PDA

View Full Version : Meh. Fuck it.

p0lar_bear
January 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Sup people. You may notice a small change to the left, where my name is.

...Yeah, I'm stepping down again.

Things have changed (for the better, so this isn't like my last vacation), and to be blunt, I just can't care anymore. I seem to check this site in weekly intervals and doing work is the last thing on my mind coming here, so I'm going to just step down already instead of leaving admin status on myself on the off-chance I feel like doing something. No problems with anyone here or anything like that.

So, I'm still here, probably gonna become a lurker for the most part. When the internet works at my place I'll still be on AIM/Steam for anyone that has my contact info.

Syuusuke
January 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Well, at least you have your pants back on.

Patssj6
January 14th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Justin Bieber made 143 accounts just for you to step down.

Also you don't have to do this just because that bear was shot down.

Dwood
January 14th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Aww that's not cool bro. We need at least one admin that checks on the site on a regular basis!

annihilation
January 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Not again.

Amit
January 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Fuck.

Timo
January 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Good luck with whatever you're up to.

Cortexian
January 14th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Freelancer for admin 2011.

It's sucky to see such a long-standing community member go way of the lurker.

Limited
January 14th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Is it a 'proper' stepdown? As in, you have NO powers at all?

Personally I will lose respect for you, if you still have some powers left, either quit admin fully or commit.

Still that said it will be different without you being admin :) Though my fondest memories of you are before your administration days.

Pooky
January 14th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Aww that's not cool bro. We need at least one admin that checks on the site on a regular basis!

Not again.

Fuck.

All of these.

Amit
January 14th, 2011, 06:54 PM

Personally I will lose respect for you, if you still have some powers left, either quit admin fully or commit.

Still that said it will be different without you being admin :) Though my fondest memories of you are before your administration days.

Him quitting admin won't bring those days back.

Arteen
January 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Modacity is serious business?

paladin
January 14th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Come to Redmond with the cool kids. KM isnt cool because hes in Ghettoway

Patssj6
January 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM

I didn't know something like respect exists on the internet trolol.

Spartan094
January 14th, 2011, 09:33 PM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6342/1293853941925.png

sevlag
January 14th, 2011, 10:23 PM
IT....BEGINS!!!

Hotrod
January 14th, 2011, 11:52 PM
So this kinda sucks... :/

Timo
January 15th, 2011, 02:47 AM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8094/1284789709215.png

t3h m00kz
January 15th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Come to Redmond with the cool kids.

Damn shame I haven't been on live very much lately, we'd probably be hangin out more

Limited
January 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
:golfclap: And we wonder why modacity is filled with pathetic kids...

Hotrod
January 15th, 2011, 12:30 PM
We do?

paladin
January 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

EX12693
January 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
:downs:

=sw=warlord
January 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM

And yet you persist in participating in the forums.
although Halomaps can be compared to bungie.net, this forum can also be compared to Halo maps in the kind of attitudes a few certain members here have.
The only real difference is there are more staff here than halomaps and the majority here are older than those at halomaps and so have more adult ways to insult and bitch.

Hotrod
January 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM
And yet you persist in participating in the forums.
although Halomaps can be compared to bungie.net, this forum can also be compared to Halo maps in the kind of attitudes a few certain members here have.
The only real difference is there are more staff here than halomaps and the majority here are older than those at halomaps and so have more adult ways to insult and bitch.
That's true, but the ratio between mature members and immature members seems to be higher here. Then again, as it's been mentioned many times before, older and more mature members tend to pick on younger, less experienced members a lot more than other places. I'll admit that I've done that a few times as well and I'm not proud of it :/

But, another main difference between here and Halomaps (in my opinion anyway) is that the staff here actually seem to do something when their members are getting out of hand, while Dennis at Halomaps seems to not care as much and sometimes just says "fuck it" and closes the forums for a while.

Dwood
January 16th, 2011, 04:03 PM
He's only closed the forum once that I remember. Dennis is only one person running a company and has to maintain the forums by himself because of the uxb terms of service.

n00b1n8R
January 16th, 2011, 08:49 PM
n00b1n8R for admin, 2011
~it begins~

p0lar_bear
January 17th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Can we please not turn this into a Halomaps vs. Modacity pissing match? There are two long-running topics in this community that piss me right off: ripping and comparing sites.

I went into the Admin CP myself and set my primary usergroup to Registered User. After saving, I was kicked out of the ACP. The only thing resembling powers that I have left are the ability to talk to jcap, and a list of server passwords on my flash drive, which right now is being used as a memory unit for my XBox, which is at my girlfriend's house.

Maybe sometime in the future I'd like to do work again, I dunno. The main issue is my new job, which entails pretty much working with a team coding for Drupal, shaping it into an ecommerce platform. My mindset right now is Drupal Drupal Drupal, and tbh vBulletin looks like a gigantic clusterfuck of code and templates that I really don't feel like dealing with at the moment.

Damn shame I haven't been on live very much lately, we'd probably be hangin out more

Yes and no. I haven't been at my house a lot for the past few weeks, not to mention there's a firewall issue at my house that's not letting me on the internet.

InnerGoat
January 17th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Bro you ain't goin nowhere.

best of luck to you with your derpal job btw :downs: