PDA

View Full Version : HCE Aether error

LlamaMaster
January 11th, 2011, 08:55 PM
http://img140.imageshack.us/i/42135925.jpg/

http://img84.imageshack.us/i/24028589.jpg/

I tried to find mscorlib.dll to see if I could increase the index size, but there are too many instances of it on my PC to tell which one goes to the program. I assume this has something to do with the poly count in my map being too big, but I'm not entirely sure. The program just crashes every time I try to export lightmaps for this map, but works on any other maps I test.

FireScythe
January 12th, 2011, 04:31 AM
It should be able to handle any bsp that fits the stock limitations of the original HEK. I can only suggest that you create a fresh Aether project and try again, otherwise I would need a copy of your BSP to try and track down the problem.

Siliconmaster
January 12th, 2011, 10:08 AM
That is indeed bizarre. Definitely something with the bsp- it works ingame, right?

LlamaMaster
January 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
It should be able to handle any bsp that fits the stock limitations of the original HEK. I can only suggest that you create a fresh Aether project and try again, otherwise I would need a copy of your BSP to try and track down the problem.

I tried remaking the project, but it's the same problem every time. I can't export the BSP or lightmap obj without it crashing. I'll go ahead and send you a copy of my BSP.

That is indeed bizarre. Definitely something with the bsp- it works ingame, right?

Yup, it's completely playable ingame with lightmaps from tool.

Edit: Disregard what I said about it working on any other maps I test, because I just tried bloodgulch and it gave me the same error. I guess I'll try doing this on another computer to see if that makes it work.

LlamaMaster
January 14th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Well, I installed a completely fresh version of CE and the HEK, along with a redownloaded version of aether on a separate computer, and I still get the same error when I try to extract the bloodgulch BSP. Does this thing hate vista/windows 7 or something? I also tried running it on one core, but that didn't help either. Both of my computers are 64bit if that matters.

Edit: Using the old version of Aether from Halomaps seems to have fixed the problem.