PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 lag problem.

assassinchief107
December 25th, 2010, 08:53 AM
The game is ultra annoying: whenever I play, it goes very smooth, no problems at all, then it goes lagging like a bitch and pisses me off, then goes back to normal, lags again etc. How do I fix this? I set it to the lowest resolution, is that the only downgrader? Do Bungie really want their game to look 'pretty' even in crappy computers (not that mine is). So how do I fix this?

annihilation
December 25th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Turn off Vsync.

assassinchief107
December 25th, 2010, 09:29 AM
There is no option for that? The only 'downgradable' thing there, is the resolution, which never solved a crap.

assassinchief107
December 25th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I am epicly dumb, instead of adjusting the settings in the main menu, I did it in the pause one, which had no level of detail decrease. LOCK

Shock120
December 25th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Do Bungie really want their game to look 'pretty' even in crappy computers (not that mine is). So how do I fix this?Bungie doesn't care, and frankly the majority of the whole world don't even know this game exists.

Turn off Vsync.he means, add a -novsync argument in a H2V shortcut.

assassinchief107
December 25th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I hope you read my other post. I was wrong, I didn't adjust the game correctly, that's all.
E: still lagging, please help?

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
December 25th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Your video card might be overheating.

I had the same problem with my older video card where the fan did not want to work, you actually had to spin it manually to make it blow (air)
Whenever I didn't do it, FPS in every game went to very smooth to extreme choppyness for a few minutes, then back to the very smooth FPS, and then back, etc.

Vicky
December 25th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Consider closing apps in the background you don't use, maybe even services. I always run EndItAll (2) before starting online gaming, set to kill some unused services as well.

=sw=warlord
December 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM
or it could just be H2V.
I get a steady 70+FPS in H2V but has signs of it lagging and occasionally drops through the floor for no reason.

assassinchief107
December 25th, 2010, 08:21 PM
FIXED IT. T'was because of my angle, the fan didn't really breathe, so now that it's open, no more lag.
LOCK NAO

Shock120
December 26th, 2010, 10:28 AM
FIXED IT. T'was because of my angle, the fan didn't really breathe, so now that it's open, no more lag.
LOCK NAOYou can lock the thread yourself, by clicking on the "Thread Tools", and Close thread. :D

supersniper
December 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
nb4lock