have seen the light.

on that note, my steam id is TheKillerDonut. im still downloading the game. im on eastern standard time, pretty sure thats GMT -5

Amit
December 20th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Gentlemen, i had a revelation today. i both signed up for steam and purchased this game. at the same time i realized that i can get deals like every bethesda game since morrowind for like 70 bucks (and my friend just bought new vegas on his 360 for 60 bucks). i am now sure that pc gaming is wholly superior to console gaming. i have seen the light.

on that note, my steam id is TheKillerDonut. im still downloading the game. im on eastern standard time, pretty sure thats GMT -5

Jesus, what have you be waiting to get Steam for? They have the best deals in gaming.

We need your BC2 ID once you download and create an EA account. May I suggest your BC2 Persona be named TheKillerDonut?

ejburke
December 20th, 2010, 07:28 PM
My soldier ID is SmokePants. I still have to get up to speed on the game, though. I've played other BF games, just not a Bad Company. Vietnam is tempting, because at least I'd be on somewhat equal footing. I'm not bothered by the price. I paid $15 for BF1943 and felt it was worth it.

Amit
December 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM
My soldier ID is SmokePants. I still have to get up to speed on the game, though. I've played other BF games, just not a Bad Company. Vietnam is tempting, because at least I'd be on somewhat equal footing. I'm not bothered by the price. I paid $15 for BF1943 and felt it was worth it.

Don't be fooled! Vietnam does not set you on equal footing with anything! Vietnam is a completely separate part of the game. You will have to level up and unlock stuff by yourself in BC2. There are no shortcuts...anymore. Vietnam is an overpriced "expansion" pack from EA. It's half a money grab. It's fun, but there's not enough content to keep you occupied for more than a couple hours.

iizahsum
December 20th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Don't be fooled! Vietnam does not set you on equal footing with anything! Vietnam is a completely separate part of the game. You will have to level up and unlock stuff by yourself in BC2. There are no shortcuts...anymore. Vietnam is an overpriced "expansion" pack from EA. It's half a money grab. It's fun, but there's not enough content to keep you occupied for more than a couple hours.

I really like the idea of adding an "expansion" the way they did though. It's more than a map pack but not a full game in itself, if they had added a mini campaign or something along that line it would have been awesome.

ejburke
December 20th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Don't be fooled! Vietnam does not set you on equal footing with anything! Vietnam is a completely separate part of the game. You will have to level up and unlock stuff by yourself in BC2. There are no shortcuts...anymore. Vietnam is an overpriced "expansion" pack from EA. It's half a money grab. It's fun, but there's not enough content to keep you occupied for more than a couple hours.I know it's separate, that's what I meant by equal footing. Everybody else would be starting out, just like I would be.

BF1943 was only 3-1/2 maps, based on maps I had already played, and it kept me entertained for 6 weeks, which is about as long as multiplayer game can keep my attention. From what I've heard about Vietnam, it has more content than 1943 and it's good. And it's new and fresh, whereas it's kind of intimidating jumping into a game that people have been playing for 9 months.

I haven't made up my mind yet, though.

Donut
December 20th, 2010, 08:50 PM
cool so this game apparently doesnt work on my computer. it crashes right as i start the campaign when it asks me to use my mouse to look around. im a little disappointed. i set everything on low too.
E: multiplayer doesnt work either. NOW i remember why i play new games on my 360. my computer cant run them.

with multiplayer the game acts like its loading, then the loading screen dims (slowly), then the game crashes. any ideas anyone?

ExAm
December 20th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Google does great for that. First though, make sure you've got only one sound driver installed. And you really should have a tricore or quad core processor for this game. It's pretty much coded for those. Anything less and it won't run that well. Single core, forget it.

ThePlague
December 20th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Pyong bought(loaned the money) me this, can't play till tomorrow though. Will my computer be able to run it good (specs on my page, and getting more ram and psu wednesday)?

ejburke
December 21st, 2010, 12:09 AM
Works fine for me and I built my PC in mid 2007. It was a price/performance build with no top-of-the-line parts, either.

I'm finding single-player to be boring. Should I skip it and focus on multiplayer?

Amit
December 21st, 2010, 12:36 AM
Singleplayer is decent. I say go through it just for the sake of getting your money's worth. I felt the same one when playing through. I didn't really see where the story was going. The last two missions were fun, though.

ejburke
December 21st, 2010, 12:58 AM
I'll gut it out. I remember the reason I didn't buy this when it came out was because I didn't think I would like the single-player. I'm just not a fan of the gallery style of shooter campaign. I'm mowing down Ivan by the Kremlin-full and it's putting me to sleep. Same thing COD does to me.

Warsaw
December 21st, 2010, 02:53 AM
Bring back BC1's open levels, DICE! D:

ExAm
December 21st, 2010, 02:57 AM
MP actually has an editable FOV and tight controls, so yeah. SP isn't particularly engaging. Find settings.ini in BFBC2 in your Documents folder, change your FOV in there. Be sure to set RenderAheadLimit to 0 as well. You can set bloom to 0 if you don't like it, too. Pretty decent FPS boost.

ejburke
December 21st, 2010, 03:42 AM
Hey now, don't tease me with tweaks. I'm going to get my hopes up that I'll be able to turn off textures, muzzle flash, and smoke and make the enemies appear as flashing purple triangles.

RedBaron
December 21st, 2010, 08:45 AM
Skip single player, it was 3 hours wasted of my life, plus you won't earn the 360 achievements or anything. The best level in the whole thing was the prologue, play that and you'll still have a decent respect for the campaign.

RedBaron
December 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM
So, I'm back from my university. I added most of you who are on the first post to my friends list, and only one of you accepted it. I can play almost anytime. Also, I hooked my laptop up to my 60" TV via HDMI. This is going to be fun... still takes some getting use to mouse aiming at this distance, and for some reason my natural instinct is to assign the center of my screen high than it actually is, making quick sighting on hardcore a little off. Please excuse my bad score:

ExAm
December 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hey now, don't tease me with tweaks. I'm going to get my hopes up that I'll be able to turn off textures, muzzle flash, and smoke and make the enemies appear as flashing purple triangles.
No no, these are tweaks you need. Trust me.

Cortexian
December 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
Seriously, someone tell me how to disable all the dust and shit on Atacama Desert. I literally can't see anything on that level.

Amit
December 21st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Seriously, someone tell me how to disable all the dust and shit on Atacama Desert. I literally can't see anything on that level.

Exam has an easy fix: Fly above the battlefield and pwn everything.

Cortexian
December 21st, 2010, 02:08 PM
When I'm in a Helo I can't see the ground or other Helo's at max altitude. Can't see other Helo's unless they're below me and within 100 feet or so.

Amit
December 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM
If you can't see them, they probably can't see you. Use that to your advantage. Visibility isn't that bad on this map.

ExAm
December 21st, 2010, 03:13 PM
Exam has an easy fix: Fly above the battlefield and pwn everything.
^this

If you can't see them, they probably can't see you. Use that to your advantage. Visibility isn't that bad on this map.
The Havoc's cockpit HDR is stuck at an indoor level or something, so everything outside appears as a big blob of glare if you have your brightness at default. It's a bug that DICE hasn't bothered to fix, and it's completely absent in the Apache. Chances are, if you can't see the Apache while flying the Havoc, the Apache sure as hell can see you.

You can't disable the dust (that would be unfair), but you can see other choppers in the Havoc if you turn the brightness setting down to about 0.32. Also pretty much eliminates the annoying scope glare. Turn down the Contrast a few notches if you can't see anything in shadows.

ThePlague
December 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
Just played my first game, went 13/12 :D

ID: TearShade
Timezone: GMT -7
PC

Ifafudafi
December 21st, 2010, 11:37 PM
okay went ahead and got this off Steam (had it for shitbox360 but I've been trying to migrate to PC gaming as much as possible)

timezone is GMT -6, soldier name is Ifafudafi

CN3089
December 22nd, 2010, 05:19 AM
CN_brosef, GMT-5

first game I had a 4:1 KDR nbd :realsmug:

(i killed four dudes and then died well that's my story cya)

Warsaw
December 25th, 2010, 06:07 PM
You can now add me to the PC list. In-game name is still "Von Krupp" and timezones are obviously the same as well.

cheezdue
December 27th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Just played my first game. 4/1 Planted both bombs in rush. :D

PC
Cheezdue | Radiated Spoon | GMT -6

MXC
December 27th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Hoping the servers aren't as sniper-filled as the last server I was in.

PC

MXC | MXCoriginal | GMT -6

Warsaw
December 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Teams with majority snipers almost always lose.

I should've skipped the 360 version and gone straight to PC. Looks damn good, and in my opinion rivals Crysis for awesome jungle environments. However, I will give some credit to the console version because as soon as I entered PC multiplayer, I was god. Singlehandedly turned losing games around. :realsmug:

CN3089
December 27th, 2010, 09:30 PM
However, I will give some credit to the console version because as soon as I entered PC multiplayer, I was god. Singlehandedly turned losing games around. :realsmug:

Steam sale time!

Just went 16-1 in a T-90 because pubbies don't know what the fuck to do when somebody uses a smoke screen http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-shepface.gif

ExAm
December 28th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Pubbies don't know shit about shooting down my chopper either

baJcSItyIaU

Amit
December 28th, 2010, 02:07 AM
How do you get the camera to follow your helicopter like that? Everytime I use the external camera it acts as a "look behind" for my vehicles. That is not what I want.

Cortexian
December 28th, 2010, 10:35 AM
How do you get the camera to follow your helicopter like that? Everytime I use the external camera it acts as a "look behind" for my vehicles. That is not what I want.
Press "C" instead of "V". Works on all vehicles except you pretty much need to fly third person to see everything unless you're really good with the Ctrl key.

I need to work on my air to air combat, probably one of my worse skills in the game.

Exam, I hope you don't fly like that when you have a gunner. So useless.

Warsaw
December 28th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I fly first person. Flight sim experience under my belt certainly helps with coping, however I wish I could use the hat switch for looking around.

Also, I think it's bullshit that the vehicle alerts you when you've been tagged. It makes it damn near impossible to take out a loitering helicopter if they have the defences on. If they don't have the defences on, they just run away to the other end of the map like faggots until the tracer wears off. Seriously, fucking douchebags. If you fly straight and low enough to get tagged by a tracer, you fully deserve to get shot down.

CN3089
December 28th, 2010, 11:36 AM
use the at4 and don't be bad

e: if you don't have it use the m14 and a gustav and play some urban map it's hilarious

annihilation
December 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Or use the M95 and hope they get scared and drive off to get repaired.

Also, tracer darting friendly snipers is hilarious.

Amit
December 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Press "C" instead of "V". Works on all vehicles except you pretty much need to fly third person to see everything unless you're really good with the Ctrl key.

I need to work on my air to air combat, probably one of my worse skills in the game.

I've been pressing "C" and it does nothing. I even reset my controls to default and tried that. Didn't work.

ExAm
December 28th, 2010, 12:32 PM
You're in luck, because I don't. If I'd had a gunner, they'd have been throwing their mouse all over their mousepad trying to keep up. If I've got a gunner, I'll take up a random holding pattern and let them take care of infantry while i go after the occasional tank, vehicle, or dude who wandered into my sights.

If i don't have a gunner, I fly in the most unprefuckingdictable way I can. Not even the AT4 guys hit me much.

ExAm
December 28th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I fly first person. Flight sim experience under my belt certainly helps with coping, however I wish I could use the hat switch for looking around.

Also, I think it's bullshit that the vehicle alerts you when you've been tagged. It makes it damn near impossible to take out a loitering helicopter if they have the defences on. If they don't have the defences on, they just run away to the other end of the map like faggots until the tracer wears off. Seriously, fucking douchebags. If you fly straight and low enough to get tagged by a tracer, you fully deserve to get shot down.
The dart is basically a cheap toy for lucky kills against choppers. Don't think of it as anything more. It's balanced perfectly well as it is; getting a lock on a planted dart against a chopper constitutes a one hit kill, fire and forget. The person on the receiving end of a one hit kill attack should always get ample time to avoid it. You just don't get a free kill like that. Work for your kills, practice hitting helicopters making passes above you with the Gustav, or practice with the AT4.

Here, look at how easy it is to hit shitty pilots with the AT4:
CdLBDJqQkc8

t3h m00kz
December 29th, 2010, 10:27 AM
pc. t3h m00kz. gmt -8

Amit
December 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Alright, we now have enough people to fill out 5 squads. Taking into account that not everyone will be able to play at the same time, we should be able to field at least three squads for each scheduled event.

Syuusuke
December 29th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I'm about to buy this game, anyone wanna give me a 101 when I get it.

Cortexian
December 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Aim, shoot. In that order.

CN3089
December 29th, 2010, 05:10 PM
once you get the m14 use it never not use the m14

e: especially if you're a halo ce veteran, the m14 has a similar feel to the pistol <:-]

Amit
December 29th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I would, however, recommend using the M16 over the M14 for Assault once you unlock it and put ACOG on it.

Warsaw
December 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM
once you get the m14 use it never not use the m14

e: especially if you're a halo ce veteran, the m14 has a similar feel to the pistol <:-]

M14 is for scrubs since the update. Scopes? Lame. Real men use the M1. And if you aren't already a veteran, then a real man would go out and buy BF1942 and BF2 so they can use the M1.

Fake E: lots and lots of people still play BF2, so it's worth the buy.

Real E:

The dart is basically a cheap toy for lucky kills against choppers. Don't think of it as anything more. It's balanced perfectly well as it is; getting a lock on a planted dart against a chopper constitutes a one hit kill, fire and forget. The person on the receiving end of a one hit kill attack should always get ample time to avoid it. You just don't get a free kill like that. Work for your kills, practice hitting helicopters making passes above you with the Gustav, or practice with the AT4.

Here, look at how easy it is to hit shitty pilots with the AT4:
CdLBDJqQkc8

And flying a chopper is working for kills? Don't kid yourself. I'm sorry, but it's damn hard to actually get a dart onto someone who knows how to fly. It's already plenty of work. After dying ten times to get that one dart onto the target in hopes of someone taking that fucker out, it's utter bullshit to just watch him spray chaff and flares and keep on camping.

E2:
Just a disclaimer here, I don't play "regular" mode. I only play "hardcore" mode. So before getting any games together, might want to specify which one you guys intend to play.

Amit
December 29th, 2010, 10:42 PM
We will play both modes. Also, if the Dart is so hard to use, just pull out the AT-4. Gets the job done better than a tracer dart once your learn to use it.

One more thing. Everyone who owns this game can attain Veteran Status 1 by registering for Battlefield Heroes. So, there should be no excuse that you don't have the M1 if you're a cheap bastard and don't buy BF2 (which I still think you should, game owns).

Cortexian
December 29th, 2010, 11:22 PM
I don't play hardcore, I play this for fun. If I wanted to just go shoot a gun I'd do that.

Warsaw
December 29th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I play it for fun as well, but the normal mode is just ... wat.

CN3089
December 29th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Don't play hardcore it's terrible

ExAm
December 30th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Hardcore really is terrible. Full of hillhumping snipers and COD flunkies trying to get the same experience.

Amit
December 30th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I don't play it anymore. Not since they messed it up in the June update. Was that ever fixed?

Warsaw
December 30th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Hardcore really is terrible. Full of hillhumping snipers and COD flunkies trying to get the same experience.

Only map I snipe on is Heavy Metal because, let's face it, that map is fucking huge. As for the rest, I don't have a problem. Sounds like someone doesn't want to work for his kills. If anything, regular mode is the one with the CoD flunkies.

ExAm
December 30th, 2010, 03:16 AM
What was that about working for kills? From the guy who plays a mode where a couple rounds downs a guy?

Warsaw
December 30th, 2010, 05:17 AM
From the guy who camps capture points with helicopters and complains about snipers? Ha! If you are getting sniped that often, then you are either getting base-raped or you aren't thoroughly checking your surroundings before sprinting across the map. If it's about teamplay issues, then chances are if half your team is being snipers, then half of their team is too. I also don't see how the game rule set would influence the masses' fascination with sniping, anyways.

A single headshot kills in any mode and headshots are easy as fuck to get. You also die in a couple of shots in hardcore, meaning if you aren't on the ball about paying attention and if you have shit reflexes, you are fucked. Hardcore is actually legitimately harder to play. Don't try to pull that doublethink shit. I work very hard for my kills. I don't even have, let alone use, any special perks like magnum ammo, body armour, or slugs and you know what? I don't need them, because I can make those aforementioned head-shots consistently.

Amit
December 30th, 2010, 07:56 AM
From the guy who camps capture points with helicopters and complains about snipers? Ha! If you are getting sniped that often, then you are either getting base-raped or you aren't thoroughly checking your surroundings before sprinting across the map. If it's about teamplay issues, then chances are if half your team is being snipers, then half of their team is too. I also don't see how the game rule set would influence the masses' fascination with sniping, anyways.

A single headshot kills in any mode and headshots are easy as fuck to get. You also die in a couple of shots in hardcore, meaning if you aren't on the ball about paying attention and if you have shit reflexes, you are fucked. Hardcore is actually legitimately harder to play. Don't try to pull that doublethink shit. I work very hard for my kills. I don't even have, let alone use, any special perks like magnum ammo, body armour, or slugs and you know what? I don't need them, because I can make those aforementioned head-shots consistently.

Keep this shit out of my thread. You want to play hard ball? Back it up in the Pwnage thread/PMs or get the fuck out. Still, I think it's a worthwhile debate, but not here.

ExAm
December 30th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm over it.

Cortexian
December 30th, 2010, 05:03 PM
So do you need to use the SPECACT weapons to get the "Get 100 kills with SPECACT Kit" awards for each class? Or do you just need to be using the SPECACT kit? If I can just rock an M14 I'll get Recon done much faster than with the M95.

Amit
January 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
So do you need to use the SPECACT weapons to get the "Get 100 kills with SPECACT Kit" awards for each class? Or do you just need to be using the SPECACT kit? If I can just rock an M14 I'll get Recon done much faster than with the M95.

I'm guessing you need to use the weapons as well. Just equip the M16, rape as usual and there you go. Easy achievements.

Cortexian
January 3rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Eh, I got the Assault, Medic, and Engineer ones no problem. Took me almost three times as long to get the Recon one though since the M95 is so horrible.

Cortexian
January 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Lets go with [BFM] for the clan tag. BattleField Modacity. :)

I've stuck it in my name.

ExAm
January 6th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I'm keeping my [PA] tag on, I just play with them more often than anyone else.

But the server is currently on Vietnam, which means I'm pubbing for a week or so until the admin flops it back to vanilla.

I hate Vietnam.

TeeKup
January 6th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I liked Vietnam for the first 2 hours. Then everyone started WHORING those fucking Gunboats, so anytime I felt like go anywhere I got sprayed by those things. Rest of the gameplay seems to be....fine. The M21 could use a bit a buff though, seems weaker than the Type 88. Also Vantage Point is the worst map I've ever played.

ThePlague
January 6th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Are we ever all going to play together? I stopped playing because I was usually the only one on my squad doing anything. And it's not really fun playing by yourself :(

e: Freelancer and I played for a bit, and I learned that i'm useless in Conquest.

Warsaw
January 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I liked Vietnam for the first 2 hours. Then everyone started WHORING those fucking Gunboats, so anytime I felt like go anywhere I got sprayed by those things. Rest of the gameplay seems to be....fine. The M21 could use a bit a buff though, seems weaker than the Type 88. Also Vantage Point is the worst map I've ever played.

Why is the Type 88 even in Vietnam? That gun wasn't around until the 80s...LATE 80s.

I don't have Vietnam. Sounds like it isn't worth the $15.

Fake E: I like that Freelancer. Adding that tag to my name next time I play.

TeeKup
January 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM
It's not, I was making a point of reference. Apologies.

Amit
January 22nd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Okay, fuck. I've neglected this thread long enough.

When are you guys most available to play? List the three best days you can play. I'll go first.

Monday - any time after 5PM EST
Wednesday - any time after 10AM EST
Friday - any time after 7:30PM EST

ThePlague
January 22nd, 2011, 11:03 PM
Everyday after 1:00 P.M. MST

ExAm
January 24th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Any day, any time, really. Nudge me on Steam or something. I'm currently "A Luggage Or Something"

BestProduceEver ingame.

ExAm
January 24th, 2011, 05:02 PM
This was like... winning a Connect Four tournament in which all the entrants are kindergarteners.

http://i.imgur.com/tPZUq.jpg

Two choppers per side + pilots who have something to prove + AT4 + 1000 ticket server

Most of the people left near the end:

http://i.imgur.com/vWhO2.jpg

cheezdue
January 24th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I won't be getting on anytime soon to play. My internet got cut off. :l

Amit
January 24th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Exam, while that seems impressive, it needs to go into the Pwnage thread.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 02:48 AM
I don't really have a set schedule right now, potential new job coming up though so that might change.

ExAm
January 25th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Exam, while that seems impressive, it needs to go into the Pwnage thread.
Huh, I kinda thought this doubled as a post your BC2 ownage thread.

Amit
January 26th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Why? We already have one. Well, sort of. Most of the ownage thread has BC2 pics in it.

Cortexian
February 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
This whole "Add people to your friends list from the OP" thing really isn't working, instead join the following Steam group, coordinate being on BFBC2 at the same time, then add each other to your friends list:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/battlefieldmodacity

The Steam group abbreviation is [MFModa] because BFM (which is the tag we use in-game) was not available and "BFMod" sounds more like something game-mod related. I also setup a scheduled event at 8PM Feb 8th EST for a game, so sign up and come play!

Amit
February 7th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Shit can't make it to Tuesday's session. I have biology at that time. Unless, I finish my assignment and just hand it in and come back home. Yes, that works.

Cortexian
February 7th, 2011, 04:00 AM
I moved it to 8PM EST, as I realized I mixed up EST and local. I was thinking 6 PM local would be good for most EST'ers which is actually 8PM.

Whoops~

Jean-Luc
February 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I'm mildly embarrassed that I've owned Bad Company 2 since it came out, yet I've never once played the multiplayer.

I'm a disgrace :saddowns:

Amit
February 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I'm mildly embarrassed that I've owned Bad Company 2 since it came out, yet I've never once played the multiplayer.

I'm a disgrace :saddowns:

That is blasphemous!

Cortexian
February 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
There's only 4 people online in the Battlefield Modacity group, lets GO GO GO!

ThePlague
February 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM
We need more people next time, indefinitely.

Amit
March 23rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Get your asses in gear, people. BC2 night is tomorrow and Friday night at 8PM EST. Expect to get a reminder on Steam when it starts so stay logged into Steam.

Don't forget to join up on Freelancer's TS3 server:

Download the TeamSpeak 3 client for your operating system from the following page and connect to:
lancersedge.servegame.org

Port:

Message me on Steam for the Battlefield Modacity channel password.

Download TeamSpeak 3 here:
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Cortexian
March 23rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Well, I'll try to be there but usually people need more than 1 or 2 days notice for an organized event lol.

ThePlague
March 24th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Not if there's 3 people attending...

Amit
March 24th, 2011, 02:59 PM
And Freelancer, you've got nothing better to do so you better be there [/ignorance]

Well this will be everything Thursday and Friday from here on out.

Cortexian
March 24th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I was out at the Telus store getting my iPhone activated on the network finally. Took them 4 days to do it but they finally realized that it would be easier to just give me a new SIM and start the account over, as opposed to fixing the actual issue they had with their system... :v:

Warsaw
March 24th, 2011, 11:05 PM
But I can't play at more than 15 frames per second! D: I mean it's workable, but not very fun.

ExAm
March 24th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Forced DX9?
Turned off bloom?
All settings on low?

Warsaw
March 25th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Done, done, and done. Can't run DX10 on a 7800GT. I'm pretty sure it's CPU-limited; there's just too much destruction and physics going on for my single core to handle smoothly.

ExAm
March 25th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Ohhhhh, yeah. You're technically not even supposed to play it on a single core.

RedBaron
March 25th, 2011, 02:27 PM
My friend couldn't even run the game smoothly with an old Core 2 Duo and an 8800 GTX and all the settings in the .ini set to low. Definitely a CPU hog.

Amit
March 25th, 2011, 02:48 PM
By all right I shouldn't be able to play the game with this nVidia Quaddro NVS 3100M. But since my Thinkpad's CPU is Core i7 620M, I can play away :D

The old Intel P4 630 computer I have has another HD5750 Vapor-X in it, but the game just will not play MP with the single core. SP works great on 1680x1050 with settings on max (DX9), though.

Done, done, and done. Can't run DX10 on a 7800GT. I'm pretty sure it's CPU-limited; there's just too much destruction and physics going on for my single core to handle smoothly.

Are you not living where your primary rig is?

ThePlague
March 25th, 2011, 03:17 PM
How many people are we going to have today? I don't really feel like getting my ass kicked with Amit again :\

Cortexian
March 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'll be there tonight for sure unless something crops up...

ThePlague
March 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Vietnam for 7.50, today only, on IGN (http://pcstore.ign.com/10121/product/Buy-Battlefield:-Bad-Company-2-Vietnam-Download). Sweet deal?

ExAm
March 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM
When is this thing planned?

ThePlague
March 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
10 minutes from now

ExAm
March 25th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I can't even log into steam right now, because someone is watching fucking unconfigurable console netflix and hogging all the bandwidth at maximum quality.

Amit
March 25th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Atacama got really stale. I liked Nelson Bay, though.

ThePlague
March 25th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Well that was pretty lame.

Cortexian
March 25th, 2011, 11:18 PM
PC crashed and then I went out for dinner. Just got home to debug and found out that one of my optical drives went borked and was preventing the system from booting.

ExAm
March 25th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I lost the connection to your TS server after a while and couldn't reconnect. What's up with that?

Cortexian
March 26th, 2011, 01:13 AM
It was hosted on the computer that crashed. It uses almost no system resources or bandwidth so I host it on my desktop, when TS3 first came out it was easier to host the server and client on the same PC when it came to setting up the initial admin.

ExAm
March 26th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Weird, Plague didn't get kicked off it when it crashed when I did. Or maybe he just didn't notice.

ThePlague
March 26th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I did get kicked off, wasn't paying attention to it.

Amit
March 26th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I left before shit went down :D

cheezdue
March 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM
If it wasn't for my fever I would have stayed longer. :(

Amit
March 26th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Yes, that is unfortunate. Well everyone has until next Thursday and Friday to get their shit together. Pyong, fucking just redownload the game. Freelancer...don't have phone trouble. Plague, you're good to go. ExAm, tell those bastards to stop using Netflix when you're gaming. Cheezdue, fuck your fever and win like Charlie Sheen. Everyone else, at least acknowledge the game nights.

RedBaron
March 29th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Sorry, won't be playing until a week from now. Got hit by the grinder right after spring break (I guess professors love to do that).

ThePlague
March 29th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Who's going to be playing this Thursday/Friday?

ExAm
March 30th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Friday for me

Amit
April 1st, 2011, 05:53 PM
No April Fools Zone:

I won't be able to make tonight's session since I'm going to see Sucker Punch in IMAX. I wouldn't go, but I'm getting a $17.50 CAD ticket paid for free, sooo....And I haven't seen a movie in IMAX in over a decade.

ThePlague
April 1st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Homo.

Higuy
April 1st, 2011, 07:39 PM
X360, ShowbizFLUFFY, GMT-5

ThePlague
April 1st, 2011, 07:51 PM
ExAm, what is your steam name?

Amit
April 1st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Zack Snyder did his job well. I was too engrossed in the action to get a boner. IMAX destroyed my ears, though.

Also, check through the Steam ID thread. Most people have theirs posted there.

ExAm
April 2nd, 2011, 12:56 PM
ExAm, what is your steam name?
A Cabbage Or Something

Amit
April 3rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
A Cabbage Or Something

I gave him your steam ID. People can't add you on steam using your nickname.

ExAm
April 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Funny, it's worked for other people before. I wonder if they changed it.

TVTyrant
April 6th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hey guys add me to this. EA profile is TVTyrant.

ExAm
April 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
We need your soldier name, not your EA profile name.

Futzy
April 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Game bought. Mr Kwatz
Am shit, haven't even used a mouse in 3 years.

Warsaw
April 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Play multiplayer for two nights and you'll be average. Keep going for another two weeks and you'll be god.

Amit
April 7th, 2011, 05:33 PM
A tip for when you first get the AT-4. Use it a lot. I've been religiously using it to shoot vehicles and the odd time infantry for the past month now. I played a round on port valdez this afternoon. Shot down the helicopter 6 times. I noticed that it wasn't the same shit pilot every time either. So I think I'm getting the hang of it. It's also gratifying when the ENEMY team commends me on shooting down their OWN helicopters.

You guys get a break this week. No game night today or tomorrow but I'll be on anyways. No real point in making a game night if nobody except me, Plague, ExAm, and Freelancer give a shit.

TVTyrant
April 7th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Exam its also TVTyrant lol.

Warsaw
April 7th, 2011, 06:49 PM
You guys get a break this week. No game night today or tomorrow but I'll be on anyways. No real point in making a game night if nobody except me, Plague, ExAm, and Freelancer give a shit.

Come on now, it's not my fault I fried my com...well ok, maybe it is.

If we did 360 matches I could play. But we all (myself included) have loyalties to the far superior PC version.

Also, helicopters are easier to shoot down with the RPG-7, I find. I guess I'm better at leading the target than guiding a rocket.

Cortexian
April 7th, 2011, 06:56 PM
RPG-7 is faster than the AT4 as well IIRC. I think all the non-guided launchers are faster than the AT4.

And gamenights every week defeat the point of gamenights imo. Every two or three weeks sure.

ExAm
April 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
RPG-7 is faster than the AT4 as well IIRC. I think all the non-guided launchers are faster than the AT4.

And gamenights every week defeat the point of gamenights imo. Every two or three weeks sure.
Freelancer once again you're really, really behind the times. R9 beefed the AT4's max speed to just under Gustav velocity, and far above the RPG. It takes a couple seconds to accelerate, but once it's going, it's fucking going.

Cortexian
April 7th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Those couple seconds it takes to accelerate are slower than an RPG-7. If you're attempting shots that are going to take longer than the acceleration time of an AT4 with an RPG-7 you're doing it wrong anyways.

I just play the game, I don't know all the number statistics.

Amit
April 8th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I find the AT-4 hard to control sometimes because it goes so fast. The acceleration is pretty shit, though. I always think its maximum velocity is going to come straight after it comes out of the launcher and I over compensate for the speed. Still, it's hard as fuck to shoot down anything without an AT-4.

TVTyrant
April 8th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Id rather use the RPG. The AT4 is way too hard to shoot correctly.

ExAm
April 8th, 2011, 01:47 AM
whine whine TOO HARD

seriously practice more.

TeeKup
April 8th, 2011, 02:25 AM
I've tossed AT-4's over and around cover/scenery/ the fucking map so many times on to tanks its ridiculous. Particularly on Laguna Presa Rush and White Pass.

Want to hurry and get my goddamn laptop so I can get this on PC.

Warsaw
April 8th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I want June August to come so I can build a new PC and play again...

Also, I use C4 to kill tanks. It's just so much more efficient and I can do it as any class except Medic. RPG/AT-4 is strictly for killing helicopters.

TVTyrant
April 8th, 2011, 09:44 AM
The C4 method is pretty awesome. I love playing Squad Deathmatch and just putting them on the tank, and then waiting for some idiot to get in. Push 3, right click, 150-200 points. Awe yeah.

Warsaw
April 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I get great satisfaction when I sneak into heli-spawns and sabotage the choppers. Fuckers need to get back down to Earth and learn to fight like the rest of us grunts. It's especially rewarding on Atacama.

Amit
April 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I hate when people farm using choppers on narrow maps like Port Valdez. Last night I got raped repeatedly by two wankers who stayed in the same area firing down rockets and cannon rounds. No matter how many rockets we shot at him, he could dodge all of them. Our pilots sucked so we couldn't take him down. He was a good pilot, but he was an asshole about it.

Warsaw
April 8th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Countermeasures make helicopters a bitch when the pilot is good. You can be a crack shot with a rocket, but if it takes more than one to bring him down, you're fucked. The only surefire solution is VADS or AAA, but the pilot has to be distracted first.

Cortexian
April 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Don't really need a distracted pilot when it comes to VADS since it's so OP compared to the AAA.

Warsaw
April 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Says you. I'm a very good shot with the AAA. I'll take it over the VADS any day. You also need the distraction so you can get to the gun. It depends on how exposed and how long your trip to it is.

Cortexian
April 8th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I'm just as accurate with both, VADS takes down a chopper twice as fast for me usually.

Warsaw
April 8th, 2011, 06:54 PM
With fast-moving attack helicopters, I give the AAA an edge because you only have to hit it three times. With VADS you have to hold the fire down on the target.

ExAm
April 9th, 2011, 12:02 AM
the VADS also doesn't fuck up your trajectory as much as the ZU-23.

Warsaw
April 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM
If only the AAA fired like it did in the first game...burst mode is a killjoy.

Amit
April 9th, 2011, 12:49 AM
My preferred method for shooting down helicopters in the AAA. It's less headache if you learn to lead the target. Lots of things in this game are a killjoy, especially the 10-round M14 Magazine. In-game it still has the size of the 20-round mag. It's all in the name of balance and to be honest, I can gripe, but I agree with it. A 20-round M14 and full auto ZU-23 would be OP.

Warsaw
April 9th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Definitely. Same reason the PPSh in BC2: Vietnam has only 25 rounds in the 71-round drum (though they could have used the box magazine instead).

They balanced the ZU-23 in BC1 by giving it a quick overheat. You had to burst it on your own to keep it firing.

ExAm
April 9th, 2011, 01:23 AM
My preferred method for shooting down helicopters in the AAA. It's less headache if you learn to lead the target. Lots of things in this game are a killjoy, especially the 10-round M14 Magazine. In-game it still has the size of the 20-round mag. It's all in the name of balance and to be honest, I can gripe, but I agree with it. A 20-round M14 and full auto ZU-23 would be OP.
The ZU-23 is already OP. It was balanced for sluggish console controls, and the default allowed sensitivity in the ingame config. I and many others crank ours up by editing the config files, so it's fucking godly against air if anyone manages to reach it. I deal with it by reducing it to a couple missiles' worth of health and firing a couple at it if and when someone gets on it, but it's still fucking infuriating. I'd be fine with it if it didn't kick your aim around so much.

Warsaw
April 9th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Kicking the aim around is precisely what makes it useful. If a VADS and helicopter are shooting at each other, the helicopter will win every time because the VADS is a sitting duck. AAA stands a chance because it can actually defend itself.

Helicopters strafing around the map and then running home when they get shot with a rocket is also fucking infuriating.

Guardian
April 11th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Just bought this today.

TC-Guardian | GMT+12

Amit
May 8th, 2011, 03:25 PM
From the Steam EA week Sale thread:

Battlefield sale today!

Battlefield 2 Complete Collection is going for the Xmas 2010 price of $5.00! BUY THIS
Bad Company 2 is a record low at $6.80!
Bad Company 2 Vietnam is $7.49!
BC2 SPEC ACT DLC is $2.99!

I am ordering every one who likes Battlefield to buy the Battlefield 2 Complete Collection today if you don't already own it. The price is so ridiculously low, you'd be crazy not to buy it.

BF2 offers larger squads (5 Men + 1 SqLdr), good in-game VOIP (not that shit BC2 had), the game changing commander role (apply at start of round), lots of vehicles, and the award winning land/air/sea combat that the Battlefield series is known for. This is the real Battlefield game to be playing. BC2 is good, but BF2 far surpasses it on all fronts except graphical capabilities (animations, models, textures), but that is to be expected of a game from 2005.

Seriously, buy it. We'll have more enjoyable Battlefield Modacity Game Nights because it won't just be random running around, killing and capping. With the squad leader and commander roles, there will be organization to the match for more effective objective-based gameplay.

Aerowyn
May 8th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Aerowyn | [GA] Aerowyn | GMT-5
(I play BC2 on PC, BTW)

Amit
May 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Oh good, somebody who actually set it up the way I asked :realsmug:

*Added*

Warsaw
May 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Just don't play Karkand. Good god, that map is atrocious.

Amit
May 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Are you kidding me? That's one of the best BF maps of all time!

ExAm
May 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Not anymore. It's all grenade spam now.

Warsaw
May 11th, 2011, 07:10 PM
^
That.

Best maps are Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Hotel to me.

Mr Buckshot
May 12th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Been ages since I played BF2 (I only just realized that the 1.50 patch added proper widescreen). I really wish the original BF2 could be ported to the Frostbite engine with everything intact, plus destructible cover added. Seriously, its gameplay was perfect.

Just fired up BF2 in fact, I spent 30 seconds figuring out that the environments weren't destructible. :smith:

Warsaw
May 12th, 2011, 03:14 PM
The maps weren't designed with destructible environments in mind. Adding that would fuck with the game play.

Amit
May 13th, 2011, 09:28 PM
The maps weren't designed with destructible environments in mind. Adding that would fuck with the game play.

Go stop them from making Back to Karkand, then. Honestly, I want to see what these maps look like when they are all fucking up. And with BF3, we will see those said maps getting raped by destruction.

Warsaw
May 17th, 2011, 09:45 PM
You know that the remade maps are going to change. Remake != port.

And the destroyed BF2 maps would look the same as destroyed BC2 maps: a relatively flat plane with some collapsed heaps of rubble. Maybe some holes in the ground.

Amit
May 18th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I think it's going to be worse than that. In BC2, there was no real natural terrain deformation. BF3 is supposed to basically employ the scorched earth tactic, but with cover rather than strategic value.

Warsaw
May 18th, 2011, 02:01 PM
BC2 does put holes in the ground, and it does make them deeper depending on the power of the charge and/or how many times that spot was exploded on. Granted, you can't take out cliffs and stuff, but I don't think you'll be able to do that in BF3 either. Causing avalanches to take out tanks would be jaw-on-floor awesome though. Hell, I'd sit still just to watch someone do it to me.

Amit
May 19th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Which is what I mean about Natural environments, mostly. I'm pretty sure you can't blow holes in the jungle or desert floor in BC2. I think you can in fields, though. (e.g. Harvest Day, Heavy Metal, etc)

Guardian
May 19th, 2011, 12:32 AM
It works on jungle and desert too.You can put holes in the ground on any map as long as it isnt a significant piece of the landscape, I think.

Amit
May 19th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Point is, most ground deformation doesn't affect gameplay at all, really. It's mainly for visual appeal. I hope in this game you can make craters in the ground. It would definitely help for makeshift cover.

Guardian
May 19th, 2011, 02:15 AM
I was just on a server that had a 1500 ticket. Atamaca Desert and the whole map was just holes, couldnt even drive straight.

Also, http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/05/18/B2K-2.aspx

Amit
May 19th, 2011, 03:43 AM
That's a bit of an exaggeration. I play on 1000-1500 ticket Atacama servers and it's not that bad. It's the terrain itself that is very uneven in addition to the shell craters. And when you got all kinds of shit flying at you and you need to maneuver, it certainly feels like there are holes in the ground. However, on the pavement it does get very bumpy if there are a lot of holes. That would indicate baseraping on Atacama, though.

Warsaw
May 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Helicopter circle-strafing galore. I admire the piloting but god damn is it annoying.

Also, you can blow holes in the jungle floor. You can't blow holes in sand because sand doesn't work like that, especially in the middle of a sand storm.