PDA

View Full Version : HCE Halo Titles conversion into UDK

xFUNKYFACE
January 7th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for people to help me in my new project which is a conversion of all Halo Series game (Starting by Halo 1) into UDK (Unreal Devellopement Kit). In this conversion I want to recreate the hole into an Hight Defenition engine which is free and open Source for any Free Games. More information about the engine at : www.udk.com (http://www.udk.com). I've already started to program the menu aspects of the game, I getting pretty good in modeling too.

If anybody is interested send me an e-mail at louis_ouellet@hotmail.com

Thanks and Hopping to have some feedbacks
--
Louis

SnaFuBAR
January 7th, 2011, 08:39 PM
You have no idea about the magnitude of what you want to undertake. Unless you have a HUGE team of DEDICATED and EXTREMELY TALENTED individuals, this will not see even 1% completion.

Start small. Really small. Let's start with seeing your models.

Amit
January 9th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Not to mention that =SW=Warlord is in progress of attempting what you are trying to accomplish.

CodeBrain
January 9th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Not to mention that =SW=Warlord is in progress of attempting what you are trying to accomplish.

=SW=Warlord is doing a Halo Conversion project for CRYSIS (Crytek Engine), not the UDK XD

Roostervier
January 10th, 2011, 11:39 PM
yeah and he's got about as much progress as this kid. this is a bad idea, case closed

Shock120
January 11th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Cool.
Is there plans to "port" Halo campaign onto other engines?
Source engine seems nice.

=SW=Warlord is doing a Halo Conversion project for CRYSIS (Crytek Engine), not the UDK XDxD

Amit
January 11th, 2011, 10:11 PM
=SW=Warlord is doing a Halo Conversion project for CRYSIS (Crytek Engine), not the UDK XD

The fucking hell was I thinking? lol

t3h m00kz
January 12th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I can't agree with Snaf more

Do you understand how big of a task this would be? Your plan is to recreate 5 highly succesful titles made by professional game developement companies who make billions. Games that took professional companies years to develop.

This isn't something that can't be done by people who do this sort of thing as a hobby, which makes up the majority of the people here (not to hate on you guys or anything). The people required to do this would have to be professionals, and finding a team of professional programmers, modelers, texture artists, and everything else required to be a game dev in public forum seems very unlikely as most of the professionals are putting their time and effort trying to get into the game developement/movie industry.

I'm not going to rule out the possibility that you may have some great experience and raw talent with what you do (modeling, programming), and may actually have what it takes to convince people to join you in your endeavors. However, nobody can be the judge of that until you at the very least show what you're capable of.

Pooky
January 12th, 2011, 04:44 AM
At the very least, start with something much less ambitious. Say, converting the multiplayer weapon models from Halo PC over to UT3. Then once you have that done, work on recreating the behavior of those weapons. Then work on modifying movement and physics to feel more like Halo, and try to add shields.

In short, baby steps. This is how a lot of famous and popular mods get made, by starting small and continually adding things.

Futzy
January 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM
And this is why nobody joins or posts on this forum anymore.

Warsaw
January 12th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Because we tell them the truth? We're not telling him to abandon the project, we're telling him to micromanage it. Why? Because one has to have people to do a project like this. How do you assemble people? Show them some of your work to date. What better way to do that than by starting with small things like ports of guns or characters?

=sw=warlord
January 13th, 2011, 06:53 AM
yeah and he's got about as much progress as this kid. this is a bad idea, case closed
Oh right?
Because I don't update this place about ever move I make regarding my project I've apparently only got an idea and no actual assets for the project?
Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

Yeah..about that.
A)
I'm not making a total campaign conversion.
B)
I've actually taken time to look into everything needed and have built quite a resource of materials to be used.
C)
I've undertaken projects like what I'm doing before.

Shock120
January 13th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Oh right?
Because I don't update this place about ever move I make regarding my project I've apparently only got an idea and no actual assets for the project?
Ignorance is bliss isn't it?Is there anywhere you can keep people up to date on this sort of stuff? like a blog?
I'm very interested in seeing Halo on other engines. :D

=sw=warlord
January 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Is there anywhere you can keep people up to date on this sort of stuff? like a blog?
I'm very interested in seeing Halo on other engines. :D

I've got a fairly long thread on Crymod, the Crysis community website.
I've mentioned it a few times in my thread here.

Shock120
January 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Found this on Youtube...
ek1Eh9mRpmw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
:ugh: It's too awesome, even though this is clearly unfinished.

=sw=warlord
January 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Found this on Youtube...

:ugh: It's too awesome, even though this is clearly unfinished.
That's actually been cancelled since and was using content from Halo2 though i'm not sure exactly how much is custom and not.
You can download the stuff for that in the info on another of his videos showing that level.

Shock120
February 17th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Halo 3's Phantom in Crysis 2. :3
BddTqMl6cks
:v:

Cortexian
February 17th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Looks gorgeous, the SCAR shouldn't be making those glitched sounds though.

Amit
February 17th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Looks gorgeous, the SCAR shouldn't be making those glitched sounds though.

Yeah. I get that same sound when playing on my iMac through bootcamp, but this Piece of shit laptop runs the sounds no problem for some reason. And BTW, that's a SCARAB, not the SCAR.

=sw=warlord
February 17th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Halo 3's Phantom in Crysis 2. :3

:v:

I thought those guys had given up by now.
They're a group on Halomaps that got chased off Crymod after trying to claim creational credit for rips from Halo 3.
Here's a few more of their videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6SujQW6PNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rtK8SrZUtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJi0-9sOGl4

sevlag
February 18th, 2011, 04:44 PM
speaking of mods my team for modding I wanted to try doing a10 from the covenant's perspective in UDK...while I myself know how fucking long that would take...i quick Q

would you guys be willing to play a unreal mod that pits the pope, ghandi and the dali lama in a 3 way free for all deathmatch on the moon?

SnaFuBAR
February 18th, 2011, 04:57 PM
would you guys be willing to play a unreal mod that pits the pope, ghandi and the dali lama in a 3 way free for all deathmatch on the moon?
so far that sounds pretty amazingly stupid as fuck.

sevlag
February 19th, 2011, 09:51 AM
so far that sounds pretty amazingly stupid as fuck.
its either that or we rape every character bitmap with neon strips and make the guns shoot discs because the fallback plan is tron

KantIZBack
February 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
The only remotely way that i could see this being possible is make a application or somthing that takes every hce tag and makes them into a UDK file....

but that would take file format figuring out.
alot of coding
Time.

.... Don't even try.

DarkHalo003
February 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM
At the very least, start with something much less ambitious. Say, converting the multiplayer weapon models from Halo PC over to UT3. Then once you have that done, work on recreating the behavior of those weapons. Then work on modifying movement and physics to feel more like Halo, and try to add shields.

In short, baby steps. This is how a lot of famous and popular mods get made, by starting small and continually adding things.
Yeah, has anyone even done this yet? Like seriously, you'd think someone would have by now. I know someone has the Spartan biped in the UDK, but I haven't seen anything else.

Dwood
February 19th, 2011, 05:07 PM
The only remotely way that i could see this being possible is make a application or somthing that takes every hce tag and makes them into a UDK file....

but that would take file format figuring out.
alot of coding
Time.

.... Don't even try.

BlamLib. All I have to say.