PDA

View Full Version : H2V Stuck in single player map. Objectives ="push through quarantine zone to library

PaulAnthonyMail
January 8th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Hi guys can you help me out here, playin in single player and im at the part where the mission is for the arbitor to
"Push through the quarentine zone toward the library".

Its snowing and I have just picked up a hog that was perched against a wall, drove past two elites that were sitting in ghosts at the mouth of a tunnel, but they never attacked me, then into another tunnel. I can see a big brown door opposite, I've drove the hog over a kind of bridge thing and then up to it and used (stood on it) the hog to jump up onto a platform, I expected the door to open but nothing happens, the last enemy I killed was one of those giant librarian things, since then nothing. I been around and around trying to find some secret button to press of some trigger to shoot but I cant seem to find my way out.

soo stuck here, help me out if you can :ugh:

many thanks in advance

CodeBrain
January 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Question: Have you modded this map file at all?

If not I probably have some other reasons why that could be happening.

Warsaw
January 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Picture of present location would also help.

Resinball
January 11th, 2011, 06:00 PM
If you die enough times (multiple suicides) you will be sent back to the checkpoint before your last. This can/should help reset an issue such as this. If not you can restart the map.

CodeBrain
January 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM
If you die enough times (multiple suicides) you will be sent back to the checkpoint before your last. This can/should help reset an issue such as this. If not you can restart the map.

The thing is now I see what the problem is.

The Gondola travels towards the second door, the one the Sentinel Enforcer pops out of and shoots that Phantom. It doesn't open.

This is most likely a glitch from Gravemind, it's not really kind to .scenario files and device_machines.

Reason why I say this is this EXACT error this guy is talking about happened to me a long time ago. A similar incident happened on Delta Halo, the gondolas never appeared, therefore I couldn't finish the level.

supersniper
January 12th, 2011, 12:05 AM
you just gotta trigger the checkpoint some how.

PaulAnthonyMail
January 12th, 2011, 12:31 AM
ok so can you tell me how to take and post a screen shot.

PaulAnthonyMail
January 12th, 2011, 12:32 AM
not modded at all, its all straight out of the box and upgraded

Shock120
January 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM
not modded at all, its all straight out of the box and upgradedDid you at least activate*/attack** the 4 pistons at each corner of the elevator? and then deactivated the containment shield?

*Hold X to activate.

** On Legendary you must shoot it until it turns red, when finished it will let of some steam/gas.

PaulAnthonyMail
January 13th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Did you at least activate*/attack** the 4 pistons at each corner of the elevator? and then deactivated the containment shield?

*Hold X to activate.

** On Legendary you must shoot it until it turns red, when finished it will let of some steam/gas.

Ok I found out wot da problem was, seems I took a wrong turn when i was on one part of the map, I ended up in a kind of dead zone
which was a away from the intended course, i cruised around a bit more then found another kind of cave thing with an exit area that was being patrolled
by them libarian things, after I went outside again the game began to "check point" again and soon I was watching cut scenes of Ms Keyes collecting the
key thingy and the Master chief, Arbitor and some creature having a chin wag about stuff.

So thank you all for your efforts with my question,

regards

Paul

PaulAnthonyMail
January 13th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Question: Have you modded this map file at all?

If not I probably have some other reasons why that could be happening.

No modding at all, :)