PDA

View Full Version : HCE Anyone interested in a UI tutorial?

Timo
January 24th, 2011, 03:22 AM
I'm thinking about creating a video or text tutorial on creating your own themed UI (SP and MP menus as well), as well as creating your own menus to some extent.

It would also include a quick reference to show people where all the tags/bitmaps for each menu is located in the tags\ui directory (i'm still not sure how i'd achieve this, short of creating a UI with text all over it, or a webpage with screenshots covered in directory text).

Would anyone be interested in this?

Cortexian
January 24th, 2011, 03:31 AM
You should spend the time on releasing the Delta Halo UI instead. That would actually be productive.

Just sayin'

Timo
January 24th, 2011, 03:36 AM
If someone is able to send me a late build along with the SP/MP tags, a release could be on the books at the same time.

Patrickssj6
January 24th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I would watch it because I love tutorials :P

jcap
January 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Why waste time on this if you last told me

ps you can fuck right off if you ever think i'm going to touch the HEK again lol.
when I wanted to work on it? It was going to be awesome too... :(

Also what happened to Inferno since he got banned? He said he was going to work on a small request for the temple BSP.

Higuy
January 24th, 2011, 02:21 PM
If you guys need a BSP for the Delta Halo UI to get the hell out faster, then talk to me. If you are wanting to use a modified version of the Harbinger BSP, I can work on that as well.

As for a UI tutorial, sure. Would be nice.

Timo
January 24th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Why waste time on this if you last told me

when I wanted to work on it? It was going to be awesome too... :(

Also what happened to Inferno since he got banned? He said he was going to work on a small request for the temple BSP.

Because i'll finally have a bit of free time over the next few weeks - something like this would only take a few days to hammer out. Starting again from scratch as you wanted to would take months, time I don't have. Oh, and I don't want to because you'll probably end up hating it when you finish it, and refuse to release it.

annihilation
January 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I'd love it if you would make a UI tutorial. (who wouldn't?)

Patrickssj6
January 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I remember there being a UI tutorial a long time ago which covered the basics.

Timo
January 24th, 2011, 05:04 PM
It's pretty hard to find previous UI tutorials on halomaps since "UI" is too short to be considered a keyword :\

This tutorial would basically go over the widget tags, the basic layout and naming conventions of the ui\ directory and a few other bits. There's not much else to it. The bulk of the effort would go into creating a way to show where all the bitmaps/widgets are located in the ui directory, making it far easier/quicker to create your own uis.

assassinchief107
January 28th, 2011, 06:33 AM
*Raises hand* I have a retarded question.
Is it possible to do it in MS Paint?

Timo
January 28th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Of course, but it'd be a pretty square without transparency

t3h m00kz
January 28th, 2011, 07:15 PM
http://www.gimp.org/

In case you don't want to spend 200 bucks on photoshop

phantoms
January 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM
someone make me a wtc3 ui

Timo
January 31st, 2011, 05:00 AM
Started writing some stuff up now~

someone make me a wtc3 ui

Once i'm finished you should be able to do this yourself :o!

Cortexian
January 31st, 2011, 05:04 AM
Or you should make the entire thing a start to finish video tutorial, and just make it using wtc3, then don't release it ever release it.

Timo
January 31st, 2011, 05:14 AM
How about a UI that changes backgrounds from one epic map to another, when you push a button??!!?!?!?

assassinchief107
January 31st, 2011, 11:04 AM
If it's possible.

Rentafence
January 31st, 2011, 11:09 AM
How about the default UI but up res'd?

Timo
January 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM
If it's possible.
It is, the tricky part would be having it return to the previous bsp when you go back through the menus hitting escape.

How about the default UI but up res'd?
Nope.