PDA

View Full Version : IG Brainz Source

flyingmonkey3
December 13th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I've been thinking of creating a server app version of IG Brainz that will work on hosted servers, so I've been asking around for the source. I tried e-mailing Biti, but he never replied. Then I tried contacting Dwood since he also has the source, but it seems he is ignoring me. As such, I am resorting to making a post about this. Could someone please send me the source for IG Brainz?

Cortexian
December 13th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I had it at one point, but all I seem to have now is the actual app Biti and I collaborated on to make it do something specific I needed... I'll see if I can redirect Biti to this thread as well.

Limited
December 13th, 2010, 05:59 PM
If your asking for the source, how are you making it yourself? Also I believe the maker said he never wanted it to be public, or perhaps thats another app.

flyingmonkey3
December 13th, 2010, 06:11 PM
If your asking for the source, how are you making it yourself? Also I believe the maker said he never wanted it to be public, or perhaps thats another app.

Well I wouldn't really be making it myself. I guess you could say I would be converting it to a server app. The intention here is to make it work with hosted servers like GS that won't accept external apps like IG Brainz as it is now.

E: I guess my first post was badly worded. =/

Limited
December 13th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Well I wouldn't really be making it myself. I guess you could say I would be converting it to a server app. The intention here is to make it work with hosted servers like GS that won't accept external apps like IG Brainz as it is now.

E: I guess my first post was badly worded. =/
Fair enough, so you plan to edit the current dedicated server executable file with the features...See what gets me puzzled is the fact that if you had that coding ability, you wouldn't need the source code for the current app because you could easily code the logic behind it.

flyingmonkey3
December 13th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Fair enough, so you plan to edit the current dedicated server executable file with the features...See what gets me puzzled is the fact that if you had that coding ability, you wouldn't need the source code for the current app because you could easily code the logic behind it.

To be honest I don't really have that much coding ability. I'm hoping to learn as I go. I'd let someone else do this, but either it's taking a long time or no one is willing to do it. Basically, someone has to do it, so I'll give it a shot.

IGMBiti
December 13th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I agree with what Limited says about the logic. Not only that, but the source code to Brainz is a complete mess to navigate. If you're going to edit the executable you should start from scratch or some other base, but if you still want to look at the source code just google reflector and have it disassemble Brainz; although, if I understand the situation correctly, I do not think modifications to Brainz would achieve what you want.

flyingmonkey3
December 13th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Ok thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do.

supersniper
December 13th, 2010, 11:00 PM
lol you didn't protect your code...