PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 vs Halo: CE

Vadam930
December 15th, 2010, 02:04 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/

Obviously Fallout 3 is the lesser of the two, make your vote count!

The vote is on the right of the homepage.:downs:

EDIT: Looks like it's finished. =(

Warsaw
December 15th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Fallout 3 is winning, seriously? That game was rubbish by itself and it didn't have any effect on games that came after it. Halo had the result of nearly all console shooter copying its control scheme, popularizing the console LAN party, and then it was a damn good game on top of it. Way more fun than Fallout 3 ever was.

Majority of voters are morons.

Heathen
December 15th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Well my vote is winning.

Pooky
December 15th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Fallout 3 is winning, seriously? That game was rubbish by itself and it didn't have any effect on games that came after it. Halo had the result of nearly all console shooter copying its control scheme, popularizing the console LAN party, and then it was a damn good game on top of it. Way more fun than Fallout 3 ever was.

Majority of voters are morons.

Unfortunately there are way too many people who hate on Halo just for being popular, without ever understanding what was really great about it. These same people claim Halo is 'unoriginal' or 'not innovative' without realizing that virtually every aspect of modern console FPS owes its existence to Halo.

Go look at the Escapist forums, a whole lot of ignorance there.

CtrlAltDestroy
December 15th, 2010, 04:14 PM
actually enjoyed fallout more than i did halo. though i gave my vote to halo because it deserves it more

Donut
December 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM
idk if the poll is the same for you guys, but right now its metroid prime vs. half life 3.

prime has 50.9% of the vote and half life 2 had 49.1%, out of about 50000 voters. i was sure half life 2 would have won, but this is interesting.

Warsaw
December 16th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Half-Life 2 was, again, more revolutionary than Metroid Prime. It's the game that motivated everybody else to have great NPC design and, I would say, motivated everyone to optimize their games better. "Hey, if Source can look this good on this shit PC, we need to do just as well so we don't alienate buyers." It also had fantastic gameplay and an engaging plot.

Pooky
December 17th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Half-Life 2 was, again, more revolutionary than Metroid Prime. It's the game that motivated everybody else to have great NPC design and, I would say, motivated everyone to optimize their games better. "Hey, if Source can look this good on this shit PC, we need to do just as well so we don't alienate buyers." It also had fantastic gameplay and an engaging plot.

Metroid prime was the game that not only proved you could do a Metroid game in 3D, or that you could do an adventure game in first person, but it did both of those at the SAME TIME. It also happened to have literally the most immersive atmosphere of anything to ever exist.

=sw=warlord
December 17th, 2010, 05:17 AM
What the fuck?
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1371/whatthefuckg.png

Cortexian
December 17th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Just don't vote and hope everyone else is like-minded.

Con
December 17th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Game of the decade is something that should be judged by industry professionals, not by fanboys voting on their latest favourite franchise game. Older games don't get the credit they deserve for setting trends and standards for years to come.

=sw=warlord
December 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Game of the decade is something that should be judged by industry professionals, not by fanboys voting on their latest favourite franchise game. Older games don't get the credit they deserve for setting trends and standards for years to come.
This right here.

This is a competition of Game of the decade not Game with the most fanboys.

Warsaw
December 17th, 2010, 06:10 PM
^ So true. However, not going to stop me from commenting.

Metroid prime was the game that not only proved you could do a Metroid game in 3D, or that you could do an adventure game in first person, but it did both of those at the SAME TIME. It also happened to have literally the most immersive atmosphere of anything to ever exist.

Proving you can do an established franchise in a slightly different way does not count as revolutionary unless it also happens to be the first time anything was done that way at all. It also wasn't an adventure game in the same sense as true adventure games. As for immersiveness, well, that's subjective. Personaly, I think Half-Life 2 has to be the most immersive game I've ever played. If you want to look at it objectively, the only thing about Samus is that she is mostly human. With Half-Life, you can connect with the fact that it's happening on your planet, it's happening only 18 years from now, and your character is human. The great facial animation (which actually WAS revolutionary at the time) only exacerbates it.

=sw=warlord
December 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM
You want to know a game that really was overlooked?
Pariah (http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/841/pariah/), It was the first game to take me back with facial animations.

Arteen
December 17th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Ahahaha, Gordan Freeman isn't a human. He's a mute, floating gun that uses psychic powers to drive. Hell, I can't believe there are still modern first-person games where you can look down and not see your legs.

Pooky
December 17th, 2010, 11:15 PM
^ So true. However, not going to stop me from commenting.

Proving you can do an established franchise in a slightly different way does not count as revolutionary unless it also happens to be the first time anything was done that way at all. It also wasn't an adventure game in the same sense as true adventure games. As for immersiveness, well, that's subjective. Personaly, I think Half-Life 2 has to be the most immersive game I've ever played. If you want to look at it objectively, the only thing about Samus is that she is mostly human. With Half-Life, you can connect with the fact that it's happening on your planet, it's happening only 18 years from now, and your character is human. The great facial animation (which actually WAS revolutionary at the time) only exacerbates it.

There are other criteria than simply how 'revolutionary' something is. Sheer quality being one.

e: also, I only use the label 'adventure game' as it's the closest one to the truth. Metroid Prime is a game that defies classification.

Warsaw
December 17th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Revolutionary happens to carry some of the most weight, though. That and sales. A solid game can't be game of the decade without having a hefty amount in those categories.

Pooky
December 18th, 2010, 02:14 AM
The Metroid series has always been somewhat overlooked considering the extremely high quality of its entries. I should add that everything about this poll is subjective, there is no objective measure of the 'best' game.

Warsaw
December 18th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I can agree to that.