PDA

View Full Version : Modacity Halo CE Servers

Pages : [1] 2

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I'm not really sure if Jcap wants these advertised yet, as we're still working on getting them setup. But they're awesome and using Pats new version alternator, so they gain players very fast and you can connect from any version of the game using Direct IP.

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.61.31.35%20:2001/b_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_1_1_0.png (http://hce.halomaps.org/server/?IP=173.61.31.35%20&Port=2001) http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.61.31.35%20:2002/b_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_1_1_0.png (http://hce.halomaps.org/server/?IP=173.61.31.35%20&Port=2002) http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.61.31.35%20:2003/b_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_1_1_0.png (http://hce.halomaps.org/server/?IP=173.61.31.35%20&Port=2003) http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.61.31.35%20:2004/b_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_1_1_0.png (http://hce.halomaps.org/server/?IP=173.61.31.35%20&Port=2004)

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.61.31.35%20:2005/b_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_1_1_0.png (http://hce.halomaps.org/server/?IP=173.61.31.35%20&Port=2005) http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.61.31.35%20:2006/b_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_1_1_0.png (http://hce.halomaps.org/server/?IP=173.61.31.35%20&Port=2006) http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.61.31.35%20:2007/b_160_400_0_FFFFFF_C5C5C5_FFFFFF_000000_1_1_0.png (http://hce.halomaps.org/server/?IP=173.61.31.35%20&Port=2007)

(Click images for live server query)

Amit
January 25th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Who runs and maintains the servers?

Patrickssj6
January 25th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Awesome I think I will play more HCE from now on.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Who runs and maintains the servers?
jcap and I are doing it now, they're on real dedicated boxes with 25/25 Mbps connections.

Amit
January 25th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Just ran the pubbies on the Modacity @ Gulch server:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/amit9821/haloce2011-01-2513-24-21-82.jpg

Some major bullshit went down, though and I never managed to cap the flag. I came damn close twice, but my gay teamates grenaded me out of out the warthog and then let me get killed by people assaulting our base. Killed 7 people in the last 30 seconds. How? Using the warthog chaingun and a good driver.

The server kept sending me messages about how the Gulch server is soft and I need to step it up to the Sack server. Does that happen to everyone at the same time? I was starting to think Freelancer was talking to me again. I also noticed the amount of people who were just down right stupid. Kept attempting to betray even though TK is off.

This one guy (same who stopped me from capping flag) put a grenade under my warthog with everyone in it just because he wanted to drive it. I got back in and my dudes followed and we escaped him. We was tearin' some ass up at red base and this douche comes with a rocket hog and fires the gun at us. What happens next? Red throws grenades. /life.

Is there a way we can request a vote on a person to be kicked?

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 12:35 PM
The ACTION SACK ads appear privately to players when they get 10 or 20 kills. If they get 30/40 kills the ads switch to CUSTOM HIVE ads. Yup, ads for a server that doesn't even exist yet :)

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Give me good custom map names and your preferred gametype on them. I need ideas for custom server gamenights. The third server is going to be running one custom map with a variation of objective and slayer gametypes for a few weeks and then we'll switch it up, but I'm thinking a scheduled gamenight every now and then on different maps wouldn't be bad either.

Patrickssj6
January 25th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Precipice

sevlag
January 25th, 2011, 02:24 PM
wartorn cove CTF

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 02:24 PM
wartorn cove CTF
How about Snowtorn Cove 100 Cap CTF no time limit? That's one I was planning.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
January 25th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Stack Of Dead, No Remorse

Rentafence
January 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Why the fuck did we not have servers already?

Also, maplists, or are the maps currently all default?

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 03:50 PM
THE GULCH:
24/7 Hour Long 5 Cap CTF Bloodgulch - boring server to attract newbs.

ACTION SACK:
beavercreek - shottyctf
hangemhigh - sniperhill
prisoner - shottyoddball
damnation - shottyctf
longest - shieldlessoddball
ratrace - shottyking

CUSTOM HIVE:
Snowtorn Cove 100 Cap CTF when Jcap gets less infatuated with amount of people in the servers and more on hosting good servers~

CANYON CTF (fourth server, just because):
Bloodgulch - standard CTF
Danger Canyon - standard CTF
Sidewinder - standard CTF
Ice Fields - standard CTF

Patrickssj6
January 25th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I think there are too many standard maps...

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I think there are too many standard maps...
Custom maps will be gradually added to CUSTOM HIVE. We don't want to make a big map pack, cause most people don't go DL new maps when a server switches from what they have. They just go find another server with a map they do have and want to play.

Patrickssj6
January 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Ah ok that's a good idea.

One question, did you remove the CD Key Check? I am surprised the servers are that full.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Nope.

jcap
January 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Is there a custom map that people actually play (besides Coldsnap)?

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Precipice has been popular lately. None of the mexicans or whoever the ethnic majority are that inhabit 1.00 play custom maps, they're to stupid.

Vicky
January 25th, 2011, 07:35 PM
That's TOO lol... anywho, although i'd probably have a terrible ping on these servers, what's with the names? Not a prefix like 'Modacity -' or something?

Patrickssj6
January 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Precipice has been popular lately. None of the mexicans or whoever the ethnic majority are that inhabit 1.00 play custom maps, they're to stupid.
Never forget that your custom server versions were written on Mexican grounds :P

That's TOO lol... anywho, although i'd probably have a terrible ping on these servers, what's with the names? Not a prefix like 'Modacity -' or something?
Yeah I would love a constant prefix as well.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 07:57 PM
There is a constant prefix, the naming standard is "Modacity - CAPITAL NAME". The only one that differs is Modacity @ THE GULCH because it makes more sense that way.

Vicky
January 25th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah looks good :) ... now where's the pings in the serverlist? (not nagging but i seem to have the same issues hosting myself which never was a problem till v1.09 came out :S )

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Yea dunno what that is my, dedicated servers never have pings in the list either.

Apparently we're re-purposing CUSTOM HIVE to more Bloodgulch because no one actually plays custom maps. People go on and on about how they want custom maps on custom edition, but servers with custom maps never get played.

Rentafence
January 25th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Apparently we're re-purposing CUSTOM HIVE to more Bloodgulch because no one actually plays custom maps. People go on and on about how they want custom maps on custom edition, but servers with custom maps never get played.

I'd be a regular every night if a server like that existed.

Cortexian
January 25th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I'd be a regular every night if a server like that existed.
Sure, there are people to play but I can probably count the regulars that'll be there on one hand.

Amit
January 26th, 2011, 01:07 AM
We need to get a spambot that drops into servers and tells them to go to Halomaps to download new maps and then direct them to the Hive server.

Patrickssj6
January 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I could host map packs on my webspace.

On a side note, it is very nice to see that our servers get a lot more people than other servers I have seen.

Lateksi
January 26th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Many people play custom maps. Less people join custom map servers with no players on them.

Rook
January 26th, 2011, 10:19 AM
So many people seem interested in playing lately how about you make a map pack and we have Thursday night gamenight? :3

Patrickssj6
January 26th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Very good idea we just need some maps :S

I am for Precipice and Port...never played them but they seem interesting.

Amit
January 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Jesus these servers are jam packed during the day.

Cortexian
January 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Here's the kicker. It's professional server hardware, but the connection is just Jcaps home connection.

And people complain about home servers being a bad thing. Pffft, get good connections scrubs~

E: And to clear up what I did to get it all working, I took the 1.09 exe that Pat provided (without SAPP/Rec0 support) and then patched it with the server patcher on xhalo.co.cc. I figured that would be the cleanest way to do it, guess I was a little wrong there eh? Good to see that Pat and Jcap were able to get that shit sorted fast. Now we're just waiting on Skyline to code us up a remote console application for server administrators, in case the servers are full and Jcap is in Jfap mode or something. :D

TVTyrant
January 26th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I know I'm going to get yelled at, but if you guys really want to make Custom HIVE successful, you should add (here it comes) a snow grove set-up. Alot of people played Sno Grove, and while I don't think it was the best map out there either, it was successful for a reason. It would attract alot of people who played during the 07-08 era and miss it now.

Cortexian
January 26th, 2011, 03:30 PM
We were going to put snow grove on, no need to flame about that map. The classic version (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4877) was great.

TVTyrant
January 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Honestly either version was really good. I really liked the gameplay on the old ban free server, especially when Mookz and some friends of ours decided to become "bot hunters" and spent all night sight jacking and then continuously raping aimbot players.

Rook
January 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Honestly either version was really good. I really liked the gameplay on the old ban free server, especially when Mookz and some friends of ours decided to become "bot hunters" and spent all night sight jacking and then continuously raping aimbot players.

I find that ironic when him or his buddy was botting in a game last year.

http://rook.codebrainshideout.net/images/hry-games.jpg

jcap
January 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/personal/haloceded_consoles.jpg

TVTyrant
January 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM

Wait what does that image show? What proof is in it that shows he was botting? Maybe I was the only one not botting? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cortexian
January 26th, 2011, 06:01 PM
CUSTOM HIVE now running independently, that's 5 servers now. All full at the moment. CUSTOM HIVE is on immure, because I guess the 1.00 community JUST learned of its existence. We'll have to ween them onto new maps slowly...

jcap
January 26th, 2011, 06:05 PM
http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/personal/haloceded_consoles_2.jpg

Wow, check that out! The server running a custom map has players in it!?

Vicky
January 26th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Ah that's what you meant :)

Indeed that pic says nothing about botting, a 3:1 ratio aint good :P

Cortexian
January 26th, 2011, 06:55 PM
There haven't been any botters or other viable cheaters in ANY of the servers while I've been playing in them. As they say, "News of 1.00's botters is greatly exaggerated".

phantoms
January 26th, 2011, 09:32 PM

http://rook.codebrainshideout.net/images/hry-games.jpg
whats the point of this picture.
also i hate you imposter.

Amit
January 26th, 2011, 10:11 PM
So when can I play on the Canyon server? It's the only one I haven't been able to join for two days straight :smith:

Rook
January 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Wait what does that image show? What proof is in it that shows he was botting? Maybe I was the only one not botting? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it as you will but one of them were definitely cheating and doing a bad job at it.

jcap
January 26th, 2011, 10:13 PM
So when can I play on the Canyon server? It's the only one I haven't been able to join for two days straight :smith:
Well, the server just crashed. It was full earlier, so I was waiting until it crashed before I replaced the exe with the fixed one. Now it's up again, should fill up soon.

Amit
January 26th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Well, the server just crashed. It was full earlier, so I was waiting until it crashed before I replaced the exe with the fixed one. Now it's up again, should fill up soon.

Well I joined it, but now there's nobody in it. Fuck this. It's pop tart time.

TVTyrant
January 26th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Take it as you will but one of them were definitely cheating and doing a bad job at it.

It was probably Blind. I played alot with him too and I always knew he was a botter >:O

Rook
January 26th, 2011, 11:03 PM
It was probably Blind. I played alot with him too and I always knew he was a botter >:O

Ganon was on my team aliasing as blind, the other team consisted of m00k and hry.

TVTyrant
January 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Oh Hry is a BotTasTic voyager for sure. All that kid does is bot.

phantoms
January 27th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hahahahahahhahaa.
Rook, tell ganon i hate him. this is ptlbidnd

Patrickssj6
January 27th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Hahahahahahhahaa.
Rook, tell ganon i hate him. this is ptlbidnd
apparently no one cares so...

Amit
January 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Why is there talk of botting in this thread?

phantoms
January 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
apparently no one cares so...
ill rape you in halo

Patrickssj6
January 27th, 2011, 03:04 PM
ill rape you in halo
That's fine with me

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
January 27th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Let's get back on topic shall we?

Seems that the servers are a success, all of them are near-full
I've been on the Action Sack server like 2 minutes ago, Damnation CTF No shield Shotties. Fun stuff, no wonder it was full.

But the immure one was incredibly annoying. Spawn, get blasted by a wasp, spawn, get blasted, etc. I am not even looking at that map ever again...

phantoms
January 27th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Let's get back on topic shall we?

Seems that the servers are a success, all of them are near-full
I've been on the Action Sack server like 2 minutes ago, Damnation CTF No shield Shotties. Fun stuff, no wonder it was full.

But the immure one was incredibly annoying. Spawn, get blasted by a wasp, spawn, get blasted, etc. I am not even looking at that map ever again...
yeah.
Should be permanently on Wartorn_cov3. Or at least for a little bit..

jcap
January 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM
How was the performance for you guys? For me, it seemed pretty good, just the random spurts of lag that's typical of Halo. I recall SpaceCadet saying he was experiencing a little lag, but I think that may be more related to his connection than the server's hardware or internet connection.

Dwight
January 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
They were quite smooth the time I played. Also good to see some other communities playing underrated custom maps again. :downs:

I'm a bit surprised that Modacity is supporting pirates all the sudden though.

Patrickssj6
January 27th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Jcap...add a

sv_say "Patrick: FUCK YOU ALL THIS IS NO PIRATES; NO MEXICANS; NO BOTS; OH AND FUCK YOU TOO"

:P

phantoms
January 27th, 2011, 04:49 PM
the pirates are all mexican........

Cortexian
January 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM
They were quite smooth the time I played. Also good to see some other communities playing underrated custom maps again. :downs:

Since when did we start supporting pirates? We're allowing players on version 1.00 with LEGITIMATE CD keys to play in our servers. The CD key check is still there, so only legitimate players on 1.00 can play on our servers.

Dwight
January 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Since when did we start supporting pirates? We're allowing players on version 1.00 with LEGITIMATE CD keys to play in our servers. The CD key check is still there, so only legitimate players on 1.00 can play on our servers.
Well, this is apparently not the case. I could join the servers with both, a public/shared CD Key and the portable version which almost all players on 1.00 are using and generates a random but working invalid CD Key (unless there's already a CD Key in the registry). It only rejects duplicate CD Keys.

If the CD Key check was still in place the servers would most likely be empty most of the time. At least this is what I learnt from my own experience over the last year. :smith:

Rook
January 27th, 2011, 05:15 PM

CD check is still in place if I'm not mistaken.

Patrickssj6
January 27th, 2011, 05:15 PM
random but working invalid CD Key?

The CD Key Check is still in place.

Cortexian
January 27th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I never removed the CD key check from these executables... It's the 1.09 SAPP one that Pat provided to jcap with the ASCII limitation removed, and allowing players to connect via Direct IP from any version.

jcap
January 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Well, this is apparently not the case. I could join the servers with both, a public/shared CD Key and the portable version which almost all players on 1.00 are using and generates a random but working invalid CD Key (unless there's already a CD Key in the registry). It only rejects duplicate CD Keys.

If the CD Key check was still in place the servers would most likely be empty most of the time. At least this is what I learnt from my own experience over the last year. :smith:
I actually did remove it yesterday using the patcher when Freelancer was offline, after Pat sent me the most recent version (I had to patch it for the two other things anyway). I did it because I thought it might at least make the servers more widely known. I do plan to put back the check, especially if someone ends up cheating, but for now it's off.

And I realized that all of this "supporting pirates" talk is just bullshit. Yeah, I am letting pirates play, but so what? If not, they'll go to any of the other 500 servers. They won't buy it just because one server out of 500 disallows them to play. I think anyone who doesn't buy this game is a piece of shit, but unless ALL server owners were to "unpatch" their servers overnight, we're just handicapping ourselves.

Patrickssj6
January 27th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Jcap crossed the border :haw:

Fine with me idc.

Amit
January 27th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Now, if the CD key check is removed, doesn't that make it hard to identify and ban troublesome players?

How was the performance for you guys? For me, it seemed pretty good, just the random spurts of lag that's typical of Halo. I recall SpaceCadet saying he was experiencing a little lag, but I think that may be more related to his connection than the server's hardware or internet connection.

Thanks to the server automatically kicking anyone over 400 ping, I have rarely seen lag except on the first day you guys put the server up. The immure server needs to change map, remove wasps, or die.

Vicky
January 27th, 2011, 05:38 PM

Actually pretty good considering i'm abroad. Ping 133ish but still very playable, no (mega-)warping or anything. GJ!

Corndogman
January 27th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I agree, who gives a shit. Its not like bungie is making any money off of this game... Its either play with pirates or dont play at all (well, barely play).

E: Performance has been mostly fine. Got some bad lag in the Canyon server that was a little worse than normal but that's it.

Rentafence
January 27th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Have the app check if the person has a legit cd key, if not

sv_say X IS A PIRATE FAGGOT

phantoms
January 27th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Let me just say it feels so good playing halo on something other than a laptop, and with a decent server too?
It feels like 2006 again <3

Amit
January 27th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Have the app check if the person has a legit cd key, if not

sv_say X IS A PIRATE FAGGOT

Probably won't be so effective if half the people in the servers are spawn camping, teabagging, TKing bastards anyways. The players that are legit simply don't give a shit and this is the reason pirates don't pay attention to it.

Rook
January 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Let me just say it feels so good playing halo on something other than a laptop, and with a decent server too?
It feels like 2006 again <3

rook has invited you to play Left 4 Dead 2. Click here to join. (http:/zor)

Cortexian
January 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM
The biggest "problem" we have now is that the servers occasionally freeze up every 24 hours approximately due to some conflict between SAPP and the version switching (at least that's what we think it is). And we can't move to Gandanur or Rec0 because jcap is like "PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICK PING KICKNEED IT NEED PING KICK".

So we're trying to get it working while we wait for Skyline to code us up some remote console and a custom app just for us with ping kick and eventually all the other features we like.

phantoms
January 27th, 2011, 05:57 PM
rook has invited you to play Left 4 Dead 2. Click here to join. (http:/zor)
404 not found

jcap
January 27th, 2011, 05:57 PM
The ping kick is a legitimate concern though. People join with like fucking dial-up.

Cortexian
January 27th, 2011, 06:01 PM
1337 ping isn't cool?

Dwight
January 27th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Don't get me wrong. Me and my colleague are running all our servers (on v1.09ce only) with CD Key check disabled since quite a while now. We enabled the CD Key check on some of the servers which were full most of the time and easily filled up with aimbotters for a short while. These servers ended up with being empty 24/7. Even on version 1.09 over 50% of the players are pirates these days. If we didn't allow pirates to play then I'm quite certain that Halo CE would be pretty much dead by now.

Good luck with getting players permanently banned in case you decide to keep the CD Key check disabled. ; )

BTW: I've just noticed that the newest SAPP patcher automatically removes the CD Key check even though it still shows enabled in the HCEPatcher.

Patrickssj6
January 27th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I have a feeling that SAPP is doing a lot more than we think and that is why our servers are crashing occasionally.

We really just need a lightweight server extension to kick high ping.

Vicky
January 27th, 2011, 06:52 PM
My serverapp could do that, not sure how it would react to all the patches extenstions etc.etc.

Kornman00
January 27th, 2011, 07:20 PM
A customizable extension could be added to OS for it. Of course there has never been that high of a demand for using some of the OS features under dedis so I don't test dedi builds of the DLL unless it's for official releases.

STLRamsFan
January 27th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Need to find a mouse so I can play again... Nice to see the game is still being played.

Amit
January 28th, 2011, 12:24 AM
It's been revived...for a little while. And what started it all? This (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?9853-No-CD-for-Halo-CE/page5) page. Good accomplishment in just over one week. Although, Pat may have been experimenting for a while now...maybe not.

Cortexian
January 28th, 2011, 03:22 AM
This should be a sticky IMO.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
January 28th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I recall SpaceCadet saying he was experiencing a little lag, but I think that may be more related to his connection than the server's hardware or internet connection.I didn't experience any lag... Until someone (not naming anyone) decided that it would be a great idea to watch a 1080p video on Youtube on the laptop...

Hunter
January 28th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Think I might start playing Halo again I had afew games the other night

jcap
January 28th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I have a feeling that SAPP is doing a lot more than we think and that is why our servers are crashing occasionally.

We really just need a lightweight server extension to kick high ping.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is SAPP that's fucking up here. I just unloaded and loaded the extension in a working server, and about 10 seconds later the server became unresponsive.

Cortexian
January 28th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Well that doesn't happen with a standard 1.09 executable (last time I checked), so I think it's still a conflict with that changes Pat has made.

Pooky
January 28th, 2011, 09:11 PM
When you're looking for more custom maps in the future, you may want to refer to this post (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?11422-Drop-what-you-re-doing-and-play-Halo-CE&p=555272&viewfull=1#post555272).

Cortexian
January 28th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Here's a little teaser of the app that Skyline is working on for us. For now it's just a basic remote console client, but previous versions of Norio have included features similar to Rec0s Devicator and Termys SAPP server-side applications. As a note, this has been tested over WAN as well, so don't think the net code needs work or anything because I'm connecting to a local server!

5BToTy1QZjs&hd=1
(watch on YouTube in fullscreen for the best detail)

This isn't actually on the Modacity servers yet either, as we're waiting for the current remote console to get tweaked up a little (I found a bug that causes a server crash 100% of the time, Skyline is fixing it) and we're also waiting for a ping kick feature. Shouldn't be to long for those two features to get in and polished up, after that other things will be added like an events system for **SERVER** messages, player statistic tracking similar to Rec0's app via the database, all the "fun" commands we've come to love, etc... No ETA on any of this, and I'm not sure when if ever it will be made public, but knowing Skyline I wouldn't be surprised if he releases the source code as well as the app if it gets to a nice polished stage.

Edit/note: I'd like to point out that Skyline isn't like our own personal dev, he's been working on this app for over a year in actuality. He's just going back and making it again from scratch to fix up some things that were causing issues in the old app and increasing the stability. I'm hoping that eventually he'll decide to to release the app publicly when he feels it's ready, until then, with his permission, I'll keep making videos on the functionality of the app as it progresses.

Patrickssj6
January 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Well there are some features he could add like a favorite server list into the remote app so one doesn't have to type in everything all the time.

I can help him if he wants but if he wants to work alone that's fine.

Cortexian
January 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Yup, that's a feature that has been suggested. We will hopefully have a version of this running on the Modacity servers by Friday, most likely sooner.

E: I'll have Skyline contact you about helping out, maybe you can work on "prettying up" the client app with favorites and such things while he works more on the server itself for now. Dunno.

sevlag
January 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM
too bad cere and synapse never got off the ground...we could've incorporated them into the servers

Cortexian
January 29th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Skyline already has some functionality from one of his previous endeavors to do player/game stats tracking. Player information is stored in the database (I assume all relevant game information will be as well), and then that is accessed and displayed by a website. With any luck that will also be implemented in the future.

This app will also have a vote system for certain things, such as "/vote kick player" and "/vote nextmap". We're still ironing out what's going in and how it's all going to be implemented, this is aimed at being a STABLE application over a feature packed clusterfuck application.

jcap
January 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hey guys,

http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/personal/haloceservers.jpg

Patrickssj6
January 30th, 2011, 08:34 PM
So you are hosting H2V now as well? :P

Pooky
January 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM
It's the mythical Delta Halo UI that will never be released.

phantoms
January 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,

http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/personal/haloceservers.jpg
send it

TVTyrant
January 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Or its just one of the ones that are on HaloMaps now that look just like it :P

Cortexian
January 30th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Or its just one of the ones that are on HaloMaps now that look just like it :P
There's none on HaloMaps that look anywhere near as good as the DHUI haha.

Rook
January 30th, 2011, 09:59 PM
send it

http://bacon.modacity.net/img/images/jdfsfdsf.jpg

how made

phantoms
January 30th, 2011, 11:06 PM
how made
you cannot hide aimbot.exe

CodeBrain
January 30th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Who's an admin on these servers?

I just got kicked from Bloodgulch x2 for some reason...

Cortexian
January 30th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Only me and jcap, you were most likely kicked for ping over 400.

Amit
January 31st, 2011, 08:08 PM

lol. Give us the UI! A "Give us the tags!" parody.

you cannot hide aimbot.exe

huh?

t3h m00kz
February 4th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Duke Nukem Forever will get released before DHUI.

Something to think about.

Vicky
February 8th, 2011, 08:52 PM
This auto-balancing is kinda annoying, it works but you keep getting tossed from team to team.. I think my servertool did a better job there, only get switched when you die and more than x number of difference in # of players on team, 9vs7 shouldn't be a reason to toss players around for example. If it really gets out of hand, like 12vs4 or so, you could force it.. just an idea.

Rentafence
February 9th, 2011, 11:45 AM
9vs7 shouldn't be a reason to toss players around for example.

Well, the max player count is 16, so yeah it should.

Cortexian
February 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
An imbalance of more than 1 results in a switch, obviously if there are an odd number of players in the server one team will have more players and that's not something we can improve on...

Vicky
February 9th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Well, the max player count is 16, so yeah it should.

That's what all noobs cry ingame, a bit of team can handle that difference... I think die 1st before killing/moving a player to the other team would be cleaner unless the difference in # of players is too big.

Cortexian
February 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
nLIuGokfKZc&hd=1
(watch on YouTube in fullscreen for the best detail)

Also, Delta Halo UI lololol.

Kornman00
February 10th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Stuff looks cool. Music is meh.

Amit
February 10th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Is that song by Pendulum? They have much better music than that trash.

EX12693
February 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Yeah it's Pendulum. Umm.... Slam. But... meh?

Also, Need to reinstall CE for this...

Cortexian
February 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah that's Pendulum, I don't like much of their other stuff from Hold Your Color. :v

EX12693
February 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Not any of the new stuff? I like the Island pair...

Cortexian
February 11th, 2011, 06:41 PM
4bHHv_CFT74&hd=1

Little test for something...

EX12693
February 11th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Lol tron music.

Also, what's this something? All I see is the effects of time freeze on the server side....

Cortexian
February 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
It's not time freeze.

Think flaming helmets...

Kornman00
February 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Just looks like they have something which changes/freezes the equipment (eg, grenades) detonation time.

EX12693
February 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Flaming helmets? In my Halo:CE?

TVTyrant
February 11th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Its more likely then you'd think.

Patrickssj6
February 11th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Just looks like they have something which changes/freezes the equipment (eg, grenades) detonation time.

I always wondered where that information is stored.

Kornman00
February 11th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I always wondered where that information is stored.
equipment definition->detonation delay
projectile definition->detonation timer

Since projectiles are tracked by networking, you could potentially spawn a projectile then attach it to the spartan's head for a blue flame effect

Amit
February 11th, 2011, 09:48 PM

Since projectiles are tracked by networking, you could potentially spawn a projectile then attach it to the spartan's head for a blue flame effect

I was thinking a red effect since that's how it is with Halo 3 and I think Reach?

Patrickssj6
February 11th, 2011, 10:03 PM

The detonation timer is decreasing or increasing? I wanted to do proximity mines...3 years back...didn't have much experience back then :v:

Tucker933
February 16th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I'm having trouble connecting to these servers. I input the IP and ports, it say's I've connected, but it waits at the loading screen and 10 seconds later says connection lost. I've tried this on both of my computers using 1.09... these are the only servers I encounter this issue with.

Cortexian
February 16th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Is it possible that you're using a pirated key? That would probably cause some conflicts. If not, I don't know what to tell you... The servers are obviously working as they've been full for weeks.

Tucker933
February 16th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Bought this key in 2003 legit. =\

{XG}Gijs007
February 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
some other people have the same issue with the {XG}servers and [RIP] ROCKET server(which are both also using Patrickssj6new tool.) they tried to join on 1.0 version, idk about 1.09 yet.
hopefully Patrickssj6 can fix it soon.

sevlag
February 20th, 2011, 01:04 PM
but HPC came out in 2004

H:CE X was released in 2001'

Kornman00
February 20th, 2011, 02:03 PM
but HPC came out in 2004
Nope (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved). 2003.

sevlag
February 20th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Nope (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved). 2003.
where the fuck am i getting 04 from ?

jcap
February 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM
CE

p0lar_bear
February 24th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I dropped in the other day, joined no problem and enjoyed repeatedly killing this one Spanish newbie. Lead sucked on the warthog gunner, though that could be just due to me not being used to the lead.

phantoms
February 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I dropped in the other day, joined no problem and enjoyed repeatedly killing this one Spanish newbie. Lead sucked on the warthog gunner, though that could be just due to me not being used to the lead.
everyone is from south america...

IMO instead of having two Gulch servers there should be two Canyon servers. SO much betta

Pooky
March 8th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Played a bit on custom hive earlier.

Please for the love of all that is holy, take the wasps off Immure. I joined a game where the other team had both wasps, kept getting spawn killed and randomly exploded by some douchebag. It's almost impossible to take down a wasp by yourself with +100 ping if the wasp driver has half a brain (my teammates were of course useless morons).

Those things are bad gameplay, plain and simple.

Rainbow Dash
March 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM
everyone is from south america...

IMO instead of having two Gulch servers there should be two Canyon servers. SO much betta

^^

Fuck bg

Please for the love of all that is holy, take the wasps off Immure. I joined a game where the other team had both wasps, kept getting spawn killed and randomly exploded by some douchebag. It's almost impossible to take down a wasp by yourself with +100 ping if the wasp driver has half a brain (my teammates were of course useless morons).

This, and immure sucks too, put some real customs on there :s

Cortexian
March 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Bloodgulch is popular. Jcap is a quantity over quality kind of guy when it comes to players in the servers.

Same goes for Immure, specifically the Wasps. The only reason it's so popular is because Wasps are a gimmick like the vehicles in Coldsnap/Hugeass.

Pooky
March 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Bloodgulch is popular. Jcap is a quantity over quality kind of guy when it comes to players in the servers.

Same goes for Immure, specifically the Wasps. The only reason it's so popular is because Wasps are a gimmick like the vehicles in Coldsnap/Hugeass.

Taking the wasp spawns off isn't going to stop people from joining. They'll just see immure and be like "ooh, overpowered gimmick vehicle I can whore!"

Once they join I doubt they'll just leave instantly because there's no wasps, and they might accidentally be exposed to good gameplay at some point!

P.S. the reason Gulch is so popular is because it caters to idiots and rewards repetitive, mindless tactics with lots of kills

Amit
March 8th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Freelancer justifies this with: "People like to join because they like to rape others endlessly." Well, it's not fun. People hardly play on it anymore compared to the more balanced and fair Modacity servers. More people play on those.

Patrickssj6
March 8th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Jcap is a quantity over quality kind of guy when it comes to players in the servers.

The fuck...it's not like you are making any money with this.

Rainbow Dash
March 8th, 2011, 09:58 PM
The Canyon server is just as full as the bg one, also lose all the tanks and banshees please.

TeeKup
March 8th, 2011, 11:06 PM
What's the point of action sack if every gametype has Shotguns + No shields? I find that boring and stupid.

Cortexian
March 9th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I've made all of these suggestions to Jcap before haha, Jcap doesn't see the point in hosting the servers if they're not full 90% of the time. They won't be full 90% of the time if we add these suggestions, so he's reluctant to try new things.

Kornman00
March 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
no mods, no jcap, free kayeemzee

jcap
March 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM
No, it's that we've tried new things, and they failed. There's no point in running servers on maps or gametypes that are going to drop empty when the map changes and won't gather any players, so that's why they were removed.

I'd also do another canyon server if Freelancer didn't have me running a minecraft server that is so poorly optimized that it used 100% of the system resources with only 2 players.

Rainbow Dash
March 9th, 2011, 09:29 PM
fuck minecraft, go put up that tf2 server yo

p0lar_bear
March 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
fuck minecraft, go put up that tf2 server yo

Two years ago I would have agreed with this.

You know, back when the only thing ruining the game were Demomen.

Rainbow Dash
March 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Two years ago I would have agreed with this.

You know, back when the only thing ruining the game were Demomen.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/maptest6v6s

:)

p0lar_bear
March 9th, 2011, 09:53 PM
If I had a PC capable of running the frankenstein that is TF2 and more time to actually play games, I'd join. I think over the past week I've logged about 6hrs Fallout 3, 3hrs Rock Band 3, and 1hr Reach...

phantoms
March 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Jcap, two bg servers is P GAY.
I'll admit BG attracts the most mexicans but theres hardly ever a free slot on the Canyon cycle
Even better would be replacing Gulch2 and putting a TS server on Damnation, RR, and something else.
doit

Pooky
March 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/maptest6v6s

:)

Glad that once again after getting bashed for a while people are starting to realize I was right. In fact the current state of TF2 reflects almost EXACTLY a conversation I had with n00b about a year ago about where the game was going.

I must be some QQ whiner with no skill, gfg.

Cortexian
March 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Damnation drops players like mad, generally half the population of the server if there was any indication from when we had it on Action Sack.

I'm open to having two CANYON servers instead of two GULCH servers.

Pooky
March 10th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Damnation drops players like mad, generally half the population of the server if there was any indication from when we had it on Action Sack.

I'm open to having two CANYON servers instead of two GULCH servers.

King on Damnation is a terrible combo.

Cortexian
March 10th, 2011, 02:42 PM
We had it on CTF.

phantoms
March 10th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I'd rather have a TS server than anything else

Pooky
March 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM
We had it on CTF.

CTF is terrible too... that map should only be played on Slayer really.

Cortexian
March 11th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Non-objective based games are pretty terrible on all maps.

Pooky
March 11th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Except Damnation obviously :downs:

TeeKup
March 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM
No, it's that we've tried new things, and they failed. There's no point in running servers on maps or gametypes that are going to drop empty when the map changes and won't gather any players, so that's why they were removed.

I'd also do another canyon server if Freelancer didn't have me running a minecraft server that is so poorly optimized that it used 100% of the system resources with only 2 players.

You could, I don't know, rotate SOME default maps in the beginning then move to customs. Seeing as how it runs a server app, make the server display a message warning players to download some customs maps that are in rotation. I advise the list of maps we tried getting a gamenight for that Rams and Pooky were working on. Hell use the goddamn F2 menu for it as well.

I just don't see the fucking point on playing default maps on Halo Custom Edition.

jcap
March 12th, 2011, 01:09 AM
We also tried that. No one bothers to get the custom maps, and the server just runs empty for 45 minutes. Then people join back again on classic maps and the cycle continues. 3/4 of the players don't speak English, so server messages didn't make a difference either.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
March 12th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Write the server messages in Spanish then

jcap
March 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Also tried that. I ran messages in both Spanish and English, but players still didn't care.

TeeKup
March 12th, 2011, 01:44 PM
You have 3 Servers. Canyon, Action Sack and Gulch X2. Integrate Gulch X2 into Canyon, and make the 3rd a custom rotation. Still try and advertise the custom maps in Action Sack and Canyon servers.

phantoms
March 12th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Custom map servers never get played
thats just how it is now, deal with it

Cortexian
March 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Custom map servers never get played
thats just how it is now, deal with it
Unfortunately, this is the truth.

If we were able to get a core of ACTIVE players to play in the custom servers DAILY for a few hours at minimum, that might attract other players to join.

Patrickssj6
March 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Lets just find an exploit in the 1.09 dedi and exception all servers for a few days until everyone switches to ours.

Vicky
March 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
If we were able to get a core of ACTIVE players to play in the custom servers DAILY for a few hours at minimum, that might attract other players to join.

Good idea.

Kornman00
March 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Lets just find an exploit in the 1.09 dedi and exception all servers for a few days until everyone switches to ours.
We can call it... El Nino :mech2:

Patrickssj6
March 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM
:P

Moctezuma's Revenge

Vicky
March 27th, 2011, 08:27 PM
And the auto-balance still sucks...

Cortexian
March 27th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Works perfectly fine imo.

Vicky
March 27th, 2011, 09:16 PM
The function itself does, being tossed from one team to the other all the time imo really sucks when the other team has 2 more/less players on a full server. Start in a team and you play with and for that team imo, on these servers there's no such thing.. like joining different servers all the time. The auto-balancing can't figure out (dumb pos imo) which team is stronger in gameplay either, if one whole team has like a 10:1 k/d ratio and the other a 1:10 ratio it will still kick players around. Function does work but it could check for more, time on server for example as well.

Cortexian
March 27th, 2011, 09:31 PM
More important things to do right now, like stop the app from crashing the servers all the time. This has been said a bunch tbh, and I can see why a lot of app developers cease development due to the constant barrage of requests they're taking. Upgrading the automatic team-balancing was added to the to-do list back when you first suggested it needed changing (before that actually, since we knew it needed work). That said, there are more important things to finish first.

Vicky
March 27th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Ok cool, crashing a server is worse of course.. i'll look forward to a 'smarter' balancing when i play there again (some day, ping aint that peachy).

Cortexian
March 27th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Pings are great for me and the rest of North America it seems... Servers are sharing a 25/25 Mbps line which is more than enough.

Pooky
March 27th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Just turn off the autobalance and teams will work themselves out. I've never seen a server where stacked teams stay stacked for very long, unless someone's deliberately trolling.

You can get around the autobalance by reconnecting, anyway.

Cortexian
March 27th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Teams don't work themselves out when the majority of the players don't speak English.

Kornman00
March 27th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Then put a translator into the server app! fuck!

Dwood
March 28th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Ohh a google translator connection api deal. Would be cool.

Cortexian
March 28th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Yeah, that has been planned for awhile now. Plan was to get users IP and match it to their region and then convert all text into their language using the Google Translate API.

Patrickssj6
March 28th, 2011, 06:17 PM
chupar cojones, bolsa de té

Hypnoz
March 30th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Now, if the CD key check is removed, doesn't that make it hard to identify and ban troublesome players?
I hope you guys understand that out of the couple thousand players on CE 1.00, only a handful have a legit key and are playing there from 1.09 via version changer. The rest (a couple thousand atm) have installed CE with the "portable installer". This installer does not ask for a CD key, it automatically generates one from a list of pirated CD keys within the installer (?)

Now when you catch a cheater (who has the portable installation) on your servers and ban his CD key hash, you are also banning hundreds of other players with the same hash.

But, this same "list" of hashes appears again! With the portable installer, everytime you restart your Halo CE your CD key hash gets generated again, from some list that is located in the registry if I remember correct. Even if you ban all of the CD key hashes from that list, it is still incredibly easy for him to change his CD key by simple editing the registry.

So you guys will eventually have to go into IP banning and then IP range banning because most players have dynamic ip (which has big downsides like innocent players get banned).

After hosting 7-10 on CE 1.00 for a couple years I at some point gave up. The majority of players are from South America, they do not speak english and most do not even reply to you even if you speak spanish to them (yes I tried). Then there are the afk and high ping players who join, just stand still while their ping jumps between 200-1000.

The one thing these players love is Blood Gulch, preferibly 24&7 with rockets. I could populate 10 servers that were running Blood Gulch CTF but had a hard time filling even one server with some other DEFAULT map. So this is a million miles away from getting them onto a site or forum to download and then play custom maps.

THERE HAS TO BE SOMEWAY to get intellectual English speaking players into CE 1.09 who interact with each other :smith:

I think there would be more players like this if it was easier to buy a copy of Halo 1, its not like you can go get it on Steam or from your local gameshop. Until then the game, atleast 1.00 will be populated by these mute brain dead players who have managed to install the portable version.

Cortexian
March 30th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Well, our app will prevent pretty much all the negative stuff you just pointed out. It already bans inactive players and players with ping over X for Y seconds. IP banning has been done in previous apps as well so that won't be a problem once it's implemented.

Patrickssj6
March 30th, 2011, 04:55 PM
It's more of a mentality thing...South Americans are not really gamers, they just crack their way through life. You cannot expect a 'serious' game with them....with me you can't either :P

Just implement a question in 1.00 in English and you'll filter them.

jcap
March 30th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I actually presented Skyline the idea of a translator for the server. I think he began looking into it, but he hasn't done anything with the app over the past 2 months (it still crashes 2x daily). The translator would have used Google Translate to parse the chat and autodetect the language, then pass the translated message to the chat.

Cortexian
March 30th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Well he has school exams and stuff right now like everyone else...

chrisk123999
March 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Halo isn't that hard to find a copy of. It's 20 bucks at Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/HALO-Combat-Evolved-PC-PC-Games/2376806).

Patrickssj6
March 31st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Halo isn't that hard to find a copy of. It's 20 bucks at Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/HALO-Combat-Evolved-PC-PC-Games/2376806).

Walmart basically doesn't exist outside USA, Mexico and Canada(?). GameStop, BestBuy...it's all in the NAFTA Zone.

chrisk123999
March 31st, 2011, 01:46 PM
I'm more along the lines speaking about people who say they can't find a copy in North America. (Not on Steam, stuff like that)

Rainbow Dash
March 31st, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'm more along the lines speaking about people who say they can't find a copy in North America. (Not on Steam, stuff like that)

I got my copy about 4-5 years ago and it was hard to find then, I haven't seen a copy of it in any stores I've been to for about two years now so, yeah.

Also can we please use the default spawn times, at least in the canyon server :s

TVTyrant
March 31st, 2011, 02:30 PM
There are like 5 in every store I go to that carries PC games <.< >.>

Cortexian
March 31st, 2011, 02:54 PM
There are like 5 in every store I go to that carries PC games <.< >.>
Same here.

JackalStomper
April 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I'm actually starting to get annoyed with the modacity servers, and not for the reasons you would think...
Every idiot that I play against accuses me of using a bot, because I have a <60 ping and actually use my brain.

I kill someone with a pistol: "Bot"

I melee someone: "Bot"

.... I run someone over with a vehicle: "Bot"

is there any way to autoban someone when one of their messages contains the word "bot"

Rainbow Dash
April 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm actually starting to get annoyed with the modacity servers, and not for the reasons you would think...
Every idiot that I play against accuses me of using a bot, because I have a <60 ping and actually use my brain.

is there any way to autoban someone when one of their messages contains the word "bot"

not only would the servers be empty, but it just wouldn't be halo either without bad kids calling everyone who kills them bots

Pooky
April 12th, 2011, 10:02 AM

Just think of it as a compliment. I had quite a few prominent community members accuse me of botting back in the day, I always found it hilarious.

TVTyrant
April 12th, 2011, 06:34 PM
If you haven't been accused of botting you aren't good enough.

phantoms
April 12th, 2011, 07:20 PM
you can't really blame people for calling bot on random people aliasing especially if they pull ridiculous shots. the only time I ever suspect someone of botting is when they are amazing at shooting but horrible at strategy

TVTyrant
April 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM
pretty much this ^

Or if I sightjacked them back in the day <.<>.>

JackalStomper
April 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
you can't really blame people for calling bot on random people aliasing especially if they pull ridiculous shots. the only time I ever suspect someone of botting is when they are amazing at shooting but horrible at strategy

Yeah, I started just telling people a bot doesn't help me outsmart them. Usually shuts them up.

mech
April 23rd, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hello guys, what's going on? Welp, been away from this scene for a while, life has been good etc.... Starting to play halo again, and enjoying it. Don't check these forums much at all, and just stopping by to say hi.

P.S.

WARNING

You are very close to getting a 2-week long ban for accumulating too many infraction points due to going against our Acceptable Use Policy (http://www.modacity.net/forums/announcement.php?f=18) or other special/situational rules. Please adjust your behavior so you do not get punished. If you feel your infractions are unjust, please take it up with our staff via PM.

Must've called someone a faggot/anus combo a while back or something, heh.

justin108
April 23rd, 2011, 12:32 AM
LOL, Welcome back Mech I have been gone as long as you have and just returned for a small bit. Glad to see ur still playing sometimes, gotta miss them FBI, CIA, HIV, KOD days.

Kornman00
April 23rd, 2011, 01:56 AM
Must've called someone a faggot/anus combo a while back or something, heh.

:mech2:

TVTyrant
April 23rd, 2011, 01:57 AM
Yay its Mech!!!

mech
April 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/435/halo1o.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3614/halo2o.jpg

bot

My aliases are those and nWrd]Mech

I'll try and check the forum every weekend if I can, so if you want to play just message me.

Cortexian
April 23rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Your alias should be a Hoaers.

Beavis
April 28th, 2011, 07:29 PM
O: I may have to get back into this!

Pooky
April 28th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Mech, yessssss

you need to message me on Steam or whatever when you're getting on Halo.

mech
April 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I don't usually get on steam, it's a shared account; so if it says i'm online, 99% of the time it's not me. Will probably be playing some halo ce Saturday night, got a couple days off to just relax.

Cortexian
May 30th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I'm up for putting snow grove on there, I actually liked it.

TeeKup
May 30th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I liked it. The only server that had it for a while was that stupid zombie server so it wasn't fun to play. Playing on normal gametypes will be a welcome sight.

Rainbow Dash
May 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I agree, put snowgrove on instead of immure.

Pooky
May 30th, 2011, 11:03 AM
At least snowgrove is balanced. Immure fucking sucks and always has. Last time I played custom hive I joined into a game where the enemy team had both Wasps and my teammates were morons so we just got spawn raped the whole game.

Cortexian
May 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I liked it. The only server that had it for a while was that stupid zombie server so it wasn't fun to play. Playing on normal gametypes will be a welcome sight.
Zombies was the most fun game type on it but okay.

jcap
June 3rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
Hey doods,

I'll probably be setting up 5 to 7 more Halo servers sometime in the next week. I'm posting right now, hoping for suggestions from you. I want a better mixup of maps and gametypes.

Be creative, but don't forget that the gametypes must appeal to the people who play shotty no shields and BG 24/7... :|

Cortexian
June 3rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
if you're setting up that many more can we actually setup a proper HIVE like server? It'll still be empty most of the time but we need a server with a good custom rotation.

Rainbow Dash
June 3rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
Surely we can have a few customs servers?

Snow grove

z_sanctuary

Rev

Garden

Wizz

Cortexian
June 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Don't call me Shirley.

Rainbow Dash
June 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Also broadcast the map/server advertisements in English and Spanish maybe?

Cortexian
June 3rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
i thought we already tried that or jcap did

jcap
June 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
I tried broadcasting the announcements in English and Spanish for an entire week. All I was trying to do was switch the players on the Immure server to Immure v2. When the maps switched, everyone was dropped except for the occasional 1 person who had the map. Sometimes another 1 or 2 people would join, but would then quit because the server was empty. As soon as it went back to the first Immure map, it the players would join again.

This was an attempt to get players of one custom map to play the updated version of the map. They didn't. The only response I got was someone saying in Spanish that Immure v2 was "ugly." Either these people are more retarded than I originally thought, or their computers are so shitty that they can't play maps that use more than 3 textures.

I may set up one custom map server, but don't expect it to last. There's no reason for anyone to play in it, and if it's empty there's no reason for me to keep it running.

Rainbow Dash
June 3rd, 2011, 08:58 PM
WHO WOULD BE DOWN FOR REGULAR GET TOGETHERS ON MODA SERVER HUHUHUHUH

Rainbow Dash
June 3rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
hahah who am I kidding, you people don't play this game

Pooky
June 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Either these people are more retarded than I originally thought, or their computers are so shitty that they can't play maps that use more than 3 textures.

It's the first one. I can't stand the pubbies on the Modacity servers. They're so retarded it almost defies reason.

TVTyrant
June 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah just go read the ownage thread for examples.

justin108
June 4th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Sexy Sel, I will play some halo any time you are froggy and at home. Hope we catch a game soon man, miss the ole app days making crazy videos lol. Too bad new folks cant handle /control for a little while for a good vid.

Sel, I fear it may be a 1v1, shall you concede now? xD

mech
June 4th, 2011, 11:39 PM
snow grove
wartorn cov3 with tanks
camtrack arena
fissure fall
No remorse
quagmire

Cortexian
June 5th, 2011, 12:33 AM
helix canyon

jcap
June 5th, 2011, 12:41 AM
If you guys want custom maps then arrange a gamenight or something...then you'll actually have people to play.

Cortexian
June 5th, 2011, 02:30 AM
all that happens during custom game nights is people complaining about how the current map isn't the map they wanted/voted for.

Amit
June 5th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I was just happy to play with people I knew. Didn't care much about the maps. However, to bad for people if the maps they wanted were voted in. The majority of the people wanted the few that were selected.

El Lobo
June 7th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Guys, all of HIV botted, but don't tell anyone.

:lobo:

TPBlinD
June 14th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Guys, all of HIV botted, but don't tell anyone.

:lobo:
Baby come back to me.
Also, get rid of all the aimbotting mexicans on the server.........Really.

JackalStomper
June 14th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I haven't run into any botters on the modacity servers that I'm aware of. That or I'm somehow still beating them (which I doubt)

The only times I have is almost always on sniper servers, and they aren't even subtle about it. just spawnkill spawnkill spawnkill spawnkill spawnkill

Edit: I stand corrected!

Caught this guy earlier this night

zWSUyuJk7KA

TPBlinD
June 18th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Ban Julian. He blatantly bots and I basically talk shit on him and tell him to stop cheating whenever we play.... lollll
And yeah, he did admit it

mech
June 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Going to play some CE for a minute, just leaving a message just in case anyone would like to join me.

TPBlinD
June 18th, 2011, 09:00 PM
What server metch

TPBlinD
June 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM
also, i should have admin.

mech
June 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Was playing in mod @ gulch and some sniper server, finished for now though. They were fucking terrible, plus about 10 afk mexicans in that sniper server.

JackalStomper
June 18th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Ban Julian. He blatantly bots and I basically talk shit on him and tell him to stop cheating whenever we play.... lollll
And yeah, he did admit it

If you ban him you're also banning hundreds of other players. He's a pirate. Who cares ban him anyway? Well then nobody will play on the server. Because 95% of the player base these days are pirates. It's the reason the servers run a version switcher in the first place.

The best thing to do when encountering a bot is to just SHUT UP and just play the game. If you're good enough you can beat him anyway. I didn't have any problems killing him.

TPBlinD
June 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
The best thing to do when encountering a bot is to just SHUT UP and just play the game. If you're good enough you can beat him anyway. I didn't have any problems killing him.
Yeah. its more fun talking shit on them.

Rosco
June 19th, 2011, 10:50 AM
If you ban him you're also banning hundreds of other players. He's a pirate. Who cares ban him anyway? Well then nobody will play on the server. Because 95% of the player base these days are pirates. It's the reason the servers run a version switcher in the first place.

he's terrible so i will let him know he is terrible

TVTyrant
June 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Donors should get admin :cwazy:

jcap
June 20th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Donors should at the very least get flaming armor :U

JackalStomper
June 20th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Donors should at the very least get flaming armor :U

I agree with this. But did skyline ever fix it? Last I saw it was more a flaming ass.

TVTyrant
June 20th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I agree with this. But did skyline ever fix it? Last I saw it was more a flaming ass.
Sounds hawt